Eric ten Hag Sackwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodgerzzz

I agree, there is a laundy list of issues. But the manager has to be getting more out of this group of players, as an absolute minimum.

Apart from Palace in the CC, we have been poor in every single game this season.

We have only beaten Wolves, Forest, Burnley, Sheff Utd, Brentford, Copenhagen and Palace in the CC.

Wolves, Brentford and Copenhagen, we got very, very lucky, so could be worse.
Forest were 2-0 up after 6 minutes... another one to add to the lucky escape list

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Rightly or wrongly, he won't be sacked anytime soon. The club hierarchy operate with zero urgency. Strap in, folks - this is going to get a lot worse. Best to disengage for now.

Jericholyte2

Those who want a new manager in (I think it’ll unfortunately inevitably end with ETH going), what do you expect to happen differently with these players?

The same players who have downed tools for José, Ole and now ETH will, what, magically transform into consistent players fighting for their teammates and club to the bitter end, not giving opponents a moment’s rest during the 90mins in their relentless pursuit of 3 points?

They’ll do the same and feck over the next guy and the next and the next…

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
You keep going until you hire the right manager.

This isn't rocket science.

Like what are some of you even on about? You guys would give managers 5-10 years for fun and ruin the club even more.

What have our managers post-SAF amounted to since they got sacked? Nothing. People keep acting like we're hiring the best in class constantly and failing constantly.

The Glazers are awful, but another denominator is that we keep hiring managers who aren't good enough.
So you didn't want Ten Hag to be given the job?

What was it that told you he wasn't good enough?

McTerminator

Probably going to happen, but I think the Glazers really need to move on, full sale or nothing will change.
100%, they can replace the entire playing and coaching staff and it wouldn’t make a difference. They are the problem. Have been all along.

JustinC00

We’ve ruined another manager, another one with a good CV has failed here,
He had a hand in his own demise. Antony was a horrendous signing for the price. Mount was a pointless signing, money should have went to a CB or an actual CM/DM. Wasted 60m on 1 decent season of Casemiro because he couldn't move on from FDJ early and go for another CM.

Blood Mage

I wonder if van Der Gaag turned down Ajax because he sniffs an opportunity to impress as our interim coach soon?

Redstain

I agree, there is a laundy list of issues. But the manager has to be getting more out of this group of players, as an absolute minimum.

Apart from Palace in the CC, we have been poor in every single game this season.

We have only beaten Wolves, Forest, Burnley, Sheff Utd, Brentford, Copenhagen and Palace in the CC.

This season is over, you know we're in for it when you can't see the bottom. How low will this club stoop, there's no end in sight. The team have maintained the same intensity that they had in pre season. It's due to be a complete disaster if Erik is here for full season. It doesn't even necessarily mean he's entirely a bad manager but that he's lost his grip and gravity is taking care of the rest.

RedRocket9908

100%, they can replace the entire playing and coaching staff and it wouldn’t make a difference. They are the problem. Have been all along.
Why wouldnt it make a difference? The performances we are seeing on the putch have absolutely nothing to do with the owners or Murtough and Arnold

tomaldinho1

Yeah I think it's clear the players aren't giving it their all for him now which kind of puts the writing on the wall. It sickens me this same group for the most part will get away with it but then I think how can we actually fix what is happening here and it's by writing off this season. We don't have the players for the system we want, that's on ETH/Murtough/recruitment in general so if we're going to play direct bring in someone as interim who is hands on and coaches an aggressive elite press with direct football. Flick is free, Hasenhuttl is free, that nutter Marsh is free. None of them are good enough long term (Flick aside maybe) but we need to get an identity and become hard to beat again. Currently every team fancies themselves against us.

Eddy_JukeZ

So you didn't want Ten Hag to be given the job?

What was it that told you he wasn't good enough?
I wanted ETH in the job, but he's lost me entirely this season.

As for the bolded: Constant humiliations vs rivals. A GD of -1 over our last 37 games. Our performances since the cup final. Our start this season. A clear regression in performances compared to a year ago. No progression in our style of play. Awful recruitment by him. He seems completely incapable of constructing an attack that is top level. I could go on and on.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Just some incredibly stupid posts like this. WHat has owners to do with managers underperforming? In a hindsight it would be easy to say we should have gone for this or that manager but going back in time any potential DOF could have end up with the same option candidates at the time. COuld have been braver, faster decision yes but wha we have been served but some managers is just nonsense.
So you're telling me since SAF retired, we've had: Moyes, LVG, Jose, Ole, and now ETH, and spent billions, zero on infrastructure. Not had a DoF or any role that other modern clubs do and it's all the managers fault?

We had Woodward for around 8 years as our CEO essentially.

Yet the likes of Newcastle get new owners, City had new owners, Villa too and have gone from shit clubs to top 4?

Even Levy invested heavily in the clubs infrastructure and has one of the best stadiums while we're twiddling our thumbs pointing the finger at the players and the manager.

The owners set the expectations, why does City have best in class, won three titles consecutively and United cannot? we have as much revenue as they do. It's all down to the owners.

Yes they appoint the managers but they do sod all else besides that.

Someone

Something
It doesn't really matter at this point if you think he's a good manager or not. The players have switched off. Managers don't recover from that.

HotOne

For once can we please cut our losses and sack the manager now. Rather than waste another 12 months when he's clearly not going to turn it around. I hope maybe Sir Jim might have some say and want to change things ASAP.

Eddy_JukeZ

So you're telling me since SAF retired, we've had: Moyes, LVG, Jose, Ole, and now ETH, and spent billions, zero on infrastructure. Not had a DoF or any role that other modern clubs do and it's all the managers fault?

Yet the likes of Newcastle get new owners, City had new owners, Villa too and have gone from shit clubs to top 4?

Even Levy invested heavily in the clubs infrastructure and has one of the best stadiums while we're twiddling our thumbs pointing the finger at the players and the manager.

The owners set the expectations, why does City have best in class, won three titles consecutively and United cannot? we have as much revenue as they do. It's all down to the owners.

So our success under SAF was all down to the Glazers then?

This is the point you're trying to make.

The owners are important, but they're not managing the team on the field.

gaffs

This season is over, you know we're in for it when you can't see the bottom. How low will this club stoop, there's no end in sight. The team have maintained the same intensity that they had in pre season. It's due to be a complete disaster if Erik is here for full season. It doesn't even necessarily mean he's entirely a bad manager but that he's lost his grip and gravity is taking care of the rest.
Agree. Even if it is not a manager with the same record as ETH, these players need something new. Whatever he is having them do in training, whatever systems he is employing and whatever bridges he has burned, it is not working anymore.

Sometimes players just need a new voice and mentality.

SirScholes

get rid now

He’s lost it, 2-0 down and looking terrible, his inspiring half time turnaround was to bring on Amrabat….then when 3-0 down start to bring on your 1st choice.
Bellend he should resign

BuzzKillington

Managers not the problem, the owners are.

Just like Jose wasn't a shit manager either. We have idiots running the club, running the entire infrastructure into the ground.

We are a decade behind other clubs. And those 1% differences add up across the board.

The Glazers won't spend a single penny on the club, we can continue to blame players and the manager but the clubs a shell of itself.

The entire club is rotten while they stay. We can continue to change managers, buy players. Other clubs like Newcastle, City, Liverpool, Villa with good owners will continue to invest and we will continue to fall behind.

Under the Glazers ownership we've gone from 1st, to 2nd, now to 4th to 6th because of what other owners have done for their respective teams.

None of this is on ETH, on Ole, on Jose or LVG.
I hate the Glazers too pal, but those 4 managers have spent well over £1bn of the clubs money (note I said club, not Glazers) between them and we don’t have a single player I’d be that sorry to lose. Let’s apportion blame where it’s due. The Glazers for appointing these managers and generally being cnuts, and the managers themselves for doing a largely shite job.

In addition to the Glazers hiring the shit they’ve hired they’ve also been guilty of not pulling the trigger quickly enough when it’s clear it’s not going to turn around. Those extra 4/5 losses we incur could be the difference between us being able to scramble for a CL spot.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Do you know what would be brilliant? If Ten Hag returned to Manchester with a hair transplant after the next international break. I'd give him until end of the season if he did that.

Name Changed

weso26
As soon as we get knocked out of the CL, which will happen soon, he will get the boot. He simply has not been good enough unfortunately.

Hal9000

He won't be sacked, especially not before the rumoured change in sporting leadership

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Plenty of bad luck has gone against him, but he's showing very, very little sign of being able to turn anything around now. Newcastle have plenty of injuries etc as well, how can you not lay a glove on their reserves at home? If there was an obvious candidate waiting in the wings, he'd be absolutely fecked by now.

He's got a very favourable set of fixtures coming up for the rest of the month to save himself, but you can't even see where a decent performance is coming from against dross, let alone anybody better.

But yeah, even if he goes, you just know the players would play out of their skin for a nice, cuddly Ole type manager for a few months before thy decide they can't be arsed for him anymore either. We'd probably get Dortmund Sancho for all of about six weeks if we were lucky. cnuts.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791

I get all of this but you really think investing in club's infrastructure is going miraculously change our performances on the pitch? The players are not responding to the coach anymore and the only viable option at this current moment in time, based on the circumstances is to replace the manager.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Those who want a new manager in (I think it’ll unfortunately inevitably end with ETH going), what do you expect to happen differently with these players?

The same players who have downed tools for José, Ole and now ETH will, what, magically transform into consistent players fighting for their teammates and club to the bitter end, not giving opponents a moment’s rest during the 90mins in their relentless pursuit of 3 points?

They’ll do the same and feck over the next guy and the next and the next…
The players he brought himself are arguably even worse than the ones he inherited so allowing him to just get rid of the squad and replace them with new players is kind of pointless.

Redfrog

They were, Liverpool on 16th of March and City on 25th of March although we won away at West Ham inbetween them.
So it wasn’t two consecutive games even if it was two consecutive home games… but I agree, it’s confusing.

By the way, I don’t know how you remember the results so far away. Bravo Sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.