EPL gone here. How much does it cost to follow football/sports in your countries?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Last time I checked it was about £7/month.
Although the resolution doesn't go above 1080p.

Alan Partridge

These prices are absurd. Especially when you look at how overpaid players etc are. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so I haven’t paid to watch football all season. It’s been frustrating at times but a lot less so than I expected.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Well yes but what about on tv?
There’s a thread about people using their phones at matches. What do you think will happen if you take you television?

Banat

I'v got some internet/tv package for €30, 2 years contract (first 12 months €15), full EPL, UCL, Spanish and Italian plus some other leagues, over 100 HD channels, HBO and Cinestar etc.

bludsucker

I'm in India and I shudder every time this conversation comes up, because I wonder when our bubble will burst.

Hotstar, which is Disney+'s subsidiary here, shows the EPL as one of their many offerings. It costs $18 for a year.
I don’t think the price is going up anytime soon seeing as they seem to have lost out on the ipl rights.
Yeah.. its a very good deal.
The only issue is the video quality/bitrate is pretty average.
I would easily pay double if they offered 50 fps. The bitrate is quite poor btw.

prateik

I don’t think the price is going up anytime soon seeing as they seem to have lost out on the ipl rights.

I would easily pay double if they offered 50 fps. The bitrate is quite poor btw.
Yep.. don't think the price can go that much higher. its about volume here... they'll lose a large number of subscribers if they increased it 2-3x.
and yes.. would happily pay 2500-3000 if they offered sports at 4k 60..

MDFC Manager

I'm in India and I shudder every time this conversation comes up, because I wonder when our bubble will burst.

Hotstar, which is Disney+'s subsidiary here, shows the EPL as one of their many offerings. It costs $18 for a year.
I've the 899 package which comes to $12 ish.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
When I am in the UK, it costs me £56/month. When I am in Nigeria, it costs me £25/month to watch every EPL, Serie A, LaLiga, Bundesliga, and Champions League game.

Spaghetti

Mom's
In Spain we get the EPL (all 10 games per matchday) on DAZN for 12€ a month.

There are other things on there too, like boxing and F1. It’s a decent deal.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Spain, I think more or less these are the options:
Liga+ Champions League on Movistar (phone must also be contracted separately) €62.40 until 2023, then €85.
All football, €79, then €108.

With DAZN (shares rights), 5 la liga matches every week, €19.
Dazn Esencial (Premier league, Moto GP, F1) = €13/month.

Tarrou

i got a dodgy subscription from this lad on facebook

costs $200 per year for everything, which is all UK channels (inc sports), US channels, a bunch of other countries, loads of movies & box-sets

M16Red

If you look at it with the legal package it's ridiculous pricing.

The amount of money they make, Premier League clubs recorded revenue growth of eight per cent for the 2020-21 season, increasing from £4.5billion ($5.4b) to £4.9billion ($5.9bn)

6. Man Utd
Actual league position: 6th
Equal share: £79m
Facility fees: £25.4m
Merit payment: £39.8m
Commercial revenue: £5.6m
Total: £149.8m

@Tarrou your getting ripped off pal, for dodgy tv it should be about £65 which is about $64 with the dollar dominance at the moment

kiristao

In India it is ridiculously cheap. For about 6 pounds a month I get almost all the EPL games, Bundesliga, LA Liga and the Dutch league besides F1, all of Indias cricket matches and matches of some other countries too. We used to also get NBA at one point but not sure if we still get it.

vangagal

39.6 dollar per year this season only for EPl alone which about 3.3 per month. I dont know if it cheap or expensive for EPL games only.

M16Red

In India it is ridiculously cheap. For about 6 pounds a month I get almost all the EPL games, Bundesliga, LA Liga and the Dutch league besides F1, all of Indias cricket matches and matches of some other countries too. We used to also get NBA at one point but not sure if we still get it.
Not only footy, youtube premium - VPN in create an account, sub up and Google a indian post @£2 a month. Regional pricing is very easy to get round :-)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
6 pounds a month is what 72 pounds a year. You can get all that for less than 30 pounds a year.

Hotstar - 10 pounds a year.
Sonylive - around 12 pounds a year
Voot - 3-4 pounds a year.

That's it, you are covered for every major league and sports.

Bestie07

Surely it's getting to a point in certain countries where they are squeezing as much as possible from the paying customers before they decide they'd rather spend their money elsewhere? The money some of you guys are paying is quite ridiculous.

Anduin

In Austria, I pay € 32,50 a month for Sky and DAZN, which basically covers all major leagues and in the case of DAZN a lot of sports content I’m not interested in. I think that’s more than fair.

Withnail

It's far too expensive here. I'd need to subscribe to Sky Sports, BT and premier Sports to watch all the matches. It's a joke. That'd be €74 on top of what I'm already paying for the basic package. They're doing a deal at the moment where it's €25 but that only seems to be for 6 months.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Who's having Eredivisie rights right now?

hp88

I am going downgrading my Sky package to the bare minimum at the end of this year, signed up to IPTV for £60/year even if it stops after a couple of months it still works out cheaper than Sky.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
In Spain we get the EPL (all 10 games per matchday) on DAZN for 12€ a month.

There are other things on there too, like boxing and F1. It’s a decent deal.
It still is a good deal but considering about 4 years ago I was paying 4.99€ a month which then went up to 9.99€ a month and is now 12.99€ a month it is a big increase in a relatively short space of time.

Still a lot better than the UK prices though which is basically daylight robbery especially with the 3pm blackout in place.

Spaghetti

Mom's
It still is a good deal but considering about 4 years ago I was paying 4.99€ a month which then went up to 9.99€ a month and is now 12.99€ a month it is a big increase in a relatively short space of time.

Still a lot better than the UK prices though which is basically daylight robbery especially with the 3pm blackout in place.
The coverage, reliability and amount of stuff has also increased a lot as well.

I can’t remember 4.99 but they had a special offer when they first got PL football for 9.99 for the first 3 months. Are you in Spain?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The coverage, reliability and amount of stuff has also increased a lot as well.

I can’t remember 4.99 but they had a special offer when they first got PL football for 9.99 for the first 3 months. Are you in Spain?
Yeah I'm in Spain. I first paid 4.99 for the service 3 or 4 years ago. I think it went up to 9.99 when they brought Eurosport1 and 2 on board. Don't get me wrong. I still think 12.99 is a very good price for what they offer but It wouldn't surprise me if there's more price hikes once they start to get a monopoly in the sporting world so I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Seen it all before with movistar. 3 or 4 years ago i was paying 80€ for the complete package including La Liga, Champions and Premier. They then lost rights to the PL and then gave us the choice if we didn't want a price hike to choose between the CL or La Liga. So now I'm paying the same but only have the CL instead of the 3. DAZN has been a godsend to be honest.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I pay about £100 a year to a mare called Dave, essentially. Before that, I had a monthly comprehensive package from Virgin which cost me about £150 a month (including internet, movies, HD etc).

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
14 or 15 euro per month in The Netherlands on Viaplay, you get every single EPL and Bundesliga game and Formula 1. We do get shitty commentary though. Would rather have English commentators but not for the price some of the people on this thread are paying.. Its disgraceful how some of these broadcasting platforms rob hard working fans.

NewYorkRed

A lot. For most NFL and basketball, I have Youtube TV which is $65 a month. I then pay a little more on top for Redzone which basically shows every important play/touchdown. I get a lot of the EPL games on it too, but some of them are on NBC’s Peacock (like the derby today), so I have to pay extra for that. Then UCL I have to pay extra for too since that’s usually on neither (except some games). Its honestly such BS.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Yeah I'm in Spain. I first paid 4.99 for the service 3 or 4 years ago. I think it went up to 9.99 when they brought Eurosport1 and 2 on board. Don't get me wrong. I still think 12.99 is a very good price for what they offer but It wouldn't surprise me if there's more price hikes once they start to get a monopoly in the sporting world so I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Seen it all before with movistar. 3 or 4 years ago i was paying 80€ for the complete package including La Liga, Champions and Premier. They then lost rights to the PL and then gave us the choice if we didn't want a price hike to choose between the CL or La Liga. So now I'm paying the same but only have the CL instead of the 3. DAZN has been a godsend to be honest.
Yeah it’s been great.

I think the 4.99 must have been before I had heard of DAZN. My first subscription was in the covid season and it was 9.99.

It went up 3 euros this summer I think. But it’s still fantastic value.

I have a dodgy stick that I can use if it gets too ludicrous but I like the DAZN commentary (even if they are only watching on tv) and simplicity of it. No overly negative over-analysis of everything.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
A lot. For most NFL and basketball, I have Youtube TV which is $65 a month. I then pay a little more on top for Redzone which basically shows every important play/touchdown. I get a lot of the EPL games on it too, but some of them are on NBC’s Peacock (like the derby today), so I have to pay extra for that. Then UCL I have to pay extra for too since that’s usually on neither (except some games). Its honestly such BS.
Thats so fecked up. I usually watch Redzone via those old Reddit streams (NFLBite on google, NBABite for basketball). If you're ever sick of paying for it they have pretty solid streams, hardly encounter any problems like buffering or low quality.

anurag

$20 a year for EPL (and Disney+)
$15 a year for CL, Europa and Bundesliga

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Up until this season DAZN had the PL, CL and EL rights as well as a Carabao Cup and Championship as well in Canada. Great package and $20 CAD per month (£15). Every single game as well.

Then they lost the PL rights in the summer and only have CL/EL. I found out right after I’d renewed for the year (paying $200 for the year which was a third cheaper than their increased monthly price).
FuboTV now have the PL rights and that’s payable either monthly, quarterly or annually. I went for the quarterly option which is $50 CAD (£32.50) every three months. I have to keep DAZN to get CL/EL as well.

So $400 (approximately £258) for the year to get all of it. $200 (£129) split four ways over the year to get every Premier League game.
Fubo had a sale in June or so where it was $100 for the year. My dazn is expiring in a month though, was paying 150 for that previously but once they lost Prem and raised the prices anyway, easy cancel. I'll just find streams for NFL and European games. Annoying but is what it is.

anurag

6 pounds a month is what 72 pounds a year. You can get all that for less than 30 pounds a year.

Hotstar - 10 pounds a year.
Sonylive - around 12 pounds a year
Voot - 3-4 pounds a year.

That's it, you are covered for every major league and sports.
Hotstar is almost 20 pounds a year. So total 40