Eric Bailly | Manchester United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uniquim

Yes I know that but no one considers Nani and Evra as Africans instead of their actual nationalities. Good spot on Djiouf, completely forgot about him and thought Djemba was our last African.
There was also Manucho (Angola) in between Djemba/Fortune and Diouf. He played 3 games in the 08/09 season. 2 league cup games, and one as a sub in a 5-0 win. Also, Tuanzebe (Congo DR) who is in our academy, but is yet to play.

starman

Will reserve judgment till have seen him play properly, but going by the youtubes...he does seem very Micah Ricards-esque. Pace and power more then anything, rather then being a naturally good defender.

Bluppblupp

Welcome Eric! I think he's a good player already, and with loads of potential to turn in to a great defender for us. He'll definitely have the right tools to succeed and i really look forward to see him continue to improve in the red shirt!

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Bailly vs Liverpool

He looks comfortable when required to use his left foot. I believe he has experience as LCB from Espanyol and with his country. Can see him developing a formidable partnership with Smalling.
I have seen this guy a couple of times, the games when he was special was is against Real Madrid and Liverpool. It was clear from the first minute I saw him that his physical characteristics was something extra. Strong, fast and very aggressive. The YouTube clip against Pool is also how I remembered him. His physique and speed reminded me of Renato Sanches, but he was a defender, taller and more aggressive.

I'm quite sure he will be a instant starter for us. His main attributes seems to be perfect for playing in the PL.

Shady

Looks promising, but I hope we bring another CB who will be first choice along with Smalling. People who have followed him say he is still very raw. Being able to play as a full back too, he will get plenty of games anyway.

On another note, hope this is the end for Rojo and/or Jones. Too many chances.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That's a good point, I'd forgotten about him, yes good news if it means we've sidestepped that landmine.
I think I'd have been teary eyed if we'd signed him. He's literally a worse version of Blind at the minute.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Big and strong. Did well at Villareal. No one idea how he'l do at United though. At least Mourinho is letting the cash flow.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Saying it out loud just sounds more like a pensioner from Salford than a kid from Ivory Coast.

Didier Drogba, Arouna Kone, Yaya Toure - that's what I expect my Ivorians to be called. Very French or African sounding.

Google seems adamant that spelling of Bailly is French and I have heard of another French bloke who played for us called Eric, so I guess it makes sense.

worldinmotion66

This is a big risk and I fear it could be an expensive flop. Sure, he has the physical attributes, but he is so raw and aggressive that he is making far too many poor decisions to be reliable at this stage. He wasn't even first choice centre back for a Villarreal side that finished fourth, a massive 27 points behind the leaders.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we had an established, experienced centre half to help guide him - I guess this could be why Mourinho wants Rio to become a coach at the club.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we had an established, experienced centre half to help guide him - I guess this could be why Mourinho wants Rio to become a coach at the club.
Isn't Smalling that, these days?

Over a hundred games for us. Twenty odd for England.

William Hill

I'm glad! And I think this shows that the last years failures in the transfermarked was more down to our clueless managers("Dithering David" and that loon Van Gaal) , and not Woodward.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Great. So can someone tell me what type of defender he is, and what's his strength and weakness?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'll have to trust mourinho on this one, I know nothing of him and won't pretend I do but really hope he succeeds and becomes the defender version of martial (in terms of impact).

Hope it means one of or both Rojo/Jones will be moved on.

parisite

Great. So can someone tell me what type of defender he is, and what's his strength and weakness?
His principal weakness is getting too many cards but Spanish football distributes them like confetti anyway so
perhaps it won't be so great a problem. Occasionally a bit rash as well..normal he's a youngish lad.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Saying it out loud just sounds more like a pensioner from Salford than a kid from Ivory Coast.

Didier Drogba, Arouna Kone, Yaya Toure - that's what I expect my Ivorians to be called. Very French or African sounding.

Google seems adamant that spelling of Bailly is French and I have heard of another French bloke who played for us called Eric, so I guess it makes sense.
Bailly is a very french name.

worldinmotion66

Isn't Smalling that, these days?

Over a hundred games for us. Twenty odd for England.
I don't think Smalling has anywhere near the experience that a youngster needs as a guide. I'm talking about Kompany / Mertesacker / Terry type of experience. Winners.

donkeyfish

Well, never heard of him and didn´t see Villareal once this season. Still optimistic though, we paid 30m which should mean United believe hes a solid talent.

Didn´t we just sign a new scout? Maybe he was the guy pointing out this Bailly.

In any case he´s probably gonna be best African ever at United, not that that says much.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
15/16 Thigh problems Apr 28, 2016 May 14, 2016 16 days 4
15/16 Shoulder injury Jan 28, 2016 Feb 18, 2016 21 days 4
15/16 Hamstring Injury Nov 2, 2015 Nov 16, 2015 14 days 2
14/15 Hamstring Injury May 4, 2015 May 7, 2015 3 days -
14/15 Thigh Muscle Strain Mar 9, 2015 Mar 12, 2015 3 days 1

Not too serious injury record and as someone earlier said: only one red card in his already rich career of tackling in age of only 22. For a relatively slow start of the summer, it's a much needed deal that puts a good pressure on Jones & Rojo to step up or leave.

wwwwww

On the first day I receive permission to post five posts a day on the main from the newbie thread, I get an extra like and we sign this African player. As an African I am gonna go all "English Media" about him and say.. he is going to be the next Okocha, Toure(both brothers in their prime) , the next George Weah and the next Eto'o wrapped into one.

Also I finally get to say one of the few English phrases that I find cool. Get the f***in!!!
Weah out...

Geordopolous

I don't think Smalling has anywhere near the experience that a youngster needs as a guide. I'm talking about Kompany / Mertesacker / Terry type of experience. Winners.
Can you give a specific example of a player we should get instead? Because those 3 would be bad options. Unless you mean get bailly and another player

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He looks a tank. Hopefully he isn't injury prone as well. Would be an immediate improvement having someone who stays fit and can handle themselves physically and in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.