Eric Dier

Real Name

Thank christ Jose didn't manage to spend £50m on him. Imagine the state of our team if he got his way and signed the likes Willian, Dier and Perisic.
Perišić would be a blast, he's still going strong despite the fact he's beyond 30 and his legs are gone.

Tarrou

how did he end up with 49 caps?

I don't remember him ever being good

LASpurs

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
An absolutely awful player. Him and Maguire at CB is an absolute nightmare scenario.......

Juicy Juiced

Reckon Kane just wanted a friend who could speak the same language as him.

Kane's slurred English would be pretty hard for the Germans to understand.
I know that are you joking, but it is sometimes hard to move to another country.

I remember my first time, when I moved to Germany. Hot headed ( we are like that on Balkan) young surgeon meets Germany cold machine. I almost had a meltdown. Then they called my anesthetist from Bosnia, and now... Where I go he goes too. Its symbiotic relationship.
Happy Kane will bring you CL. Its worth it Diers wages.

And they know he aint happy all English clubs would be all over him.

Dier is there to help him, and that is German efficency.

Last edited:

G3079

Supports
Nobody in particular
I see nothing weird about this. Bayern urgently needed more depth in their defense after they had gone into the season severely understaffed. Dier covers the CB, RB and DM positions, is so cheap he might as well have been free (and I doubt his wages are huge either), he still has enough years in him to have a resale value and he's probably very aware that unless he suddenly improves massively he'll only be the 4th pick behind Upamecano, Kim (at least as soon as he's back from his tournament) and de Ligt.

Bayern gets some urgently needed squad depth for peanuts, Dier can put himself into the window at a different club, Kane gets to hang out with a friend, Spurs still gets at least some money for a player that is surplus and almost out of contract - everybody wins. Looks like a sensible transfer to me.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Bayern bought a friend for Kane from England? Wow!

He better win them the champions league.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Bayern is a top club, taking care of the mental health of their players by bringing in their incredibly mediocre friends for moral support.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I honestly thought Dier was approaching his mid 30s. He's only 29, he should be in his prime.
If he plays bad/doesn‘t get minutes: he was always trash
If he plays well/gets minutes: the Bundesliga is trash

:drool:

Juicy Juiced

Bayern is a top club, taking care of the mental health of their players by bringing in their incredibly mediocre friends for moral support.
Bayern invested 200+ millions in best CF at the moment. They will keep him happy. Dier wages are irrelevant.

Trequarista10

He was better at DM than CB for quite a while, but I think when the trend for high pressing and playing out from the back stepped up a gear in the last few years, his lack of press resistance and technical ability forced him back to CB, where he's meh. Reasonable squad player I suppose. Arguably no worse than Lindelof at CB, and probably a better DM than McTominay (yes yes he's not a DM but we still play him there sometimes).

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Emotional support player, maybe he can get a special armband and be on the pitch additionally to the regular 11

HTG

Supports
Bayern
A bizarre transfer if ever there was one.
It’s really not. He’s just our fourth option at cb and provides some cover as a number 6. And likely only for the rest of the season. Considering his age, experience, his relationship with Kane, it makes sense.
We’ve done these deals before. Tasci, Blind, Oddo, Odriozola and others come to mind.

el3mel

It’s really not. He’s just our fourth option at cb and provides some cover as a number 6. And likely only for the rest of the season. Considering his age, experience, his relationship with Kane, it makes sense.
We’ve done these deals before. Tasci, Blind, Oddo, Odriozola and others come to mind.
Don't understand what his relationship with Kane has to do with anything really.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Don't understand what his relationship with Kane has to do with anything really.
I don’t think it’s relevant either. I mostly brought it up because others seem to think it’s a factor.

Juicy Juiced

Unhappy Kane can get the move where ever he wants. He is best striker in the world ( never understand hate towards him, especially from english folks).

el3mel

Unhappy Kane can get the move where ever he wants. He is best striker in the world ( never understand hate towards him, especially from english folks).
And Eric Dier presence will make him happy.. How? Last I checked they were both together when Kane wanted out of Spurs.