Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Clearly the injuries of Mainoo and Amad in pre-season inside him. Guy is so unlucky.

You cannot expect his 85m, 70m and 55m attacking signings to fill such a huge hole.

We still conceded a hatful of chances, conceded 2. Better from our attacking players but there is never any control in any match. He cannot stay.

Disgraceful that he's gone with Antony so many times over Diallo.
XG was 1.27 to 1.97... for Newcastle. But I'm sure we won't hear talk of that today, it's the result that matters :lol:

saivet

Just dont give you inspiration does he?

He should thank the fans though. He is lucky to be at United and not another big club especially in Europe.
He's just not very charismatic and I found the speech a bit cringe to be honest, though I can't fault him for the effort. It's not an easy thing to do either, to a given a rallying speech to a full stadium.

To me it felt more like a plea for the fans to stay with him rather than a man assured he will still be here next season.

mu4c_20le

This is the what I worry about. You don't make a speech like that if you've not been given assurances.
It was just a rallying cry for the cup final. Didn't sound different to any of the defiant pressers in the last few weeks

Blood Mage

You have to give credit where it's due. He got the team and his subs spot on tonight, fair play to him.

He still has to go.

stevoc

Is there though? Garnacho on the right was one of the few positives of this season and it probably just took a while to accept that his £80m project is now our 3rd best option for the only position he can really play.
Garnacho, Amad, Sancho are all arguably better right wingers than Antony. That reflects poorly on Ten Hag, Sancho and Erik had a falling out. And he's seemed very reluctant to play Amad.

He has finally stumbled into a competent midfield of Amrabat and Mainoo? Good play from both against two very good sides in Arsenal and Newcastle?

Its happened before with managers finding their best line up in a time of crisis…

edgecutter

Do you know the definition of being a supporter? Good and bad days and all that? FFS we just won and he is holding a really good speech.
People are moaning that there was booing which is absurd. Fans can boo if it is warranted and ETH has done nothing that should be cheered. If this was any other club that we were watching we would be stunned and also laughing our heads off that our fans could be so naive to continue backing a guy that took 37 league games to find a system that works. As much as we like to give players stick for the money they make, just remember that ETH isn't paid peanuts and he has performed so badly he could have easily been sacked several times this season.

Xaviboy

If he ends up staying then he needs to sort out that midfield.

His main transfer target should be a very mobile defensive midfielder to go in with Manoo. Bruno plays ahead of them.

Keep Amarabt as squad option and another midfielder.

Casemiro and Eriksen to go.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We still conceded a hatful of chances, conceded 2. Better from our attacking players but there is never any control in any match. He cannot stay.

Disgraceful that he's gone with Antony so many times over Diallo.
Today's game was different. Our personnel and theirs were a match and they are close to us as a team anyway. They absolutely murdered us away with our basketball rubbish; we did very well today with what we have; even could say we played to the sum of the parts out there, which is practically unheard of this season.

It was always likely to be a back and forth affair as, unless full strength, the teams can beat each other maybe 6-4 out of 10 games.

AndOr Hererra

I don’t see how you could be upset at fans who paid to be there, voicing their displeasure in literally the only way in which it can get noticed.

TheReligion

Abusive
United fans booing the manager is disgraceful. Yes, we've been poor this season but he has balls for doing this and I rate him. 3 points against Brighton and we go to Wembley gave me goosebumps. We will bring this cup back to old Trafford got me sitting up in my seat. That's the passion we need to see more of. ETH is staying at Manchester United. He's been told he will be there next season. He's not going anywhere. Give him the players and get rid of the deadwood. Back him like Arsenal backed Arteta.
What are you on about

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
People are moaning that there was booing which is absurd. Fans can boo if it is warranted and ETH has done nothing that should be cheered. If this was any other club that we were watching we would be stunned and also laughing our heads off that our fans could be so naive to continue backing a guy that took 37 league games to find a system that works. As much as we like to give players stick for the money they make, just remember that ETH isn't paid peanuts and he has performed so badly he could have easily been sacked several times this season.
This.

If you don't want to boo, don't do it. But don't go around lecturing other fans about the "proper" way to express themselves after this unmitigated disaster of a season.

despairingfool

We should play 4 midfielders vs city with Fernandes up front with Hojlund. Garnacho, Rashford, Amad to come on 2nd half.

Ace of Spades

We definitely had control for portions of that match, even if it still wasn’t enough.
Not really, we attacked for a bit but I would not say that was control. At no point we passed the ball around and get them frustrated. We have not tried that for the whole season so maybe expecting that is not good, but I still hope we can learn how to take the sting out of games at some point.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not really, we attacked for a bit but I would not say that was control. At no point we passed the ball around and get them frustrated. We have not tried that for the whole season so maybe expecting that is not good, but I still hope we can learn how to take the sting out of games at some point.
I dunno I felt like we did.

United fans booing the manager is disgraceful. Yes, we've been poor this season but he has balls for doing this and I rate him. 3 points against Brighton and we go to Wembley gave me goosebumps. We will bring this cup back to old Trafford got me sitting up in my seat. That's the passion we need to see more of. ETH is staying at Manchester United. He's been told he will be there next season. He's not going anywhere. Give him the players and get rid of the deadwood. Back him like Arsenal backed Arteta.
Didn’t like the booing agreed but the rest of your post is pure wummary.

EI Beatle

''i promise these players will give everything to bring back the cup to OT''

shame they didn't give everything just a week ago in London

eire-red

I'm not going to vote because I'm just too much on the fence. I was stronger in my EtH out feelings a few weeks ago.

I don't know what it is in me that still wants to give him the benefit of doubt. How has EtH gone from being such a well regarded coach at Ajax to almost a farce for us?

The other side of keeping him is that it sends a message to the dressing room that Ineos are willing to purge the players before the manager.

Ace of Spades

XG was 1.27 to 1.97... for Newcastle. But I'm sure we won't hear talk of that today, it's the result that matters :lol:
That was without the pen that was not given.

Happy we won at least our last home game, but it was not a great game.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
re. the fans. They have paid a fortune to support the team and been short-changed for the majority of the season with us serving up the worst season of the lot post-Fergie. Some are going to voice their displeasure about that, as it their right to.

Waynne

Who's an obvious candidate though?
That's up to the new CEO, technical director and incoming DOF to figure out. I was just offering my opinion on this matter. I can say Tuchel or De Zerbi or Southgate but any of those choices might be faced with backlash anyways. You can't please everyone.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Typical kneejerk reaction, football fans are hopeless.
Heaven forbid anyone enjoy a good win on a Manchester United fan forum.

I thought the game management was really good, the tactical choices caused Newcastle significant issues too.

It was a good performance.

Lentwood

Was it actually United fans booing? Or was it Newcastle fans?

I'd be quite surprised if it was United fans to be honest. Its not the sort of thing the match-going fans do really.