Eric Bailly | signs for Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Every so often he would pull out a performance that would be at an elite level, had all the tools, composure at times, agility, aggression, speed, strength, decent spring. Then the next week he would be a bomb scare, taking mad risks, doing bizarre stuff and his timing on headers was appalling. Fun to watch on his good days but insanely erratic.
Thought that things would clicked and he'd turned into world class CB or CDM; but it won't ever happen at this stage of his career.
A bad iota to my unblemished players prediction.

stevoc

His heading technique will go down in history, the only player who ducks and makes himself as small as possible when heading the ball.
Weghorst is also a master of this technique.

Plastic Evra

Physiology News Magazine journos pulling all nighters to get the scoop of Bailly transfer to a new infirmary.

Alemar

Bailly wants his salary paid up I guess. Pretty rude when he is asking for a free transfer. If we have to pay him to leave then don’t bother and he can waste another year not playing football. Mental midget.
He should then train with U18

AneRu

Feck him, an illustration of everything wrong with the modern game. No self respect, no honor, just a...

ShinjiNinja26

Manchester United refusing to pay player €700k to facilitate exit

https://sportwitness.co.uk/manchest...-player-e700k-facilitate-exit-talks-hit-snag/
Good. This shouldn’t become a thing, players expecting to be paid to feck off. Every other player in the world moves without this being an issue. It’s not like they’re going to be playing for free at their next club. I’d give them a simple ultimatum, either move on and reignite your career elsewhere playing regular football or rot in the reserves until your contract runs out.

dinostar77

Good. This shouldn’t become a thing, players expecting to be paid to feck off. Every other player in the world moves without this being an issue. It’s not like they’re going to be playing for free at their next club. I’d give them a simple ultimatum, either move on and reignite your career elsewhere playing regular football or rot in the reserves until your contract runs out.
Loyalty bonus? Really.

Just pay them and get rid of them.

Bertie Wooster

This blokes got off lightly due to has wacky play style and never playing so people romanticize his talent.
The initial hope for me when we bought him at 22 was that he had good physical attributes of height, strength, pace and mobility and seemed OK on the ball.

He looked reckless and raw positionally, but I was hoping that was something that would improve over the years with more experience, etc.

Whether that would have ever happened I don't know, but obviously all the injuries have prevented much of that expected game time and limited the experience and learning of the tactical / positional side of the game. And also maybe effected his pace / mobility over the years?

Either way, I've long since given up any hope of him developing into a quality CB and would love to see him leave.

garelo

how is this good when we still have to pay his salary for whole season? people talk like this is uncommon in football. you send your unwanted players away with money, after all youve agreed to give them salary in the first place.

Andersonson

He doesnt get any stick does he? Only Maguire even though the cases are almost identical.

Both can choose to stay, its up to them. Club most learn how and when to give out lucrative contracts

ShinjiNinja26

how is this good when we still have to pay his salary for whole season? people talk like this is uncommon in football. you send your unwanted players away with money, after all youve agreed to give them salary in the first place.
Then why is the club refusing to pay it then?

garelo

Then why is the club refusing to pay it then?
Because our club are stupid? after all this is the same club who decided to keep Rojo, Romero because their suitors didnt meet with our valuations only to lost them on free, the same club who refused to sell Darmian to Juve for 5m only to sell him to Parma for 1m just one season after. never underestimate the stupidity of our club.

Ahmer Baig

According to Sky Sports

Marseille are pushing to sign Manchester United defender Eric Bailly.

Plastic Evra

According to Sky Sports

Marseille are pushing to sign Manchester United defender Eric Bailly.
With the weird patterns of recruiting they have I can't discount it but I don't think he made a huge impression during his loan except to the player he high kicked.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Genuinely can’t believe he’s still at the club. I rated him highly at one point but what a bad signing he’s been.

fps

Because our club are stupid? after all this is the same club who decided to keep Rojo, Romero because their suitors didnt meet with our valuations only to lost them on free, the same club who refused to sell Darmian to Juve for 5m only to sell him to Parma for 1m just one season after. never underestimate the stupidity of our club.
Darmian was treated so badly here, a perfectly competent and able squad member.

Bojan Djordjic

How was he treated badly? You don't think he should have been starting for us do you? Personally think he was symptomatic of the drop in standards at the club. Nothing player for us anytime he played.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He was absolute crap for us. Not a bad player, but not the required level and didn't work out at all for him here.

FerociousCorgis

arent we literally just trying to give bailly away? Feel like at this point players need to get the damn hint and have some respect for their playing careers.

RedOrange

arent we literally just trying to give bailly away? Feel like at this point players need to get the damn hint and have some respect for their playing careers.
He likely wants to keep earning the wages he's on as long as possible since no other club will offer him even half that much when his contract runs out.

fps

How was he treated badly? You don't think he should have been starting for us do you? Personally think he was symptomatic of the drop in standards at the club. Nothing player for us anytime he played.
Not a starter no. I thought he was technically and tactically fine and could cover left and right back. He’s not let his teams down in some big matches since.

Jordi Cruyff 99

He was absolute crap for us. Not a bad player, but not the required level and didn't work out at all for him here.
I read this comment a lot: "didn't work out for him here". What do you mean by that? Because for the last ten years it doesn't seem like the squad has had very many genuine Man Utd level players (Ibrahimovic, de Gea, Ronaldo, Cavani) with most of these players being old. Do you think it has worked out for Luke Shaw? He is nowhere near Man Utd standard and has won next to nothing, but seems to get a free pass. The guy can't even get in shape. What other defenders over the last ten years has it "worked out for"?

Status
Not open for further replies.