g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Eric Bailly | Manchester United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Has signed a 4-year contract with the option of extending that deal by another 2 years.

Bailly said: "It is a dream come true to be joining Manchester United. To play football at the highest level is all I have ever wanted to do.

"I want to progress to be the best that I can be and I believe working with Jose Mourinho will help me develop in the right way and at the right club. I am looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and to starting this new chapter of my life."

Mourinho said: "Eric is a young central defender with great natural talent. He has progressed well to date and has the potential to become one of the best around.

"We look forward to working with him to help nurture that raw talent and fulfil his potential. Eric is at the right club to continue his development."

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great! Make more signings :drool:

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Good signing. I've been saying we should sign this lad for the past few words of this post now.

Raw

Literally the greatest centreback in the world. I knew about him ever since he was a wee lad, I just knew he was gonna be a star.

Nah but seriously, welcome Eric!

izec

Manchester United sign Eric Bailly
Manchester United is delighted to announce that Eric Bertrand Bailly has completed his transfer from Villarreal CF, subject to successfully obtaining a work permit. Eric joins on a four-year contract with the option to extend for a further two years.

Bailly, 22, made 47 appearances for Villarreal since joining on 29 January 2015. The Ivory Coast central defender has made 15 appearances for his country and was part of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations-winning team, having appeared in all six matches during the competition.

Bailly said: "It is a dream come true to be joining Manchester United. To play football at the highest level is all I have ever wanted to do.

"I want to progress to be the best that I can be and I believe working with Jose Mourinho will help me develop in the right way and at the right club. I am looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and to starting this new chapter of my life."

Mourinho said: "Eric is a young central defender with great natural talent. He has progressed well to date and has the potential to become one of the best around.

"We look forward to working with him to help nurture that raw talent and fulfil his potential. Eric is at the right club to continue his development."
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...e=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

Crimson King

Saw them announce it live on MUTV with footage of him signing/taking photos in the kit. First time I've ever been in the know ahead of SSN!

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I have been saying all this time since yesterday we should sign this guy.. What a signing!

Raw

"Mourinho said: "Eric is a young central defender with great natural talent"

I guess that quashes the rumours that Mourinho might play him at fullback.

BarstoolProphet

I remember watching him at a youth tournament when he was 9 years old. He was the best player around and I've wanting him to sign for United ever since. WHAT. A. SIGNING.

Nicklas

So Mourinho sees him as a CB, I was sure he would be a RB.

dellboyy

Nice! Wasn't expecting this so soon for some reason! Hopefully the CB we need alongside Smalling!

murphs_law

DEAL DONE...
13:05
'DREAM COME TRUE'

Here's what Eric Bailly has had to say after sealing a move to Old Trafford...

"It is a dream come true to be joining Manchester United. To play football at the highest level is all I have ever wanted to do. I want to progress to be the best that I can be and I believe working with José Mourinho will help me develop in the right way and at the right club. I am looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and to starting this new chapter of my life.”
Manager Jose Mourinho said: "Eric is a young central defender with great natural talent. He has progressed well to date and has the potential to become one of the best around.

Dont you just love that last line...

Jose is saying all the rigth things

Status
Not open for further replies.