Eric Bailly image 3

Eric Bailly Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

The issue with Bailly is that when he does have a bad game he tends to destroy any type of defensive cohesion in our defence. His own teammates have no idea what he's going to do next, and it just causes immense chaos.

The rest of them can be having shocking games, but they won't normally be causing as many problems to the other defenders around them. Key word there being 'normally'; Maguire certainly had a few last season where he was.
I disagree, even with the "normally" qualifier. I've seen both Maguire and Lindelof destroy any defensive cohesion multiple times. Hell, I've seen Bailly carry and bail out Maguire too

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I find it weird that the player that didn't have a part in last season's shit show somehow gets labeled all kinds of things that are more applicable to other players.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Bailly's poor performances have been overstated for a while. Maybe it's because he has moments where it feels like he could mortal kombat a teammate or opponent.

La Pioche

Wonder if we could try him as RB? He is fast and good on the ball. Thoughts?

Stadjer

Not counting on him for next season. More gifted than Maguire in pure talent as a defender and as an athlete but i can understand why every manager has picked Maguire over him. Too many injuries. His errors or ''brainfarts'' dont really matter since Maguire made a lot of those too last season.

Bailly at his very best is a fun defender to watch though. Very agressive, fast and can play with the ball a bit too.

Jacob

It's been clear forever that we need to bin him. Severe issues with concentration.

Brophs

The One and Only
If Pereira is the pre season Pirlo then Bailly is the back to work Baresi.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Bailly shows glimpses of quality but he has mistakes in him aswell! So annoying.

IhabX7

Every player makes mistakes. Bailly is simply a better player than both Maguire and Lindelof.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ten Hag might be reminded of Timber when watching Bailly. I don't seewhy he wouldn't want to keep him if he's only judging players with this preseason

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bailly's got all the gifts as a defender. Although you can guarantee he will make a horrible error every time he plays. Even today we've seen that.

Its a shame because, for the system we are trying to play, someone with Bailly's recovery pace and athleticism is required. He does so many good things but you just know that he'll have a brain fart. Doesn't matter in a preseason game but in the Premier League, with three points on the line, would you bet on him? I wouldn't, which is a shame.

Someone

Something
I feel that if Bailly plays every game in a season, he'll have the occasional brain fart, but all in all we'd be getting and overall performance better than what Maguire would give us. That's assuming he could stay fit.

Our best defender for 89 minutes of every game. Not sure ETH will trust him or think he can fix him.

AJ VII

This guy just makes me so sad and frustrated.

He has all the abilities to be an amazing defender. His ability to read and intercept passes when his brain is turned on is so good, he also has the physical abilities that none bar maybe Varane has of our centerbacks. I dont think Melbourne would have scored that goal if he was in Maguires place. And the way he brings the ball through lines creates so many chances for us.

But he unfortunately has two or three huge flaws that makes it impossible for him to be a starter for a top team. His consentration lapses makes it look like he is bipolar, his injury trouble prevent him to be relied opon. And his timing in the air or technique for headers is off which is unfortunate.

Sylar

Its the concentration thing that holds him back. You can see the mistakes come from him either underestimating the opposition or just being lax. He seems to do that more against poorer opposition

jamesjimmybyrondean

Its the concentration thing that holds him back. You can see the mistakes come from him either underestimating the opposition or just being lax. He seems to do that more against poorer opposition
He's a confident player but sometimes too confident

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His runs forward are deadly, two matches in a row !

Loveable plonker, just not sure defender should have so many random moments during the game.

Skills

Snitch
It's mad how good is he at breaking through the middle of the pitch. Reminds me a bit of David Luiz

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Amazing and liability in the same game. Get good money for him.

Skills

Snitch
I'd say it's the injuries. When he plays, I don't think he makes mistakes any more frequently than our other defenders.

Also because he's so proactive with his defending his errors might be more obvious, rather than defenders who passively do nothing. Hes a good defender. Just can't stay fit.

Sylar

He's a confident player but sometimes too confident
Which isnt a bad thing when hes not the last man. when he steps forward with the ball to make an extra player (as we saw with Rashfords goal) it works. For a high line, he probably is the best player we have.

The problem is consistency and we havent seen it yet where you expect him to put ten games (at least) in a row where he doesnt get injured or sent off or something similar. If he could do that, that would be a huge bonus to the way we want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.