Eredivisie 2023/2024

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm honestly disappointed it ended "only" 6-0. We could've easily scored 10.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What I meant indeed.. You also.should have gotten a penalty just after the 6-0..
Ah didnt notice your post, but yeah, we kind of switched off after the 6th. Though we still had a few big chances (as did you at the end).

Just an allround clusterfeck of a performance from Ajax though.

Gimenez was equally shite though. Doubt he'll ever make another goal at this point.

Stadjer

Ajax coach getting fired tomorrow
That would be something. He is a club icon (a real Ajacied as they like to call it) and came in to help his club in their time of need. His wife passed away just before he became the manager but he, after discussing it with his wife, decided to become the manager anyway. He wanted to help his club. I believe he also joins in a different role at the end of the season.

I think he will see out the season eventhough he is a terrible manager.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Getting Schipped out? :p
Bravo

That would be something. He is a club icon (a real Ajacied as they like to call it) and came in to help his club in their time of need. His wife passed away just before he became the manager but he, after discussing it with his wife, decided to become the manager anyway. He wanted to help his club. I believe he also joins in a different role at the end of the season.

I think he will see out the season eventhough he is a terrible manager.
You're gonna have to explain that one to me buddy. The way it reads sounds like some 6th sense shit.

Stadjer

Bravo

You're gonna have to explain that one to me buddy. The way it reads sounds like some 6th sense shit.
His wife had cancer and they both knew she wouldnt live much longer. Before she passed away he was asked or in talks for the Ajax job and he talked with his wife about taking the job. She was still alive at that time. No ghosts involved.

He has said in interviews that she, before she passed away, told him to take the job. That it would be good for him because it was a chance that he had to take and sitting at home alone wouldnt be good for him either. It would be good for the mourning process.

Personally i dont think think it is the best option to take such a high pressure job a few weeks after your wife passed away. She passed away at the 10th of october and he officially took the job at the 31th of of october. It is his decision and he talked it through with his wife but personally i wouldnt have taken such a high pressure job at a time like that. But then, i dont feel any need to save Ajax either.

After the loss the Ajax fans waited for the bus to arrive back in Amsterdam to 'demand' an explanation. Someone on Twitter wrote as a comment on a picture of that situation that van't Schip had to bury his wife not too long ago and now he has to apologize and explain himself to 'an ultra' who hides his identity by wearing a black hoodie and scarf and likely is high on cocaine. I think that is a horrible situation that he shouldnt have put himself into.

I think it would very very harsh if Ajax sacked him now. He is a garbage manager but from a human point of view, i dont think you can sack him now. I also dont think that sacking him will make much off a difference anyway. No good manager is going to step in at this point.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
When the seventh (eventually disallowed) was scored I was thinking this is dejavu with March 2023..

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
His wife had cancer and they both knew she wouldnt live much longer. Before she passed away he was asked or in talks for the Ajax job and he talked with his wife about taking the job. She was still alive at that time. No ghosts involved.

He has said in interviews that she, before she passed away, told him to take the job. That it would be good for him because it was a chance that he had to take and sitting at home alone wouldnt be good for him either. It would be good for the mourning process.

Personally i dont think think it is the best option to take such a high pressure job a few weeks after your wife passed away. She passed away at the 10th of october and he officially took the job at the 31th of of october. It is his decision and he talked it through with his wife but personally i wouldnt have taken such a high pressure job at a time like that. But then, i dont feel any need to save Ajax either.

After the loss the Ajax fans waited for the bus to arrive back in Amsterdam to 'demand' an explanation. Someone on Twitter wrote as a comment on a picture of that situation that van't Schip had to bury his wife not too long ago and now he has to apologize and explain himself to 'an ultra' who hides his identity by wearing a black hoodie and scarf and likely is high on cocaine. I think that is a horrible situation that he shouldnt have put himself into.

I think it would very very harsh if Ajax sacked him now. He is a garbage manager but from a human point of view, i dont think you can sack him now. I also dont think that sacking him will make much off a difference anyway. No good manager is going to step in at this point.
Fair enough mate. For what it's worth I agree that sacking him now is probably pointless. Might as well wait till the end of the season like we are doing with eth(who could possibly return to Ajax next season)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Seems a tad severe.

Now if we were talking about Liverpool ...
It's a popular anti-Rotterdam song on the tune of an old song about tulips from Amsterdam. :D

I think it would very very harsh if Ajax sacked him now. He is a garbage manager but from a human point of view, i dont think you can sack him now. I also don't think that sacking him will make much off a difference anyway. No good manager is going to step in at this point.
Even apart from the emotional aspect, there's no point firing Van 't Schip. It's impossible to get a good manager in for the rest of the season and there's nothing much to salvage for a caretaker either. It would make more sense for Ajax to put all their planning efforts into getting a proper new coach and the accompanying transfer strategy for the first day after the final match.

Stadjer

Vitesse received a 18 points deduction and is officially relegated now. Vitesse isnt going to appeal it either.

If only it went that smooth in the Premier League with the Everton and Forest situations :lol:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Vitesse received a 18 points deduction and is officially relegated now. Vitesse isnt going to appeal it either.

If only it went that smooth in the Premier League with the Everton and Forest situations :lol:
-1 points now! They must be setting a record at the end of the season. :drool:

@Renfurm must be devastated.

Renfurm

Supports
N.E.C.
-1 points now! They must be setting a record at the end of the season. :drool:

@Renfurm must be devastated.
It's more meaningful to give them the point deduction next season. Relegation was almost a certainty anyway so this isn't much of a punishment

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It's more meaningful to give them the point deduction next season. Relegation was almost a certainty anyway so this isn't much of a punishment
:lol:

Don't worry, they might yet go bankrupt or lose their license.

(And you're right of course.)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Won the cup. Direct qualification for CL football. Beat Ajax 10-0 over 2 games.

Still, not really that elated with the season.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Van Persie set to be the new manager of SC Heerenveen which will be his first appointment at senior level. Not an easy club to manage.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What, really??

I honestly think Slot could become a great manager internationally, but Liverpool, meh. I guess we do share that song the caf loves so much :wenger:
Also rumors about Slot and Bayern. Don’t know shit about him but anyone but Rangnick.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Carlos Forbs though... I'm sure he was good at City's youth academy, but he might be even worse than our own Yankuba Minteh.
I've just watched the highlights of your 6-0 vs Ajax and he looks sensational. I know this post was 4 months ago but do you not rate him?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I've just watched the highlights of your 6-0 vs Ajax and he looks sensational. I know this post was 4 months ago but do you not rate him?
Minteh might have underwent the fastest development in a single season I've ever witnessed from a player :lol:

He is still very erratic and will have shite performances (like getting 2 yellow cards in the space of 1 minute in the cup final last week), but his innate ability is crazy. He has also only played professional football for over a year so it might be that.

I doubt Newcastle will give him to us for another year. Though I do think that would be best for him.