Erik ten Hag - Ajax Manager

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I am a fan of ETH, but his failure this season isn't doing him any good. I suppose you can say he has been distracted by the rumors of united interest, but at United there will be much more than distraction that he will have to overcome.

Since his semi final run, he has been on a downward trajectory. Hopefully, at United he will turn out successful and we are not hiring the wrong manager again

@Amadaeus what did you sacrifice to whom
Nah, it is just years of experience understanding football. It is difficult to judge ETH on his time at Ajax. I am surprised though towards the crazy amount of hype behind him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I am a fan of ETH, but his failure this season isn't doing him any good. I suppose you can say he has been distracted by the rumors of united interest, but at United there will be much more than distraction that he will have to overcome.

Since his semi final run, he has been on a downward trajectory. Hopefully, at United he will turn out successful and we are not hiring the wrong manager again
Happens when you lose players every year, although it's not even true anyway.

Amadaeus

Happens when you lose players every year, although it's not even true anyway.
He is not the only manager that lose players. And regardless, he still outspend most of his competitors in their league. Dortmund, spurs, atletico, Arsenal, loose strong players in a much competitive league, yet they manage to adapt. That is the job of the manage especially of a team that isn't the dominant team in their league. That can not be an excuse of ETH, as even if he looses top players he should still thrive in the Dutch League with the resource at his disposal. It could be used in the champion league, but still his job is to adapt and imprint his philosophy into that competition.

Bondi77

He is not the only manager that lose players. And regardless, he still outspend most of his competitors in their league. Dortmund, spurs, atletico, Arsenal, loose strong players in a much competitive league, yet they manage to adapt. That is the job of the manage especially of a team that isn't the dominant team in their league. That can not be an excuse of ETH, as even if he looses top players he should still thrive in the Dutch League. It could be used in the champion league, but still his job is to adapt.
Lose not loose

Cassidy

He is not the only manager that lose players. And regardless, he still outspend most of his competitors in their league. Dortmund, spurs, atletico, Arsenal, loose strong players in a much competitive league, yet they manage to adapt. That is the job of the manage especially of a team that isn't the dominant team in their league. That can not be an excuse of ETH, as even if he looses top players he should still thrive in the Dutch League. It could be used in the champion league, but still his job is to adapt.
And he's is about to win his 3rd league title in a row? Arsenal and Spurs manage to adapt, heard it all now

AndySmith1990

Nah, it is just years of experience understanding football. It is difficult to judge ETH on his time at Ajax. I am surprised though towards the crazy amount of hype behind him.
Whats the failure of this season you talk about? He's top of the league. Getting knocked out of the CL last 16 and not winning a cup? Happens to every manager, even the most dominant.

Cassidy

As he should. Arsenal and Spurs aren't the dominant team in their league. Expectations are much different there.
Arsenal have finished lower than expected in the past 2 seasons.
Fact is you were wrong about the downward trajectory, the guy is winning titles. I just realised who I'm speaking with though, I guess Poch is on an upwards trajectory since losing that final :lol:

ShinjiNinja26

As he should. Arsenal and Spurs aren't the dominant team in their league. Expectations are much different there.
PSG however are the dominant team in their league by some margin and your man Poch still failed to win the title yet you seem to rate him higher than Ten Hag. How does that work exactly?

Joseunited

PSG however are the dominant team in their league by some margin and your man Poch still failed to win the title yet you seem to rate him higher than Ten Hag. How does that work exactly?
Premier league proven, or some bollox like that.

Amadaeus

Whats the failure of this season you talk about? He's top of the league. Getting knocked out of the CL last 16 and not winning a cup? Happens to every manager, even the most dominant.
The failures was mentioned in your post. Even if he is top of the league, the margin isn't much. Winning a league in Eredivisie with Ajax shouldn't really be highly regard as is the same with the German league with bayern, the French league with psg, and other similiar league.

Also, I am not going to respond to poster who tries to take this thread of topic.

croadyman

Fully expecting the press to absolutely hammer him tomorrow for this result because we know how gutted they all are we decided against appointing their media darling Pochettino

Cassidy

The failures was mentioned in your post. Even if he is top of the league, the margin isn't much. Winning a league in Eredivisie with Ajax shouldn't really be highly regard as is the same with the German league with bayern, the French league with psg, and other similiar league.

Also, I am not going to respond to poster who tries to take this thread of topic.
:lol: :lol:

Grande

This will ineviatbly trigger an avalanche of reactions against knee jerk stupidity, while it’s all just examples of how many people will make the same unoriginal joke and post it.
He is a bottler, will fit right in
Pep Guardiola is my idol.
Sack watch before even hired?
Bottling 1-0 lead in Cup final to lose the game in the end? Perfect for us :D
Everything.... we.... touch.... turns... to.... shite
Get Sean Dyche in before it’s too late ffs.
Already turned into shite, perfect fit for us. bite
Too early for a sack watch thread?

AshRK

Seriously asking how is expecting to win dutch league with Ajax is any different from expecting psg to win the french league.in fact the latter is much easier. You are making it sound winning the French league with Psg is hard.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Erik “zero out of ten” Hag. Ajax? Shouldn’t even be managing Ajaccio at this rate. ETH: not even once.

Amadaeus

Seriously asking how is expecting to win dutch league with Ajax is any different from expecting psg to win the french league.in fact the latter is much easier. You are making it sound winning the French league with Psg is hard.
Huh? I said it is about the same. Can people not read anymore. Moreover, the French league is much more competitive, but that is an argument for another time

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Huh? I said it is about the same. Can people not read anymore. Moreover, the French league is much more competitive, but that is an argument for another time
Its really not much more competitive. In the last 15 years both leagues have had 5 different winners.
In France PSG have gone on streaks and have won 7 of the last 9 titles and even in the 2000's Lyon won 7 on the bounce.
Ligue 1 is not much more competitive than the Eriedivisie.

You are just annoyed your boy Poch wasnt hired so stop making up false facts!

Amadaeus

Its really not much more competitive. In the last 15 years both leagues have had 5 different winners.
In France PSG have gone on streaks and have won 7 of the last 9 titles and even in the 2000's Lyon won 7 on the bounce.
Ligue 1 is not much more competitive than the Eriedivisie.

You are just annoyed your boy Poch wasnt hired so stop making up false facts!
I stand correct, not much more. Just more competitive. I m not annoyed, ETH is my second choice. For poch I believe real Madrid, even newcastle(as they are building the next city) or staying at psg is better for his career, but for united it would have been best to hire poch. Why do people keep changing thread subject? You can get a warning for that. Stick to the subject and stop always trying to bring poch into every argument.

Cassidy

I stand correct, not much more. Just more competitive. I m not annoyed, ETH is my second choice. For poch I believe real Madrid, even newcastle(as they are building the next city) or staying at psg is better for his career, but for united it would have been best to hire poch. Why do people keep changing thread subject? You can get a warning for that. Stick to the subject and stop always trying to bring poch into every argument.
Maybe you should get behind the clubs new manager...

Amadaeus

Maybe you should get behind the clubs new manager...
Huh?? I am. I love that we got ETH. As stated he is my second choice. I think people misunderstand my post. I even mentioned earlier in this thread that he will be our manager one day before he was popular and it seems I was right again as that turned out true. Check the first few page of this thread to see how my opinion of ETH is and how some fans on here had bad opinion of him before. I am glad that we actually have a Manger that has an attractive philosophy. However, I m unsure if he will be able to transition that philosophy to work at United and in the premier league where you are suppose to be more dynamic and have good emotional intelligence (with the latter, so the players can respond well to that philosophy).

Acquire Me

Why bother with all the wum. It’s just people who loves to wind up others.

EtH is excellent. So so good signing for us.

ClassOf'99

This place has honestly gone insane :lol: :lol:

Loses a cup final to their biggest rivals in a very controversial fashion and suddenly he's not fit for purpose? :lol:

Some of you may need to go get a check in with the doctor, some brains aren't firing properly in here :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Loses a cup final to their biggest rivals in a very controversial fashion and suddenly he's not fit for purpose? :lol:

Some of you may need to go get a check in with the doctor, some brains aren't firing properly in here :lol:
Indeed.

Thought people were joking. I mean, can't be serious?
Much of it is serious.

stevoc

I'm delighted we're not hiring Mauricio Roberto Pochettino Trossero for a few reasons but not least because it means I won't have to read that abomination of a nickname multiple times a day on here.

edcunited1878

Ref was terrible and Ajax should have gotten a penalty in the first half to make it 2-0. EtH knows this was important.

Cup finals are always toss ups and not surprised to see overreactions. Really hope Ajax can recover and go onto win their league. It is important for him to leave his club on a high and finish the season strongly considering their position.

8 out of 10 times, cup finals will not be smooth sailing. Especially if they are against a top rival who are only a four points behind you in the league middle of April.

It is as if people dismiss what EtH has been able to do in a more elite competition like the CL. Shit happens in cup finals, like the ref not awarding a pen or disallowing a goal from what looked like an onside position. On top of that, your team is punished for very uncharacteristic mistakes.

peridigm

I can only speak for “too soon for sack watch thread” that it was meant as a joke due to all the inevitable meltdown’s happening. I think most are just trying to lighten the mood and have a little fun. Maybe some are not. Those that are seriously reconsidering whether he is the right man for the job need to get a grip. In my honest opinion of course.