Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Didnt have much to do, but wasnt great on the goal same as his partner and Young. Most of Arsenal's attacks came down their left side working past Young and Ander tracking back. Dont think Bailly helped them very much as the RCB and player closest to them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was very composed on the ball, passed out well.

Didn’t have too much to do defensively I think. The Viking next to him seemed to sea with most of it.

Rafeeq RSA

Solid performance from Bailly, if he can stay fit we are in for a treat. Well done lad

TsuWave

Bailly-Lindelof has got to be the partnership. If we get a decent pair of fullbacks and an energetic ball winning CM to cover them, we're gonna be solid

Didnt have much to do, but wasnt great on the goal same as his partner and Young. Most of Arsenal's attacks came down their left side working past Young and Ander tracking back. Dont think Bailly helped them very much as the RCB and player closest to them.
That's not really how its supposed to work.

Ekeke

Fantastic tonight. I'll take Bailly at his best over any of our other defenders. Problem is we haven't seen his best in 2 years. Here's to hoping he continues on.
Is 4 clearances, 2 tackles, 0 interceptions, 1 header and 0 blocked shots Bailly at his best? Lindelof clearly took responsibility on a lot of the defending between the 2.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Only made 1 little mistake for their goal but that was peak Bailly today.

Played really composed and no rashness. That’s why he’s a top class centre back. Only a handful of people are better imo.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Is 4 clearances, 2 tackles, 0 interceptions, 1 header and 0 blocked shots Bailly at his best? Lindelof clearly took responsibility on a lot of the defending between the 2.
Lindelof made 5 more clearances and won one more header, yet made one less tackle.

So if youre saying that Lindelof took responsibility on clearances, then I guess you're correct?

Ekeke

Lindelof made 5 more clearances and won one more header, yet made one less tackle.

So if youre saying that Lindelof took responsibility on clearances, then I guess you're correct?
Also blocked 1 more shot. So basically almost twice the defensive actions Bailly made, yes. The vast majority of the defending. Even though Arsenal mostly attacked down the right where Young got a bit overwhelmed, with Ander also tracking back. So there was more to do if Bailly wanted to help

Canagel

He dominated and was ice cool bringing the ball out from the back. Really underrated and annoys me when people say he can't pass.

Devil may care

Good game, he showed excellent composure in tight situations and played the ball out accurately, I really felt him and Linedlof kept Arsenal's strike duo pretty quiet.

el3mel

Away from their goal, he did well overall today with no mistakes I can remember.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Didn't like him this game. He dealt with his side quite poorly. When your fullback is getting double-teamed it is up to the midfielder and defender on that side to help him out. I thought Lindelof was much stronger in clearing the ball as well.

Alemar

Unsurprisingly, that we did relatively well in defence with Baiily starting instead of Jones. Very solid, composed performance for someone without much game time lately. Deserves a start against Burnley

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Unsurprisingly, that we did relatively well in defence with Baiily starting instead of Jones. Very solid, composed performance for someone without much game time lately. Deserves a start against Burnley
Jones looked calamitous even though he was barely in the game. His first involvement was completely misjudging an interception then getting turned, this led to him stumbling and falling on one knee and scrambling to make a recovery run.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Didn't like him this game. He dealt with his side quite poorly. When your fullback is getting double-teamed it is up to the midfielder and defender on that side to help him out. I thought Lindelof was much stronger in clearing the ball as well.
I mean, if you have men to mark (which he often did) you can't just go charging over to the right hand side... Young, Herrera and Lingard (2nd half) generally dealt with it all anyway.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Has electric pace and is as strong as a Ox. The potential he has is huge. With Bailly at the back, speedsters like Aubameyang don't pose as big of a threat.

Hopefully Ole could get the consistent performances that he's capable of. The potential is enormous with Bailly and on form he's our best CB IMO..

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I mean, if you have men to mark (which he often did) you can't just go charging over to the right hand side... Young, Herrera and Lingard (2nd half) generally dealt with it all anyway.
I thought he dealt with Ramsey quite poorly when he made runs there, he never looked comfortable dealing with him when he got through (which happened quite a few times). Yes the players in front of him should not have let him through, but centre backs are relied upon to handle stray runners.

Of course I understand that our right side was getting bombarded and he had a tough job there. I still think he can succeed here, his physical side is amazing and the only thing he needs is a bit of composure. He is still young for a centre back.

kidbob

Played well but regardless of allegiance a fit Jones is still the better defender. All I hope for Bailly is that he can stay fit and finally get the chance to develop. Currently I'm starting to think that Tuanzebe next to Lindelof is our best CB pairing.

Edit: he can't head the ball like Jones, he is nowhere near him on positioning and actual one on one defending. He's sometimes a better ball player. Bailly has all the attributes to be great but ain't a patch on Jones at the moment. He even has the same mistakes that Jones does in him except nowhere near the upside. I hope he progresses but Axel is much younger and way more talented.

Bola

Lived his composure on the ball tonight

Can't remember the minute (around 70?) Where he dribbled under pressure in our right corner and passed the ball out nicely. Great stuff, but my words can't do it justice

Irrational.

Excellent tonight, but I feel we lose Lindelof's excellent passing when he plays as Victor has to move to LCB to accommodate him.

For me it has to be Lindelof OR Bailly + a new LCB.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not too shabby. Perhaps steady form will come when he'll get less suspensions/injuries.

24 and obviously wanting too stay. Still got time to make it as complete defender.

sherrinford

No sign of the rashness that he’s displayed previously and very good on the ball tonight. Positionally awful though. Arsenal continually overloaded the right flank and he just would not come across and close the gap between himself and Young, which was our main issue throughout the game.

Fosu-Mens

Most of us thinks he is world class in one moment, then Jones-esque brain hemorrage the next. It is not that he is underrated, but that he is not consistent.
Unpredictable attacking players can be an asset for you, unpredictable defenders are not.
When he is performing, there are very few(VVD and Silva) that i would want in the middle of our defense instead of him.

Sylar

There was one moment In the second half where he was facing his own goal under pressure with the ball, managed to turn face and then ran out with the ball and passed it calmly

Good asset when under pressure to get us going on attack

sherrinford

There was one moment In the second half where he was facing his own goal under pressure with the ball, managed to turn face and then ran out with the ball and passed it calmly

Good asset when under pressure to get us going on attack
He put himself under pressure in that moment by not giving the ball to Young earlier, when he should have. He then did well to get out of that situation, but he put himself in trouble unnecessarily.

Sylar

He put himself under pressure in that moment by not giving the ball to Young earlier, when he should have. He then did well to get out of that situation, but he put himself in trouble unnecessarily.
Need to see it again but I'm certain if he did young would have had to boot if up top from out wide or return it back to Bailly

However do think he's good on the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.