Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His release clause is literally £105m. No idea why that guy is reporting those fees. Isn't he seen as some kind of joke on this forum?
You are not triggering his release clause according to the report. And I think Castles is still quite well informed on Mendes' clients.

Castia

Doubt it. He is too good to be a disaster but it's hard to know what counts as acceptable success when spending that much on a CM.
Nobody had seen him play 6 months ago. Liverpool are a great example of buying a ‘form player’ with Gakpo he’s scored about 25 goals this season and had a good World Cup yet looks like the Dutch Danny Ings for the scousers.

redcucumber

His release clause is literally £105m. No idea why that guy is reporting those fees. Isn't he seen as some kind of joke on this forum?
I tend not to keep track of the tiers of football journalists so couldn't say. As others have said, wouldn't at all be surprising if it's a way of paying a larger sum in a more favourable way.

Cloud7

Of all the players Chelsea have signed/been interested in, he’s the only one I really wanted for United and feel gutted that we might miss out on.

That being said, I had never even heard of him prior to the World Cup, so no reason why the next Enzo Fernandez won’t pop up in the next few months.

redcucumber

Paying over the release clause is the most Todd Boehley thing I've heard since his championing of the cutting edge 4-4-3 formation.

mu4c_20le

You aren't paying that amount up front, hence negotiations are required.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's potentially great but I wouldn't say he has a complete skill set. He can't dribble and looks a bit slow carrying the ball forward which are two essential aspects missing from our midfield.
He definitely can dribble

TheReligion

Abusive
I’d honestly be a bit embarrassed if I was a Chelsea fan.
The majority are pretty shameless or have become immune to it following the Abramovich era.

Zero self awareness.

The arrogance of some saying Chelsea are more relevant and successful than United yet they have to post on a United forum because their own are tiny in comparison :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If you're Tommy Tuchel, you must wandering why you weren't backed like this despite having a proven track record.

DavyJones

Supports
Chelsea
This is the greatest Transfer window in the history of club football. I'm absolutely loving this. Nkunku and Gutso joins in the summer. All we have to add is either make Felix permanent or get a Top Striker and we are pretty much set. Couldn't care less what else happens in the league this season, it'll pretty much be pre-season to get these guys bedded in (except the CL).

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
To be fair Chelsea fans on this forum don't need to be self aware because TheReligion is already aware enough of anything and everything their club is doing.

DoctorPepper

If you're Tommy Tuchel, you must wandering why you weren't backed like this despite having a proven track record.
They spent a lot of money in the summer too. Apparently they were desperate to spend, and Tuchel wouldn't answer their calls.

Castia

I think that was part of the problem they were throwing new players at him that he didn’t even want

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Have Chelsea ever had any good Argentine players?

You’d think with such a small history I’d be able to remember.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel wanted ready to plug in players in their late twenties. I am much more excited about this interest in young players that could become top players. It can be risky, but exciting.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Of all the players Chelsea have signed/been interested in, he’s the only one I really wanted for United and feel gutted that we might miss out on.

That being said, I had never even heard of him prior to the World Cup, so no reason why the next Enzo Fernandez won’t pop up in the next few months.
Agreed.

Damn you Ennzoooo!

mav_9me

Nobody had seen him play 6 months ago. Liverpool are a great example of buying a ‘form player’ with Gakpo he’s scored about 25 goals this season and had a good World Cup yet looks like the Dutch Danny Ings for the scousers.
People had pointed him out prior to coming to Europe. Not regular fans like you and me but people who watch more soccer.

Also a few differences between him and Gakpo:
1. He was key part of winning the WC
2. He has shown same stuff in the CL
3. There's a reason Gakpo went for what he did, and why Enzo is in bigger demand, different level of abilities.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Guys, seriously.

If I was a billionaire with cash to burn I'd also hoover up the best, double quick.

What surprises me is why the other billionaire owners aren't doing the same.

Djemba-Djemba

I mean what can you even say with all this.

What Chelsea are doing is just utterly absurd but then again they did a similar thing when they got their first sugar daddy in 2003. The first couple of summers under Abramovich they bought fecking loads and loads of players, including hijacking deals any rivals were trying to make.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
People had pointed him out prior to coming to Europe. Not regular fans like you and me but people who watch more soccer.

Also a few differences between him and Gakpo:
1. He was key part of winning the WC
2. He has shown same stuff in the CL
3. There's a reason Gakpo went for what he did, and why Enzo is in bigger demand, different level of abilities.
Also he plays in a part of the pitch that you need to dominate and have energy, if you don't have a key player in the midfield you concede goals because defences start to fall apart.

I'd love United to get him even at the same price but it wont happen.

TsuWave

I do indeed. Nearly 40 years old and still putting in world class, man of the match caliber performances every week.
I mean I’m not arguing he’s not class. I just find it hard to crown him the best CB in the league

Sparky Rhiwabon

This is smart by Chelsea because, from what I read, they (or us for that matter, regardless of ownership) won’t be able to spend much in the summer due to the new FFP rules.

laughtersassassin

Chelsea actually being quite smart here.

So in the summer the new FFP rules come in.

We can't spend without selling regardless of new owners supposedly. And we have no one worth any money to fund the Striker and Midfielder we need. So we are in trouble unless we get creative and make money somehow.

Meanwhile when the new rules come in Chelsea will have already bought a feck ton of players. Even if those players don't work out they have a shit ton of players they can sell to fund more. Thereby getting around the new rules.

It's awful but smart all the same.

We need to find a creative way around these rules too considering ETH needs backed.

laughtersassassin

Disgusting levels of spending by Chelsea. I really hope this comes back to bite them on the arse.
It will help them. It means they have tons of players to sell in the new FFP era.

Therefore they'll have more to spend.

Meanwhile we got no one to sell so we are kinda screwed..

Status
Not open for further replies.