Eredivisie 2022/23

Lux Thunder

Aye, it's a testament to their work when it comes to youth scouting and youth coaching. Brilliant to see both them and Hajduk in the final. Small clubs in Europe even though they're big clubs in their countries.
Yeah, despite this being a youth competition, here in Croatia we practically all agree that this is by far the biggest achievement in the history of club's football in our country. Reception in Split today was insane as was the support from their fans in Geneve yesterday.

Tell what you want but we are a proud footballing nation, it is great what we achieved recently having less than 4 million people.

Congratulations to AZ, they were on a very different level yesterday and outclassed Hajduk to win the competition.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Yeah, despite this being a youth competition, here in Croatia we practically all agree that this is by far the biggest achievement in the history of club's football in our country. Reception in Split today was insane as was the support from their fans in Geneve yesterday.

Tell what you want but we are a proud footballing nation, it is great what we achieved recently having less than 4 million people.

Congratulations to AZ, they were on a very different level yesterday and outclassed Hajduk to win the competition.
That’s lovely to see and a great thing to for the young players to experience.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This cup final is a disgrace to the game. Shite football from both sides, constant play acting and whining, homophobic chants. Classy stuff.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Thought conceicao has been extremely bright since coming on. Him and Xavi look most likely to conjure something up.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
This is like watching some of those El Clasicos. Not in terms of quality but the feisty nature. Surprised no-one's been sent off yet.

Stadjer

The level in de cup final was already low compared to a Premier League match but the level has dropped so much more now the players are tired in extra time. Some players can hardly pass and run anymore

Stadjer

Wolves loanie Silva scoring the deciding penalty!

3 penalty misses by Ajax... last Ajax penalty was a hopeless penalty from Alvarez

facchiano

I was in Rotterdam for a festival, saw that the cup was being played during my stay and bought a ticket during the week. Great atmosphere and it was getting a bit feisty between the players during the game. The actual football being played was dull and the penalties was great drama for a neutral like me.

Last edited:

Multatuli

Supports
Az
I know you're just kidding, but actually, I think the Netherlands have not had much success in youth football for quite a while, so this is quite cool in that respect.

Congrats @Multatuli and @BenitoSTARR! (Yes, we even have resident AZ fans!)
Sorry a bit late, but thank you very much!
I have followed the team since the U15, so I knew they were very talented. But to win the Youth league against very strong opponents like Barca and Real Madrid, was unreal.
Next year most of them will be starters in the second team (who play at the second highelst level in the Netherlands). Some of them allready made the first squad, but in 1 or 2 years most of them will play in the first squad. Really looking forward to that.

Reactions: Cheimoon

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
That's Ajax almost certainly missing out on CL next season with today's draw against AZ. Also good PSV won so we can win the league at home next week instead of at Excelsior tomorrow.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
That's Ajax almost certainly missing out on CL next season with today's draw against AZ. Also good PSV won so we can win the league at home next week instead of at Excelsior tomorrow.
I thought ED received a 3rd slot into qualifiers now (excluding league playoffs)? Or is that next season?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I thought ED received a 3rd slot into qualifiers now (excluding league playoffs)? Or is that next season?
Slots for the next season are always locked in at the beginning of the current season. We will have to wait another season for Eredivisie to be fully unleashed on Europe.

Pintu

That’s for the following season, they’ve surpassed Portugal… And they still have a small shot at ending this cycle in 5th, ahead of France (AZ would need to win all its games in the ECL for that to happen). Which would mean 4 CL slots, including one via qualifiers.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Slots for the next season are always locked in at the beginning of the current season. We will have to wait another season for Eredivisie to be fully unleashed on Europe.
That’s for the following season, they’ve surpassed Portugal… And they still have a small shot at ending this cycle in 5th, ahead of France (AZ would need to win all its games in the ECL for that to happen). Which would mean 4 CL slots, including one via qualifiers.
Thanks, for some reason I had it in my head it was this coming season. Season has been way too long. :houllier:

As on aside,

really puts into perspective how shambolic this season has been

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
11th win in a row. 3 matches left to get 2 points for the league title. Though I expect we will finish it next week at home against Go ahead eagles.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
11th win in a row. 3 matches left to get 2 points for the league title. Though I expect we will finish it next week at home against Go ahead eagles.
Very happy for your club mate!

Top fans and a great team. It’s great to see them take the league title once more.

Enjoy it ! Champions of Netherlands !

Stadjer

My local team FC Groningen is officially relegated... despite having the seventh budget in the league. Impressive how badly the club has done this year.

Also a season with multiple incidents of fans getting onto the pitch and games that had to be suspended. A season to quickly forget.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
My local team FC Groningen is officially relegated... despite having the seventh budget in the league. Impressive how badly the club has done this year.

Also a season with multiple incidents of fans getting onto the pitch and games that had to be suspended. A season to quickly forget.
What the hell happened there? Just recently I thought the club was well settling in the subtop but this season... :eek:

Stadjer

What the hell happened there? Just recently I thought the club was well settling in the subtop but this season... :eek:
It has been pretty dire for a while now. Not bad enough to relegate but the games arent fun to watch and less people are visiting games. The technical director decided it was a good idea to sell all quality players and buy back a lot of young players. He sold well because the club does have quite a bit of money in reserve now. However selling all quality players caused that the squad ended up with young players who arent that good. I doubt many of those players will be sold for a profit, like the plan was. Average age this season was 23 according to Transfermarkt and only Vitesse had a younger average age. The average age was also increased a bit in the winter by getting players like former Newcastle player Jetro Willems.

The whole squadbuilding has been an example of how to not build a squad. The technical director has been sacked for it. The decision to sack the former manager and promote someone without any experience to manage the club out of the relegation also hasnt worked out well. Not well at all since he did even worse.

A lot of bad players too. The goalkeeper is a disaster and cost the club multiple points. Only loan player Pepi (an American player) did well by scoring 12 goals in a terrible team.

Loads of problems of the pitch too. The dog of one of the players bit someone and that was reported by the local news. In response the club banned the journalist. The club had a lot of issues with the media this season because they didnt like what was written. Fans came onto the pitch in anger multiple times. A fan hit/assaulted Willems on the head during a game. A game was suspended because someone threw a cup of beer at a linesman. The owner of a popular bar and lifelong fan and sponsor died this year and nobody from the club went to the funeral. This was a bit frowned upon by other fans and sponsors since former club people did go to the funeral. Losing touch with the local fans basically and all there is for a club like Fc Groninger are the local fans.

Relegation sucks but atleast a good manager is hired for next year. Someone who has proven to be able to play good football and also promote clubs to the Eredivise. The technical director is sacked. Some 'club people' have come back to the club. Hopefully we can just quickly bounce back next season because a club like Groningen does belong in the Eredivisie.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It has been pretty dire for a while now. Not bad enough to relegate but the games arent fun to watch and less people are visiting games. The technical director decided it was a good idea to sell all quality players and buy back a lot of young players. He sold well because the club does have quite a bit of money in reserve now. However selling all quality players caused that the squad ended up with young players who arent that good. I doubt many of those players will be sold for a profit, like the plan was. Average age this season was 23 according to Transfermarkt and only Vitesse had a younger average age. The average age was also increased a bit in the winter by getting players like former Newcastle player Jetro Willems.

The whole squadbuilding has been an example of how to not build a squad. The technical director has been sacked for it. The decision to sack the former manager and promote someone without any experience to manage the club out of the relegation also hasnt worked out well. Not well at all since he did even worse.

A lot of bad players too. The goalkeeper is a disaster and cost the club multiple points. Only loan player Pepi (an American player) did well by scoring 12 goals in a terrible team.

Loads of problems of the pitch too. The dog of one of the players bit someone and that was reported by the local news. In response the club banned the journalist. The club had a lot of issues with the media this season because they didnt like what was written. Fans came onto the pitch in anger multiple times. A fan hit/assaulted Willems on the head during a game. A game was suspended because someone threw a cup of beer at a linesman. The owner of a popular bar and lifelong fan and sponsor died this year and nobody from the club went to the funeral. This was a bit frowned upon by other fans and sponsors since former club people did go to the funeral. Losing touch with the local fans basically and all there is for a club like Fc Groninger are the local fans.

Relegation sucks but atleast a good manager is hired for next year. Someone who has proven to be able to play good football and also promote clubs to the Eredivise. The technical director is sacked. Some 'club people' have come back to the club. Hopefully we can just quickly bounce back next season because a club like Groningen does belong in the Eredivisie.
Thanks for working that out. Jeez, speak of a perfect shitstorm! But then one entirely of their own making...

ArjenIsM3

Gonna be so weird to see Cambuur play Groningen in the Eerste Divisie.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This is it. The day we are winning the league. Can't wait for the match.