Eric Dier

Juicy Juiced

And Eric Dier presence will make him happy.. How? Last I checked they were both together when Kane wanted out of Spurs.
I already wrote how is hard to move to another country.
Bayern invested big money towards Kane. They probably would do anything to keep him happy( while he have normal wishes) . Do you forgot when we bought Bebe to make Perez calm.

Unhappy Kane and all biggest clubs would be all over him.

el3mel

Bayern invested big money towards Kane. They probably would do anything to keep him happy( while he have normal wishes) . Do you forgot when we bought Bebe to make Perez calm.

Are you talking seriously? I mean it's easy enough for you to understand how ridiculous that logic is even while writing it. There's no big club who is gonna pay ton of money for a player who will basically become the clown whose job is to please their super star. This is a major business corporation and not a high school football team.

They sign Dier because they think he will be useful for the team, not to be Harry Kane's personal clown.

Juicy Juiced

Are you talking seriously? I mean it's easy enough for you to understand how ridiculous that logic is even while writing it. There's no big club who is gonna pay ton of money for a player who will basically become the clown whose job is to please their super star. This is a major business corporation and not a high school football team.

They sign Dier because they think he will be useful for the team, not to be Harry Kane's personal clown.
Its not that ridiculous.
Giannis brother is playing for Bucks just for one reason. And Dier is probably on low wages.

5 millions for wages is nothing if is that making your 200+ million asset happy.

Blackwidow

Kane already is in the club since several months and is happy. If he needs to help his friend integrate and not the other way around.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Played quite well today. As I’ve said, as a fourth cb, he makes sense to me.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Completely sensible transfer under the circumstances.
Absolutely. Makes it very weird to keep reading these comments that he's just there to entertain Kane. But on the other hand, it shouldn't come as a surprise that fans of United struggle to appreciate cheap players who fit well in their limited roles without costing too much.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Absolutely. Makes it very weird to keep reading these comments that he's just there to entertain Kane. But on the other hand, it shouldn't come as a surprise that fans of United struggle to appreciate cheap players who fit well in their limited roles without costing too much.
Odd thing to get defensive about, both things can be true. He can be a good play thing for Harry and a decent last choice.

Do you think you sign him if you didn’t have Kane?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Odd thing to get defensive about, both things can be true. He can be a good play thing for Harry and a decent last choice.

Do you think you sign him if you didn’t have Kane?
Yes. Because Tuchel knows him well from his time at Chelsea and has brought up quite a few other players from the prem as potential transfer targets. Most of them didn't work out in the end, like Rice and Palhinha. But there is a new focus on this league since Tuchel is here. I think Dier is much more a Tuchel purchase than anything else.
And it is not like we didn't have a desperate need for another cb. There's a reason he started todays game.

I think him and Kane liking each other is nothing more than a nice bonus that had next to no influence on our pursuit of Dier.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yes. Because Tuchel knows him well from his time at Chelsea and has brought up quite a few other players from the prem as potential transfer targets. Most of them didn't work out in the end, like Rice and Palhinha. But there is a new focus on this league since Tuchel is here. I think Dier is much more a Tuchel purchase than anything else.
And it is not like we didn't have a desperate need for another cb. There's a reason he started todays game.

I think him and Kane liking each other is nothing more than a nice bonus that had next to no influence on our pursuit of Dier.
You know what you know Bayern way more than me so I’ll take your word for it. :D

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
You know what you know Bayern way more than me so I’ll take your word for it. :D
I mean it's fairly fecking obvious Eric fecking Dier would never have gotten anywhere close to Bayern without the Kane connection but it's fine for Bayern fans to believe it was a sensible thought out coup or something.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I can still be wrong. It's not like we have never done something like this. Ribery's brother played for our second team for quite a while. But Dier fits our style so well and makes so much sense overall, that I really don't think it played a part in the decision for us. It might have for him. Don't know about that.
I also don't think it mattered to us, because Kane appears to do really well in the team and he already seems to have made quite a few friends. Especially with Müller. If that were different, I'd be more inclined to entertain the idea.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I mean it's fairly fecking obvious Eric fecking Dier would never have gotten anywhere close to Bayern without the Kane connection but it's fine for Bayern fans to believe it was a sensible thought out coup or something.
No one but you called the signing a “coup“.
Dier is cheap and can adequately cover a few positions where Bayern‘s squad is too thin. That’s why I called it “sensible“.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Spot on. People in here are conflating their disdain for Dier as a player with why other sides in Europe would buy him.

As a versatile, experienced squad player he makes very good sense for any manager familiar with his abilities in charge of a big side that is a bit thin on numbers. Thanks to how cheap he was.

mav_9me

Spot on. People in here are conflating their disdain for Dier as a player with why other sides in Europe would buy him.

As a versatile, experienced squad player he makes very good sense for any manager familiar with his abilities in charge of a big side that is a bit thin on numbers. Thanks to how cheap he was.
I feel like there should be so many other options for 4th choice for Bayern. I just think he is not good enough even as a squad player.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
There is absolutely no way Dier is at Bayern if not for Harry Kane. There is no way this is a discussion.

He isn’t agile enough as a DMC and poor positionally as a center back and prone to rash decisions.

His mate said he is decent and fancied having a bit of company, Bayern didn’t want to spend money, and here we are.

He absolutely isn’t there on merit though. He wouldn’t get a game for United and we are woeful.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He absolutely isn’t there on merit though. He wouldn’t get a game for United and we are woeful.
But United has a reasonable sized squad, it's just that everybody is playing below his level.

Bayern simply lacked numbers in their squads. So he can still be a sensible signing for Bayern despite not getting games at United if he went there.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
But United has a reasonable sized squad, it's just that everybody is playing below his level.

Bayern simply lacked numbers in their squads. So he can still be a sensible signing for Bayern despite not getting games at United if he went there.
I get that, but at the same time, it’s Bayern Munich. There is no way, that on merit, this is the best they could do.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I get that, but at the same time, it’s Bayern Munich. There is no way, that on merit, this is the best they could do.
Which other CB was ln the market who is cheap, has international experience and is happy to come as 4th choice? Could Bayern have done better? Yes. For the money they spend? I am not sure. So it was clearly a decision on how much to spend on this squad role.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
The truth is ultimately in the performances. So far, he slotted right in, as he was supposed to do. In Bayern forums, fans are quite pleased with him. Of course he played just a little over 200 minutes, so best to wait until the end of the season. Leverkusen & CL knockouts will be a different kind of test (if he plays).

Raw

He has now reached as many Champions League semi finals as Arsenal have in their entire history :lol:

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
his advantage over Upamecano and Kim is to be just reliable and not have brainfarts. Other than that, he is the Füllkrug of defenders (with prettier teeth). A seemingly decidedly average player overperforming. Or is he?! :D

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Well he’s supposedly displaced Kim Min-Jae and Bayern are thought to be open to moving Kim on. If they are we should really be sounding them out but rumour mill suggests he’s going back to Napoli on loan.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Well he’s supposedly displaced Kim Min-Jae and Bayern are thought to be open to moving Kim on. If they are we should really be sounding them out but rumour mill suggests he’s going back to Napoli on loan.
The issue with Kim seems to be that his English and German are not good enough yet to properly coordinate the defense.
And in regards to Upamecano: Dier simply gives you constant 7/10 performances, while Upa gives you 9/10 but sometimes drops in some 2/10.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
What happened here? Didn't Kim start out for Bayern like a house on fire?