Manchester United
Contract until: 30.06.2020
Contract option: Club option 2 years

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Bailly is what I imagine William Prunier would’ve been like if we’d signed him full time. If Titus Bramble and Marcos Rojo had a baby, it’d be called Eric Bailly. With Phil “treatment room” Jones thrown in as an uncle for good measure. If there was a world record for jumping as high as possible, while somehow still getting your head closer to the ground than when you started, Eric Bailly would hold it. If you pick him in FM, you have to instruct him to “always stay on his feet” and “go easy” on tackles. Yet, he still gets sent off in every key moment. I imagine when Eric drives home he's as smooth as butter around the first couple of bends, then inexplicably loses control on an easy straight and veers into oncoming traffic, causing mass chaos. If he was a song, he'd be Bohemian Rhapsody from an alternate universe where Queen aren't famous. If he was a food, he'd be random jalapenos added to a dish that doesn't need jalapenos, indiscriminately infuriating diners. If Eric Bailly was a computer game, he'd be every defender on FIFA being controlled by an angry 11 year old, with ADHD, who's trying to overcome the switch from legacy to tactical defending for the first time. Bailly gets injured so often, Phil Jones gave him fitness tips.

I have high hopes for the coming season.

Last edited:

binary bot
Bailly is what I imagine William Prunier would’ve been like if we’d signed him full time. If Titus Bramble and Marcos Rojo had a baby, it’d be called Eric Bailly. With Phil “treatment room” Jones thrown in as an uncle for good measure. If there was a world record for jumping as high as possible, while somehow still getting your head closer to the ground than when you started, Eric Bailly would hold it. If you pick him in FM, you have to instruct him to “always stay on his feet” and “go easy” on tackles. Yet, he still gets sent off in every key moment. I imagine when Eric drives home he's as smooth as butter around the first couple of bends, then inexplicably loses control on an easy straight and veers into oncoming traffic, causing mass chaos. If he was a song, he'd be Bohemian Rhapsody from an alternate universe where Queen aren't famous. If he was a food, he'd be random jalapenos added to a dish that doesn't need jalapenos, indiscriminately infuriating diners. If Eric Bailly was a computer game, he'd be every defender on FIFA being controlled by an angry 11 year old, with ADHD, who's trying to overcome the switch from legacy to tactical defending for the first time. Bailly gets injured so often, Phil Jones gave him fitness tips.

:lol:

Stadjer

:lol::lol:

OleGunnar20

Thanks you for this :lol:

Oldyella

Fantastic!

Varun

Staff

Bloody hell :lol:

dev1l

Shall we assume that he s not your favourite player? :))

JK-27

We should get rid, I've never seen a player in over 40 years of watching football mentally lose it as bad as he did in that Brighton game. He was just lost, the lights were on but nobody was home. You can't have that at professional level and we definitely can't have that at our club. He's never recovered from that and I doubt he ever will.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Canagel

:lol: OMG

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

:lol::lol: Made my day

El-Manos

Get him fit and playing consistently and he’ll end up being a very good defender. Problem is, he can’t stay fit. The curse continues.

el3mel

Shame how this signing ended out to be. Thought at his first season we secured our CB with a pretty solid defender. Now he's more shite than good.

haram

Might be the most overrated defender to have played for this club.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It seems he's the new scapegoat. I thought he played well in the first half? made loads of blocks / interceptions that came from Rojos side.

He was making plenty of forward passes also, although a few were a bit wayward.

He is a bit reckless at times which makes him liable to a mistake, but 9/10 he's solid. Think he's a bit unfairly judged at times.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It seems he's the new scapegoat. I thought he played well in the first half? made loads of blocks / interceptions that came from Rojos side.

He is a bit reckless at times which makes him liable to a mistake, but 9/10 he's solid. Think he's a bit unfairly judged at times.
Yeah I'd agree with this. Looked fine yesterday. One or two wonky moments but otherwise good.

Andersons Dietician

Pulled out of position too many times yesterday and way too easily. The guy can tackle and block and will put his body on the line but his lack of experience or just using his brain to realise when he can and can’t go let’s him down massively.

acnumber9

Think he's a bit unfairly judged at times.
He was unfairly judged for a long time. But not in a negative way. You’ve still got people adamant he’s our best defender. He’s lucky Rojo is there or he’d comfortably be the worst.

arthurka

There is a reason why he is always flying in, it´s normally because he is out of position or has zero anticipation. His passing is all over the place and he seems to lack a general understanding of defending, holding a line and keeping it tight. Plus he is terrible in the air. What is in his highlight reel is generally last ditch defending.

I am not talking about yesterdays performance it´s his general performance for us.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

:lol: Please do this for other players. People waste too much time on here sounding pretentious when describing players

Denis79

He looks like such a natural defender, hope he stays fit. I know many don't like him but I'm a fan.

Bobski

He is our best defender for about 20 mins when fit, looks fantastic, then the brainfart will happen and he will kung-fu kick randomly.

He is the opposite of Jones in many ways. Jones is actually a pretty good defender, will play well for 4-5 games then make a mistake and get injured and the only thing people remember is the mistake. With Eric it is how good he looks before the erratic body movements and injuries happen that is recalled.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Pulled out of position too many times yesterday and way too easily. The guy can tackle and block and will put his body on the line but his lack of experience or just using his brain to realise when he can and can’t go let’s him down massively.
Yes, thats the thing with him. I wonder if he'll ever learn. He can be an absolute monster in some games where he has space to work in, but if you play with someone technical and smart in the hole against him he gets caught out so much that he just can't play those games. It is a shame really, because with his physicality and pace he has an edge over many big defenders and should be able to bully the small technical players like no other, but his brain lets him down sadly.

dev1l

Yes, thats the thing with him. I wonder if he'll ever learn. He can be an absolute monster in some games where he has space to work in, but if you play with someone technical and smart in the hole against him he gets caught out so much that he just can't play those games. It is a shame really, because with his physicality and pace he has an edge over many big defenders and should be able to bully the small technical players like no other, but his brain lets him down sadly.
For him, It s very difficult to learn new things and improve when he s injured most of the time.
That's why the best thing for both player and us is for him to move on.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
For him, It s very difficult to learn new things and improve when he s injured most of the time.
That's why the best thing for both player and us is for him to move on.
He has been injured a lot and I'm not opposed to him moving on, but if he can stay injury free there is still hope. At least blind faith:lol: He is still young too.

jackal&hyde

If only he could stay fit
Yeah. I rate him much higher then Smalling and Jones. Hope he stays fit and we have a good player on our hands. If all goes well this time next year we get rid of Smalling and or Jones.

Rossa

When he came on for Tuanzebe, I noticed a couple of things. He's even more athletic than Tuanzebe with an acceleration unheard of for a CB, but he also made Tuanzebe look like the seasoned pro and Bailly the young and upcoming. He has great potential, but he needs to be calmer when defending. With the ball, he can almost be too relaxed.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don’t rate this player and would be happy if he were sold. He inspires no confidence, to me. Even when he’s playing well, he inspires no calmness or confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.