Eric Bailly - English players were favoured

Status
Not open for further replies.

norm87cro

On another note Ill be honest. They dont have to be english but I would be very sad if there was a day when United didnt start at least 3 british+irish players in their first 11. What is the point of supporting a team with no identity?
I have nothing against top quality foreign players but surley a few british guys would do the same (or even better) job as the likes of Fred, Lindelof and even poor old Bailly?

Hughes35

Jesus. Absolutely horrific "Tackle".

Such a weird player. All the talent, but can't stay fit and is just a nut case. Imagine Varane making a stupid lunge like that?

krazyrobus

The madlad strikes again. Playing him was such a lottery, you get brilliant defence one play then braindead defence the next one.

A-man

On another note Ill be honest. They dont have to be english but I would be very sad if there was a day when United didnt start at least 3 british+irish players in their first 11. What is the point of supporting a team with no identity?
I have nothing against top quality foreign players but surley a few british guys would do the same (or even better) job as the likes of Fred, Lindelof and even poor old Bailly?
I understand what you mean, but we are already there, aren’t we?
Shaw and Rashford are the only British starters atm and both are always close to the next injury.

Of course British guys can do the same job, but there are not som many British players to chose from and in general foreign players are cheaper.

poleglass red

He is tbh, or certainly could be. he's just also nuts and can't stay healthy in any case.
he's 28 he'd need to get a move on, as you say injuries are an issue for him, but probably more so is consistency, not just from game to game but over 90 mins. He could go from the ridiculous to the sublime in the same half.

Bebe

he's 28 he'd need to get a move on, as you say injuries are an issue for him, but probably more so is consistency, not just from game to game but over 90 mins. He could go from the ridiculous to the sublime in the same half.
Yeah, I dont think he'll ever actually do so at this point. Just lamenting the potential that I think was there.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I understand what you mean, but we are already there, aren’t we?
Shaw and Rashford are the only British starters atm and both are always close to the next injury.

Of course British guys can do the same job, but there are not som many British players to chose from and in general foreign players are cheaper.
I guess theoretically Sancho might be a starter if he ever comes back but it's a very theoretical concept at the moment. Also Maguire is our captain! :lol:

Pintu

Ah I see. So we will need them to finish second or finish 3rd and qualify into the groups.

Seems a bit of a reach, he will most likely be back here.
If the winner of the Europa League is already qualified for the CL via league position, then the 3d of Ligue 1 takes the vacant spot in CL group stage and doesn’t need to play the qualifiers… It’s not happened the last 2 years with Villarreal and Frankfurt, but that’s not very common. It’s usually teams already in the CL that win the EL… The favourites of this year’s edition are right now Arsenal, Barcelona, United and Juventus (all 4 are in CL-spots in their respective leagues currently).

Last edited:

Get In Scholesy

If the winner of the Europa League is already qualified for the CL via league position, then the 3d of Ligue takes the vacant spot in CL group stage and doesn’t need to play the qualifiers… It’s not happened the last 2 years with Villarreal and Frankfurt, but that’s not very common. It’s usually teams already in the CL that win the EL… The favourites of this year’s edition are right now Arsenal, Barcelona, United and Juventus (all 4 are in CL-spots in their respective leagues currently).
Ah thanks for that. Very interesting.

The things we have to hope for to get this plonker off our books.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Man this guy.
Either world class fully focused prime CB or braindead, no inbetween

A-man

I guess theoretically Sancho might be a starter if he ever comes back but it's a very theoretical concept at the moment. Also Maguire is our captain! :lol:
Theoretically you are right :)
In reality, the only two left as starters are two very injury prone players so I wouldn’t be surprised if we get to see one a starting xi with no brits in near future…

Jericho

Putting aside his injuries, he has all of the athleticism and none of the football intelligence. The best defenders have shown that the latter is usually the more important.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Loved how he could man-mark prime R9 out of a game, then bicycle kicks a clearance against the head of his keeper the next minute.

Frank White

Theoretically you are right :)
In reality, the only two left as starters are two very injury prone players so I wouldn’t be surprised if we get to see one a starting xi with no brits in near future…
Rashford is injury prone?

cyril C

Qualifying for the Champions league yes, but it's probably not great for Marseilles that they'll have to fork out money for a player like Bailly.
I think Bailly will do just fine in France, or in Holland, Italy. In fact he might even be OK playing in La Liga at some mid-level club, he just can't handle the EPL intensity. Take VDB as example, who was dictating game in Holland, but have no clue in EPL.

stevoc

I think Bailly will do just fine in France, or in Holland, Italy. In fact he might even be OK playing in La Liga at some mid-level club, he just can't handle the EPL intensity. Take VDB as example, who was dictating game in Holland, but have no clue in EPL.
He's been playing in france for 6 months and only managed 6 games, presumably due to injury/poor form. And when he does play drspite being 28 he's still doing reckless shit like kung fu kicking opponents in the chest.

So while it's early doors in his French career it's looking like the league he plays in isn't Eric's problem. Eric's biggest problem is himself.

SlimDizzle075

he was brilliant 10% of the time, injured 50% of the time, and horrendous the rest. the fact that he thinks he ever did anything outside of his first month at the club that warranted him more minutes then he got is beyond me.

crossy1686

career ending
he was brilliant 10% of the time, injured 50% of the time, and horrendous the rest. the fact that he thinks he ever did anything outside of his first month at the club that warranted him more minutes then he got is beyond me.
This is a stretch at it's very best, more like 10% of 10% of games.

poleglass red

still trying to work out why he was so poor in the air. Normally those who are poor in the air, are either week or not brave, he was neither of those but absolutely woeful in the air.

BlueHaze

You look at that closely and only conclusion you can come to is that he is intentionally out to hurt him. No one goes after a ball in that way with that force with the foot pointing in that direction without malicious intent.

Absolute idiot.

BlueHaze

7 games seems harsh? It's a shite challenge obviously, but I don't think the punishment fits the crime.
Harsh!!?? He should have gotten at least 10. He sent the guy to intensive care!!

Status
Not open for further replies.