Eric Bailly | Manchester United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Blind showed it isn't always about being tall and heavy. Using your body correctly and timing of the challenge is so much more important. Of course having power behind you always helps, but from the videos he's certainly got that. I like his aggressiveness too.
You can tell Blind is a very clever footballer though, and he benefited from big Chris beside him. I did see him get ragdolled by the likes Lukaku and even Troy Deeney this season though, knew Mourinho wouldn't accept that in a centre back, they have to be able to bully the opposition.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Sounds like he's another Jones in terms of playing style. Hopefully without the injuries.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Ronaldo is shorter and heavier (80-83kg) whichever you believe. He plays a position that weight isn't as much as an advantage as for a centre back too. Bailly is still a young lad though and may naturally fill out over the next few years, hopefully putting on 10kg-12kg to help him cope with the physical nature of the Prem.
We don't need WWE wrestler types in our team. We need athletes with a good footballing brain.
77KG is more than enough to be a top defender. How heavy is J.Terry? Rio was/is skinny, too.
What I liked about Rio is his footballing brain. Yes, he was fast (athletic), but he could read the game very well.

For those fans who like the bodybuilder types - Memphis is just that, but all that muscle has compromised his athleticism.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Nice. To be honest i have never heard of him befor last week.
Same. I'm still trying to figure out how an Ivorian ends up with a name like Eric Bailly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bailly, Bailly, give me your answer do. Were half crazy all for the tackles you do :drool:

FriendlyJuve

Supports
Juventus
I'm a bit skeptical but he played a good second half season with Villareal, and he's way more talented than Mangala. So I think he's a good signing.

FriendlyJuve

Supports
Juventus
First signing under Mourinho is tall, quick, strong and athletic. Prepare for more of the same.
Build a strong defense and then build up the rest of the team. I don't think we'll keep on buying tall, quick, strong and athletic players as for midfielders and so forth.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Refreshing to see this Bayern like ruthlessness in transfers. It was only a few days ago it was rumoured and he's already in the shirt!
To be honest I have no idea if he's any good or not. He's only young but he sounds like exactly what Mourinho likes in a player.
DDG, Darmian/Valencia, Smalling/Jones (when fit), Bailly/Rojo,Shaw (when fit)/Blind sounds pretty good to me.
Thank God this obsession over Stones that Mourinho was meant to have was just paper talk.

DOTA

Build a strong defense and then build up the rest of the team. I don't think we'll keep on buying tall, quick, strong and athletic players as for midfielders and so forth.
You support United as well as Juve then?

babsk

Will be interesting to see Jose playing a high line seeing the rapid pace of a back 4 of Shaw.Smalling,Bailly and Valencia (Dave's no slowpoke either!)

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
A lot of people over the moon about us signing him.

Not gonna lie, don't really know much about him..

Why such hype etc?
No one here knows shit about him. Everyone is excited we are getting a defender and that we are doing our business quick and early. Thats it.

Geordopolous

I've been dying to sign him since my days of hanging out with my mate, King David.

Everyone thinks he said "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil."

What he actually said was: "Yeah though, ah watched a youtube walkthrough ah Bailly of El Stadio Madrigal, eeeeee well fierce anarrrl"

(David was a Geordie)
Stick to your day job

DOTA

Yes, I've grown up with some epic clashes between Juve and United in the 90s. If I use 'we', I mean 'we United supporters'.
Okay. Sadly not much chance of another of those, this year, unless Juve make a mess of the group stages and end up in the Europa...

KranjskaKlobasa

Isn't he a bit too young to be a "Mourinho signing" ? I hope that this indicates Blind is going back to squad player status on full-back and/or midfield positions.

ash_86

Have no idea who this guy is, but love the fact that it was wrapped up without a saga. Through and through a Mou Signing in every aspect.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
We don't need WWE wrestler types in our team. We need athletes with a good footballing brain.
77KG is more than enough to be a top defender. How heavy is J.Terry? Rio was/is skinny, too.
What I liked about Rio is his footballing brain. Yes, he was fast (athletic), but he could read the game very well.

For those fans who like the bodybuilder types - Memphis is just that, but all that muscle has compromised his athleticism.
I'm not sure of their weights at 22 years of age but in their prime playing years John Terry was around 90kg and Rio around 88kg. That's where I suggest Bailly be aiming for with a strength and conditioning programme and diet tailored to his needs.

Ainu

I had never heard of him but I'm glad we're getting some business done quickly. A central defender was a priority, so nice one.

LucaIsRed

Damn you Woodward! I'm being completely roasted in chat because of that Torres mistake.
But anyways, he should be a solid signing for us. I think Woodward's negotiation skills have dropped though 30M!

Madan Mohan Reddy Paluru

Welcome to mufc ERIC. Good signing and he looks tall fast and well suited to PL. Good signing first on from mourinho. On to sorting out our midfield and attack now.

DOTA

Isn't he a bit too young to be a "Mourinho signing" ? I hope that this indicates Blind is going back to squad player status on full-back and/or midfield positions.
I'm guessing Blind will play when we want experience and Bailly when we want strength.

I am rather fond of the idea of Blind becoming our new O'Shea and getting plenty of games playing 11 different positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.