Music Epic Covers of Famous Songs

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Tears for Fears - Mad World, covered by Gary Joules and used in the Donnie Darko movie

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus, covered by the great Johnny Cash

Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust, covered by Judas Priest

Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah, covered by Jeff Buckley

I feel that Metallica did a more than decent job on Bob Seger's Turn The Page

Finally, this voice could not be missing from a list like this

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
As Hendrix/Dylan has already been done...

fecking great live band, love watching Ringo bashing away.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I love a good cover version. I had a phase of trying to find foreign language covers of English songs.

These guys also have a few good covers under their belt.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Bad Company covered by Five Finger Death Punch

@TheRedDevil'sAdvocate have you heard Adam Lambert's cover of Mad World? I found it extremely dark and quite good.
I checked it out and it is quite good indeed. I find it amazing that since Gary Joules transformed the original song, so many artists actually try to cover his version of the song instead of the Tears for Fears one. It really tells you how successful it was. And i agree on Bad Company. I don't like FFDP much but that one was clearly spot on.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!

Amazing considering it's just his voice and a looper, Thom Yorke must hate the fact he spends months in the studio to come up with the sound and this guy can recreate it on the fly.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
For me this is a bad cover. I love FNM but they bring nothing new or interesting to this song. It just seems like Mike Patton wants to prove that he has some R&B chops.
Wanted to post the song myself before, but listening to both...there just wasn't anything that much different between them. Great song, but indeed, bad cover.