Eredivisie 2022/23

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
They played 2x60 minutes instead of 2x45.

This is a trend for pre season friendlies over here.
Under Ten Hag Ajax even used to play 2 friendlies a day. 1 for reserves+youth and one for starting XI + youth. An hour for reserves and starting XI and 2x 30 minutes for the youth players

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I might have to reassess my opinion on Feyenoord.
They've signed Gimenez, Szymanski, Q. Timber for big fees.
It's a bit pathetic they dont 'have a single left back, but if they can get that position sorted I think they'll place above PSV.

I loved Ruud as a player, but man is he uninspiring to listen to!

I really rate Ajax's reserves, so if Schreuder drops the ball it's entirely on him IMO.

Prediction: Q. Timber and Veerman will be in Koeman's first squad after he takes over.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Cup final vs PSV tonight. Im excited! Expecting a 3-2 win.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Can't stand the winner boasting they won a prize and the loser downplaying its value :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax missing their old bald guy. 2-1 down after a great start. Alvarez should have definitely been send off. He did a Jan Wouters vs Gazza impression.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Shit refs make the game far more entertaining if you're not rooting for one team or the other.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax about to have a United Post Sir Alex style Post EtH downturn now. :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Think Ajax are about to find out this bald is an actual fraud.

Ha, I beat you cafalgorithm.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Not really, Ajax was way better, but 2 crosses and 3 mistakes by the goalie lead to this result.
That’s all well and good but I don’t think this Ajax team is as strong anymore. It’ll be a lot tougher for them this year, a lot.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Not really, Ajax was way better, but 2 crosses and 3 mistakes by the goalie lead to this result.
Hmm agree to some extent. We were better, but our defense is really suspect. Ajax are going to have a tough time like this. We won't score 3 every match and with this defense we can honestly concede 2 goals every week - even in Eredivisie.

I also think Taylor in midfield is an absolute no go in serious matches. He's not good enough for these type of games. Kudus is the superior player and shouldn't be on the bench whilst Taylor is on the pitch. Wijndal was also very poor today. Offensively he's decent, but defensively he's really weak. Everyone's calling for Blind to be out of the team, but at least he's bringing huge qualities in build up play. Wijndal is suspect defensively and offensively is only a danger when he can get behind the defense. He's not a great dribbler or passer. I was a little bit suprised Bassey came on as a left back. I would have expected him to come on as a CB and Blind to move to leftback. Gorter has clearly not taken his chance and his mistakes cost us the game.

Ajax have a lot of work to do, that's for sure. I'm still not sure about Schreuder either. If he doesn't sort out his defense this could be a short season for him.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Think Ajax are about to find out this bald is an actual fraud.

Ha, I beat you cafalgorithm.
If you're trying to establish a bald lineage, like Ajax do, you're bound to encounter the occasional sparsely haired fraud.

Last edited:

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
We have some cracking qualities and loads of creativity.. I think our peak is very very high, but we need to improve our defensive stability for sure..

criticalanalysis

Saw the highlights on youtube. Just wanted to post this:

What a beauty from Kudus. What's his potential? ETH to come for him next year? :lol:

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Gakpo looks class, any PSV fans on here?
He’s by far our best player. Think by now he is the best player of the League too together with Timber and Tadic. His shooting technique is brilliant. Not sure he is good enough for a United level club though. At least not the level United should strive for.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He’s by far our best player. Think by now he is the best player of the League too together with Timber and Tadic. His shooting technique is brilliant. Not sure he is good enough for a United level club though. At least not the level United should strive for.
I'm actually kind of surprised he's still at PSV. Do you think he will make a move after the CL qualifyers or is he staying for another season? Heard Leeds were in for him, which is actually kind of dissappointing. I'd say he could aim a bit higher than that. If maybe not for a club like United, but maybe something in between like a spanish sub top club or Arsenal or something.

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
I'm actually kind of surprised he's still at PSV. Do you think he will make a move after the CL qualifyers or is he staying for another season? Heard Leeds were in for him, which is actually kind of dissappointing. I'd say he could aim a bit higher than that. If maybe not for a club like United, but maybe something in between like a spanish sub top club or Arsenal or something.
My guess is he stays if we get to the CL. Yes a Arsenal level club would be ideal for him I think but maybe not Arsenal because of Martinelli.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Cheers lads. Yeah i think if he's the best player in the league then he can definitely be part of our squad. Whether he has it in him to be a regular starter and contributor at the top level is still up for debate but looks quality and still has plenty of room for improvement I think. Would probably be cheaper than Antony too.

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Cheers lads. Yeah i think if he's the best player in the league then he can definitely be part of our squad. Whether he has it in him to be a regular starter and contributor at the top level is still up for debate but looks quality and still has plenty of room for improvement I think. Would probably be cheaper than Antony too.
Playing in half an hour against Monaco with Ruud coaching.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm quite excited for the match tonight. If you beat Monaco it will be Rangers or St. Gilloises (or something) which both hardly seem unsurmountable. Even if Gio manage to sneak an EL final with them last year.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Playing in half an hour against Monaco with Ruud coaching.
Yeah was quite happy seeing Ruud win the JC shield. Brilliant player for us and classy guy. Don't think that's enough to make me watch a friendly between PSV and Monaco though(even with Gakpo playing) :lol:

Edit: Oh just realised it's a CL qualifying match. worth the watch then but a bit too late for me. Look forward to seeing the recap/highlights tomorrow.

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
We should have played the U7’s to make a statement in the JCS to be fair so our own fault but man do I hate the KNVB.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Why did Ajax let Neres go?

He is doing some mouth watering stuff in his Benfica debut so now I have to hate him.