EPL gone here. How much does it cost to follow football/sports in your countries?

Pintu

This morning, I woke up with the EPL gone from my subscription. Until now, I had a wonderful package from Telia (combing the 3 biggest TV broadcasters in Sweden + HBO) for about €65. This package offered every single sport event I can think of (local, European, and international). But now, one of the TV-broadcasters (Viaplay / The one showing the PL) couldn't agree with the provider and was taken out. Telia cut their price down to 45€. If I were to subscribe for Viaplay separately, it would cost 55€ extra. It's much cheaper to get a beer at the sports pub down the street twice a week.

I find it insane that, in the midst of this inflation crisis, we're being asked to pay 55€ for one third of the content we had for 65€ last week. And I want to compare this to the price setting in other places.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
8 euros per month. Sport package which includes all games from all top football leagues plus el plus CL plus NBA, NFL and many other shit :drool:

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It depends on how much you want but the better options are from Canal Plus and the price are depending on the package between 21€ and 41€. At 41€ you have Netflix and Bein Sport on top of Canal Plus.

Pintu

That's peanuts compared to the situation across the border.
The Telia deal was awesome. But paying 550 kr/month for Viaplay is just too much (They don't have the CL, they don't have any relevant Swedish sports). I only need to watch 3/4 United games every month. How much do you pay for the PL?

diarm

I pay €110 a year for every channel on earth and pretty much every movie or series I can think of on demand.

Ireland went the same way you are describing a few years back, when the decision to "prevent Sky from having a monopoly", resulted in another us being charged double what we were paying before. Between that racket, and paying over a grand a year to watch tv with 20 minutes of ads every hour, I made the guilt free decision to stop drinking the Kool Aid ages ago.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
£66/Month for Virgin with Sky Sports and BT Sports. Then whatever Amazon Prime costs.

Think that covers everything that’s broadcast in the UK but considering how many 3pm KOs there are it isn’t enough.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Greed essentially. Football finances in for a big shock ultimately, too much competition with new digital media and its too expensive. In the UK they put in a reserve price and the last auction didn't even take place properly iirc.

All football was on Sky originally, CL and PL. When BT came in the cost doubled pretty much in a few years.

Cheap ubiquitous properly licensed streaming is the future. If / When things go wrong with the current model that's where we go.

Chief123

You can sign up to official broadcasters like Fubo TV and Peacock. I wonder if that’s still illegal in the U.K. considering it’s not a pirate stream and is an official subscription from the broadcaster but just using vpn to access it.

The Siege

I'm in India and I shudder every time this conversation comes up, because I wonder when our bubble will burst.

Hotstar, which is Disney+'s subsidiary here, shows the EPL as one of their many offerings. It costs $18 for a year.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The Telia deal was awesome. But paying 550 kr/month for Viaplay is just too much (They don't have the CL, they don't have any relevant Swedish sports). I only need to watch 3/4 United games every month. How much do you pay for the PL?
About €100 per year for IPTV :wenger:

I think it's close to 700kr here for Viaplay and you can only watch PL content on one device (no such restrictions for all other content they have). A friend of mine has three different sport subscriptions (Viaplay, Discovery+ and local broadcaster) and he's paying around €2000 per year. Completely bonkers. As long as people willingly want to get fleeced, the tv companies will happily oblige and keep pushing the prices upwards. We really need a Spotify/Netflix of sports.

prateik

I'm in India and I shudder every time this conversation comes up, because I wonder when our bubble will burst.

Hotstar, which is Disney+'s subsidiary here, shows the EPL as one of their many offerings. It costs $18 for a year.
Yeah.. its a very good deal.
The only issue is the video quality/bitrate is pretty average.

Church o Choccy

In the US I pay for Sling Blue, Peacock and Paramount which gets me every EPL game and all the European matches. That's about 50 dollars a month (which, as I understand it, if you keep letting the Tories run the economy, will soon be worth about three million pounds).

I miss out on legal streaming for domestic cup competitions because they're on ESPN and that's a bunch extra.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Me, in Italy:

- € 29,99 Sky Italia (3 Serie A matches, EPL, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Most of Champions League) +
- € 29,99 DAZN (All Serie A, La Liga, Europa League)
- € 5,99 Amazon Prime Video (Remaining Champions League)
= around 65 euros per-month to watch all the major football competitions

The One and Only

If you include Sony Liv and Voot, all top 5 leagues plus CL and Europa league matches are available for less than $30 a year. It's incredible!

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Incredible the difference in prices across the globe.

In India, my TV + OTT + 150 gbps unlimited broadband combined subscription costs around 20 USD a month. This includes all major OTT platforms like Netflix/Amazon Prime and maybe a dozen others, all TV channels one can imagine on top quality.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
This morning, I woke up with the EPL gone from my subscription. Until now, I had a wonderful package from Telia (combing the 3 biggest TV broadcasters in Sweden + HBO) for about €65. This package offered every single sport event I can think of (local, European, and international). But now, one of the TV-broadcasters (Viaplay / The one showing the PL) couldn't agree with the provider and was taken out. Telia cut their price down to 45€. If I were to subscribe for Viaplay separately, it would cost 55€ extra. It's much cheaper to get a beer at the sports pub down the street twice a week.

I find it insane that, in the midst of this inflation crisis, we're being asked to pay 55€ for one third of the content we had for 65€ last week. And I want to compare this to the price setting in other places.
Get IPTV, it's about 1400 sek a year...4K, HD you get everything including Netflix, HBO Disney+...
Viaplay was 450 sek a month when I had it years ago when they had PL and CL but it's too much now. Have had IPTV for like 4 years now and I'm very happy with it.

Bondi77

7 bucks a month and that includes La Liga and all internationals

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Do you guys make like 200 a month over there?
Hm, should i be offended on this remark or...?
Anyway, right question would be how that sport channel who has exclusive rights for most of football leagues is making profit with that price. Well, i don't know. They are covering whole this region and going for quantity i guess

Anyway, right question would be how that sport channel who has exclusive rights for most of football leagues is making profit with that price. Well, i don't know. They are covering whole this region and going for quantity i guess
Is it the MaxArena price, at 6.50 euro? (49kn). That’s ridiculous.

Wonder if I can sign up and VPN it… hmmmmm!

I was able to sign up for Elevensports Portugal with a vpn + paypal for 15 Euro a month (CL + PL + big 4 leagues except Serie A), though not all VPN work for that site. Bonus: you learn portuguese while watching sports.

Red00012

Me, in Italy:

- € 29,99 Sky Italia (3 Serie A matches, EPL, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Most of Champions League) +
- € 29,99 DAZN (All Serie A, La Liga, Europa League)
- € 5,99 Amazon Prime Video (Remaining Champions League)
= around 65 euros per-month to watch all the major football competitions
I was paying this for the last few years with Sky . Finally decided to get a dodgy box which cost me €60 for 12 months subscription. I should have done it years ago

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Is it the MaxArena price, at 6.50 euro? (49kn). That’s ridiculous.

Wonder if I can sign up and VPN it… hmmmmm!
It is 6.5? Damn, it is so cheap that i don't even know how much i am paying it. :lol:
Where’s that? What subscription/country?
Croatia. Arena sport TV. They are must have for all cable tv providers out here.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Up until this season DAZN had the PL, CL and EL rights as well as a Carabao Cup and Championship as well in Canada. Great package and $20 CAD per month (£15). Every single game as well.

Then they lost the PL rights in the summer and only have CL/EL. I found out right after I’d renewed for the year (paying $200 for the year which was a third cheaper than their increased monthly price).
FuboTV now have the PL rights and that’s payable either monthly, quarterly or annually. I went for the quarterly option which is $50 CAD (£32.50) every three months. I have to keep DAZN to get CL/EL as well.

So $400 (approximately £258) for the year to get all of it. $200 (£129) split four ways over the year to get every Premier League game.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
£66/Month for Virgin with Sky Sports and BT Sports. Then whatever Amazon Prime costs.

Think that covers everything that’s broadcast in the UK but considering how many 3pm KOs there are it isn’t enough.
Is it still the case that 3pm Premier League games aren’t watchable anywhere legally in the UK?

Leonzo1

Israel, Around 25 euros per month for EPL, Europa League, Serie A, Bundesliga and all the major Boxing/Tennis/Basketball events. (Champions League and La Liga are free)

mu4c_20le

Usually regional pricing is because the cost of living is different in many countries, so no, it wasn't meant as a put down. For example a few posts above you someone from India is paying just as cheap or even lower, but thats understandable because of the costs. I have no clue about Croatia but it sounds like a loophole, ie you guys can afford it but for some reason dont have to