Eric Bailly image 3

Eric Bailly Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

redom

The enigma that is Eric Bailly, let's see if ETH can unlock his latent super powers.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
The curious case of Bailly,Baresi one Minute,Bramble the next. Had a bery good Game though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've always been Bailly Bias - but I genuinely think he suits ETH's football the most. He is rapid, carries the ball forwards well and is great at beating a press. His ground passing is pretty solid too.

We chased Timber but Bailly is just as good. He just needs to keep his concentration levels up for a full match.

His setup for Pellestris goal today was just magestic. If VVD had done that it would be all over the news for ages.

Walters_19_MuFc

Bailly in an ideal world is probably ten Hag's type of defender. Front foot, aggressive, decent on the ball. Unfortunately, he's not reliable, but everytime he plays, he seems to be a one man defence, and today was the same. Beast mode from Bailly.

devips

Had Ole chosen Bailley in stead of Maguire when the latter just came back from injury last year, our whole season would have been radically different.

arthurka

All over the place Bailly looked like a prime Maldini. Never a dull day with him in your team, the sad part is you never know what you will get. Great outing today though.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I've always been Bailly Bias - but I genuinely think he suits ETH's football the most. He is rapid, carries the ball forwards well and is great at beating a press. His ground passing is pretty solid too.

We chased Timber but Bailly is just as good. He just needs to keep his concentration levels up for a full match.

His setup for Pellestris goal today was just magestic. If VVD had done that it would be all over the news for ages.
I think he‘s always had his admirers on the Caf, his problem has been fitness for the longest time.

It’s the main downside of the guy. People who say he’s shit technically or a worse defender don’t know football, but you simply can’t rely on a guy who’s injury history is as bad as his as much as I want to
There’s two downsides, he can literally look like the best centre back in the World for a handful of games, then one mistake tends to turn him into a mess for an unforeseen amount of time, sometimes just the rest of the game, sometimes for a spell of matches.
At any point, in his good, or bad spells he can pick up an injury, and he’ll be gone again for a month or two.

He’d be an absolute nightmare to rely upon, which is likely why there hasn’t been many buyers despite his obvious ability.

I laughed the other day at the Fulham loan rumour, why on Earth would he ever go there?

TsuWave

Oi, the guy broke up an attack, started a counter, beat a man with a step-over and ran all the way to the opposition's box to provide an extra body. feck all the noise you guys talk about, I never seen Nesta do that.

Andersonson

Is that time of year again? Where we blindly praise Bailly and hype him up as a very good CB?

In November we're calling for him to be sold after some abmysal performances.

Then repeat

Bobski

His top level is best in the world stuff, quick aggressive, good on the ball, not intimdated by anyone. Such a bizarre player, the next game he can be conference level and look barely interested.

Tremendously fun to watch when on his game.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His issue has never been fitness alone (although fitness is the biggest issue). He’s also prone to catastrophic brain farts. He had one today where a heavy touch under no pressure gifted Salah the ball on the edge of our box. Classic Eric to intercept the subsequent cross with an insanely athletic stretch of his leg.

Teja

He's way better than guys like Timber if he manages to stay fit.

A-man

He has many good things and showed them today, but one major disadvantage is his poor positioning.

LouderwithBowser

Supports
NAC
I think he can be very good , but hes unreliable (injuries , occasional slipups) and i do not agree that hes better than Timber.

Dan_F

Let’s not do this to ourselves for the sixth season in a row. He’s going to get injured at some point early on and not be seen again until the league cup second round.

DutchCruijff

Martinez, Varane, Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly and Jones isn't sustainable.

2 of them would need to go. Bailly and Jones, I'm afraid.

Adam-Utd

He has many good things and showed them today, but one major disadvantage is his poor positioning.
sure, sometimes it can be. playing a high defensive line with good pressing will help negate that though.

A-man

sure, sometimes it can be. playing a high defensive line with good pressing will help negate that though.
It was a comment to you saying he’s perfect for ETH football and as good as Timber. He has some attributes that fit bit lacks other. From what I’ve seen from ETH is that his football is demanding in terms of positioning, and it’s one of Bailly’s weaknesses imo.

Chief123

He is bat shit crazy! He's great to play with on FIFA....horrible to have in your team. He'll either be a briliant or brain dead.

Foxbatt

He is bat shit crazy! He's great to play with on FIFA....horrible to have in your team. He'll either be a briliant or brain dead.
He was all of it in one move. He gave away the ball in our own box and that acrobatic leap to toe poke it in the air.

userman

Bailly at his finest today, showing how good he is on his day.
Hopefully a match that has caught the eyes of some suitors and we manage to sell him.

florisW

Supports
Ajax
Oi, the guy broke up an attack, started a counter, beat a man with a step-over and ran all the way to the opposition's box to provide an extra body. feck all the noise you guys talk about, I never seen Nesta do that.
With all due respect Timber does that 9 out of 10 games

stevoc

Yep but the guys 28 so if he hasn't developed that attribute at this stage it's unlikely he ever will.

Adam-Utd

Yep but the guys 28 so if he hasn't developed that attribute at this stage it's unlikely he ever will.
He's shown he's capable of stringing performances together no problem, but then injuries derail that.

Anyway, we shall see. As you say things will unlikely change but maybe if a manager truly puts their faith in him things could change.

C'est Moi Cantona

He's an asset, so if we do sell him then we need to be getting a good fee, not some desperation deal to just get him out of the club as some were so keen to do.

Personally I'd like to keep him for this season, unlikely as it is, a well coached and fully fit Varane and Bailly partnership could be something special.

Tavern in the town

He's an asset, so if we do sell him then we need to be getting a good fee, not some desperation deal to just get him out of the club as some were so keen to do.

Personally I'd like to keep him for this season, unlikely as it is, a well coached and fully fit Varane and Bailly partnership could be something special.
The stars would truly have to align for those 2 sick notes to be fully fit at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.