Eric Bailly | BBC say signing is imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilev

I don't really get this transfer, he is almost a copy of Smallig from what i've seen. Also i don't think he is an option for a RB, well, he can play there as a cover, but in a way Jones, Smalling played there.

Zoo

Castles also says that Mourinho wants another experienced CB.

Last edited:

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Initial fee of €35m? Ffs could be even more so depending on appearances. Someone was saying €30m total earlier in the thread, just seems a lot when you have Mats Hummel's going for half that fee and is already World Class and in his prime years.

Even with Mourinho's reputation, I realise we have to pay extra to convince players that are going to play Champion's League next season, to join us instead, but this seems too much for potential.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Initial fee of €35m? Ffs could be even more so depending on appearances. Someone was saying €30m total earlier in the thread, just seems a lot when you have Mats Hummel's going for half that fee and is already World Class and in his prime years.

Even with Mourinho's reputation, I realise we have to pay extra to convince players that are going to play Champion's League next season, to join us instead, but this seems too much for potential.
Why believe the 35m and not the 30m information?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

Add on fees if they are paid means the player is doing well

So that would be a good thing

Zoo

Yeah 5M euros more in add ons.

40M euros total fee, which is widely reported.

PvsNP

Castles also says that Mourinho wants another experienced CB.
Some interesting stuff in that:

- Mourinho has prioritised the purchase of a top-level center back, central midfield and center forward. Negotiations with Zlatan Ibrahimovic are ongoing, with Mourinho only prepared to take the Sweden international if he and agent Mino Raiola reduce their financial demands to sign as a free agent from Paris Saint-Germain.

- The new Old Trafford manager is also focusing his efforts on clearing space and salary from Van Gaal's squad. Juan Mata – United's record signing upon his recruitment from Mourinho's Chelsea in January 2014 - is the most prominent of a number of post-Sir Alex Ferguson era signings, the Portuguese plans to sell elsewhere.

- Mourinho added to his technical staff on Sunday, bringing Ricardo Formosinho in as his senior technical scout. According to Portuguese daily Record, Formosinho will aid Mourinho with player recruitment and tactical analysis of United's opponents. The 59-year-old previously coached with Mourinho at FC Porto and was part of his scouting department at Real Madrid.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Matts Hummells doesn't want to leave Germany and wanted to play for Munich.

The price a player goes for when he doesn't want to leave the country and only wants to sign for one other club is pretty much irrelevant.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This signing doesn't make sense. From his vids (I know its not going by a lot) and the poster's review it appears he's very raw. His stats aren't that pleasing and his cons remind me of Mangala.

Bojan11

This signing doesn't make sense. From his vids (I know its not going by a lot) and the poster's review it appears he's very raw. His stats aren't that pleasing and his cons remind me of Mangala.
What you mean doesn't make sense?

He is a young CB, who is going to get better and Mourinho is also looking for a experienced defender. So what part doesn't make sense?

Natener

Hummel had one year left on his Dortmund contract.

PvsNP

Mourinho rates the kid, just like Varane and Zouma. That's reassuring.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
We paid the same amount for rio (maybe more) at a similar age 14 years ago!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Says 40m total.

Norris

Someone on here before said he reckoned Mou would like Young on the right. I'm starting to worry it might be true. :nervous:
:nervous:.

He always favoured an imbalanced team didn't he with the right side being more defensive minded than the left ? (Was the case at Chelsea and Madrid atleast) So I can understand the mentions of Young, but just hope to God it isn't true. Imagine Zlatan having to be supplied by Ashley "Won't look up" Young!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mourinho rates the kid, just like Varane and Zouma. That's reassuring.
Yeah thats the only thing going for it imo.

What you mean doesn't make sense?

He is a young CB, who is going to get better and Mourinho is also looking for a experienced defender. So what part doesn't make sense?
How do you know?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's raw but he's got fantastic potential and has been showing it at Villarreal. Forget stats ffs, they're a guide but don't tell the whole picture. It makes perfect sense to me, young, strong, athletic, enjoys tackling and doesn't shy away in games. Ready made for the PL.

Red_toad

Why on earth would the club offer a higher fee due to no champions league football?
Wages to the player, yes I could understand, but fee to the selling club, that the player gets no part of?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's raw but he's got fantastic potential and has been showing it at Villarreal. Forget stats ffs, they're a guide but don't tell the whole picture. It makes perfect sense to me, young, strong, athletic, enjoys tackling and doesn't shy away in games. Ready made for the PL.
I'm certain we said the same for Mangala when he was linked with us (before City nabbed him)

snk123

We always overpay - so please leave the price out of it and wrap this up before another club swoops in - like what's been happening to us for the past few years.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
So because its a different time of year its impossible for them sequence of results or similar to be repeated, especially because we are missing, what we'd all hope to be a top defender?
What's the use in having a squad of players if the loss of one for a maximum of 5/6 games is enough to derail an entire season?
Injuries happen more frequently and take out more players for longer periods of time.

Ole90+3

It will come down to how willing he is to learn from the coaches here and generally how smart he is on the pitch.

He has all the raw material to be a good defender. Needs to develop his positioning and decision making, which can be done with good coaching.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I'm certain we said the same for Mangala when he was linked with us (before City nabbed him)
Also you have to remember Mangala was in the Portuguese league when he was snapped up by City. At least with Bailly hes playing in one of the top leagues in the World. Looks very raw to me and needs a lot of work but I'm hoping to be proved wrong.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Hummels went for €15m?

murphs_law

What's the use in having a squad of players if the loss of one for a maximum of 5/6 games is enough to derail an entire season?
Injuries happen more frequently and take out more players for longer periods of time.
Injuries can't be avoided in football, this is something that can.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
While I don't agree with all our reported targets it is nice to see that we are getting our business done swiftly and early in the summer.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Injuries can't be avoided in football, this is something that can.
It's an international competition. Not some pointless friendly.
If they wanted to 'avoid' representing their country they would drop out.
They choose not to because they're proud to take part as they should.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
We always overpay - so please leave the price out of it and wrap this up before another club swoops in - like what's been happening to us for the past few years.
Like who? Pedro? Seems it worked out good for us on that front. Mangala and Otamendi another couple of players I'm glad we don't have.

Renato Sanches maybe the only real one. Fabregas had one good season for Chelsea and LVG didn't actually want him (apparently), same with Kroos. But I doubt Kroos would have picked us over Madrid anyway.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He looks a very complete footballer going by the clips. Fast, strong, strong tackler and even fairly skillful on the ball. Got a good initial clueless feeling about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.