g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Eric Bailly | signs for Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

I won’t forget his body feints in his penalty box or around it, and he gets away with it most of the time. It’s sure entertaining to watch :lol:
Its a tragedy things didnt work out as he definitely was fun to watch our Eric.

Varun1

He had a decent run here and there, just like Rojo. or Jones. Some tend to hang on to that.
Jones was nothing like Rojo or Bailly. In fact, he was better than most defenders that have joined us since then.
Sure he was a bit rash in the beginning, but that is what you'd expect of a 19/20 year old.

I'd even say that most of them weren't good enough to lick Jones's boots.

stevoc

Everything except brain and ability.
He has some ability but what ability he has is overshadowed by him being rash and reckless. If he's not charging out of position into midfield to make a tackle he doesn't need to. He's trying to make a clearance in his own box with an overhead back flip kick, when just heading it would be simpler and safer.

He just doesn't use his brain.

Revaulx

Truly astonishing he still has a **** on here.
Weird that some players find **** followings based on a handful of good performances.
Bailly did look really promising when he first arrived, but he was always very raw and after a while it looked unlikely that he was ever going to improve.

The notion that the player only failed to improve because of injuries is a lot more credibly applied to Jones than it ever was with this guy. But Jones pulled silly faces, and Bailly has elegant high cheekbones…

crossy1686

career ending
Bailly did look really promising when he first arrived, but he was always very raw and after a while it looked unlikely that he was ever going to improve.

The notion that the player only failed to improve because of injuries is a lot more credibly applied to Jones than it ever was with this guy. But Jones pulled silly faces, and Bailly has elegant high cheekbones…
Definitely. Agree with everything you’ve said here. Jones had world class potential, more than any CB we’ve ever had, and I include Rio in that and I consider him to be the best CB the PL has ever seen.

Alex B

I miss the entertainment value he brings in all honesty. Would enjoy watching him and Onana

Alex B

See I prefer having centre backs that stay fit and don't make stupid mistakes all the time.
Well yes absolutely, but I did find Bailly fun to watch, during this dark decade his overhead kicks in the box and jumping on people brought a little light and enjoyment to watching the team for me.

Pickle85

Definitely. Agree with everything you’ve said here. Jones had world class potential, more than any CB we’ve ever had, and I include Rio in that and I consider him to be the best CB the PL has ever seen.
This has to be based solely on what fergie said that one time about Duncan Edwards. Phil Jones never, in any universe, showed more promise than Rio.

crossy1686

career ending
This has to be based solely on what fergie said that one time about Duncan Edwards. Phil Jones never, in any universe, showed more promise than Rio.
Then you never watched Phil Jones play. He was a marauding CB that made perfect tackles and won every header. He was so good he even played DM a couple of times. The guy was no joke, I believe the comparison on here was Duncan Edwards. People just forget this because he has been injured for so long and the butt of every single joke in the Woodard era.

Pickle85

Then you never watched Phil Jones play. He was a marauding CB that made perfect tackles and won every header. He was so good he even played DM a couple of times. The guy was no joke, I believe the comparison on here was Duncan Edwards. People just forget this because he has been injured for so long and the butt of every single joke in the Woodard era.
I watched him play plenty. Maybe you never watched a young Rio play. I say again, Jones never looked more promising than Rio. As I said in my last, you're probably hung up on that fergie quote where he compared him to Duncan Edwards, but then fergie had previous for hyping players to boost their confidence. Jones looked a really good player but Rio was always different gravy.

crossy1686

career ending
I watched him play plenty. Maybe you never watched a young Rio play. I say again, Jones never looked more promising than Rio. As I said in my last, you're probably hung up on that fergie quote where he compared him to Duncan Edwards, but then fergie had previous for hyping players to boost their confidence. Jones looked a really good player but Rio was always different gravy.
Yeah Rio is the best of the best for me. I only remember him from his Leeds days and the WC onwards though, he was immense.

I remember Fergie saying something about him being the player with the most potential he’s ever had but that’s about it, it’s more how effective Jones was in every part of the pitch that I was impressed with. He was a game changer from the back. Anyway, shame what happened to him, would have loved to have seen what he went on to be if his body would have allowed.

Pickle85

Yeah Rio is the best of the best for me. I only remember him from his Leeds days and the WC onwards though, he was immense.

I remember Fergie saying something about him being the player with the most potential he’s ever had but that’s about it, it’s more how effective Jones was in every part of the pitch that I was impressed with. He was a game changer from the back. Anyway, shame what happened to him, would have loved to have seen what he went on to be if his body would have allowed.
Agreed, I had highly high hopes for Jones too. It's just a shame his body never let him achieve what he should have.

Mickson

Came here for updates on a transfer for Eric Bailly. Instead, it's a huge discussion about Rio Ferdinand and Duncan Edwards. I mean c'mon...

I'll gladly let Bailly go on a free but if we can get something for him, bite their hand off and run. Romano wrote that Bailly isn't in United plans and therefore not in the US squad so I guess something can happen soon. Also saw some weak Saudi links but we'll see what happens there.

tomaldinho1

:lol: What?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I remember there was some lunatic a few months ago saying without a hint of irony that we should give him a new contract for the entertainment value :lol:

Negative Red

Are we to assume that him walking away suggests he has been to say his goodbyes? That's how I see it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.