Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That was quite good wasn’t it?

I don’t think he’s going anywhere.
The last 2 games he's definitely changed systems a bit. The frustrating bit is that he stubbornly stuck to the same failing, chaotic but garbage football all season with no intention to try to control anything. A full season of questionable decisions. Getting more control in midfield now by keeping more players there naturally just makes a big difference and we likely wouldn't have had this calamitous of a season if he had done this sooner. Still, better late than never. Hopefully we can do something respectable against Brighton and go into the cup final with some hope.

It's tuchel or him imo. Haven't paid attention much today but if tuchel is staying then ten hag will stay as well I'd say. Wouldn't want anyone else right now.

mu4c_20le

We have such an odd fanbase. One decent performance and a two minute speech and the fans are back onside, like the season never happened.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
United fans booing the manager is disgraceful. Yes, we've been poor this season but he has balls for doing this and I rate him. 3 points against Brighton and we go to Wembley gave me goosebumps. We will bring this cup back to old Trafford got me sitting up in my seat. That's the passion we need to see more of. ETH is staying at Manchester United. He's been told he will be there next season. He's not going anywhere. Give him the players and get rid of the deadwood. Back him like Arsenal backed Arteta.
Do you write fiction or this is a one-off?

FortunaUtd

Heaven forbid anyone enjoy a good win on a Manchester United fan forum.

I thought the game management was really good, the tactical choices caused Newcastle significant issues too.

It was a good performance.
I enjoyed the game very much. https://www.redcafe.net/matches/manchester-united-vs-newcastle-united.568/page-18#post-31949338

But you were the one connecting the performance to the question of Ten Hag staying so don't play that card when you get pushback.

Waynne

I think if he wins cup final he stays.
I don't think the future of the club will rest on a cup win. Van Gaal was fired after winning a cup. Whatever decision from the higher ups (if there was any taken) would have been made already and wouldn't depend on a win or loss. Just my 2 cents

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think the future of the club will rest on a cup win. Van Gaal was fired after winning a cup. Whatever decision from the higher ups (if there was any taken) would have been made already and wouldn't depend on a win or loss. Just my 2 cents
Yeah - and if Tuchel is staying at Bayern I'd be surprised if they decided to sack Ten Hag given the market. I'm sure they're looking at how desperate Bayern are too and thinking "Nah this isn't the right market yet"

TheReligion

Abusive
We have such an odd fanbase. One decent performance and a two minute speech and the fans are back onside, like the season never happened.
Funny you call the fanbase odd when even Jamie Carragher was blown away by the support away to Palace..

Best fans in the world. Its the idiots on here that let the club down.

CloneMC16

Like Paul Merson said the other night. It's like Ten Hag has the Neuralyzer from Men In Black. He speaks and people start backing him again.

The last two games were better, but I can't accept 90% of the other horrible performances this season. We could win the FA Cup and I'd still say he should be sacked the day after.

Waynne

I'm not bringing the place down :lol:

I don't affect anything here, I give my opinion like everyone else.

If you don't like it then cool, no problem.
Bringing the place down is a bit over dramatic, my god.

Just an observation but some people in this forum really need to check themselves when offering a reply.

We are all here offering opinions and an opinion is to be respected regardless of what you as an individual think. Agree with it, disagree with it and move on without the drama.

FortunaUtd

Yeah - and if Tuchel is staying at Bayern I'd be surprised if they decided to sack Ten Hag given the market. I'm sure they're looking at how desperate Bayern are too and thinking "Nah this isn't the right market yet"
I am 100% sure Ten Hag will be sacked when the season ends. No club with a resemblance of sanity in the board room accepts this kind of season.

HookedOnAPhelan

Like Paul Merson said the other night. It's like Ten Hag has the Neuralyzer from Men In Black. He speaks and people start backing him again.

The last two games were better, but I can't accept 90% of the other horrible performances this season. We could win the FA Cup and I'd still say he should be sacked the day after.
Yeah and Paul Merson is definitely someone worth listening to. Brilliant man.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Not all of them but we have a serious of case Arsenitis in our fanbase.
Some posters being a bit dour isn’t an excuse to call them arsey.

Unless you think the only thing holding us back is fan standards?
The last 2 games he's definitely changed systems a bit. The frustrating bit is that he stubbornly stuck to the same failing, chaotic but garbage football all season with no intention to try to control anything. A full season of questionable decisions. Getting more control in midfield now by keeping more players there naturally just makes a big difference and we likely wouldn't have had this calamitous of a season if he had done this sooner. Still, better late than never. Hopefully we can do something respectable against Brighton and go into the cup final with some hope.

It's tuchel or him imo. Haven't paid attention much today but if tuchel is staying then ten hag will stay as well I'd say. Wouldn't want anyone else right now.
Developments with Tuchel for me has killed the chance of him arriving at United.
I’m just enjoying a good performance and some cracking goals.

I don’t think that Ten Hag has had a great season not even a good one, but in full context it’s not the end of the world if he stays and we see what happens.

I enjoyed the game very much. https://www.redcafe.net/matches/manchester-united-vs-newcastle-united.568/page-18#post-31949338

But you were the one connecting the performance to the question of Ten Hag staying so don't play that card when you get pushback.
I deal with pushback perfectly well. I genuinely thought some of you would be in greater spirits after a good performance and some cracking goals.

Clearly I was working under a misapprehension.

I do think people need to brace themselves for Ten Hag staying. Make peace with it and give him some support and backing.

Let’s not turn this place toxic unnecessarily.

edgecutter

It's mad, isn't it? Lose against Brighton and the excuse will be that the focus is on the FA Cup. Lose the cup and it will be the players that let him down.

The problem with keeping him is once we lose a game at the start of next season the knives will be out. The fans patience has worn so thin that he won't survive if a bad patch comes and it could derail the season early on.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Let's be honest, the cold, hard decision to make is to bin him off. Results this season have been pathetic. However, it's irrelevant what we say on this glorious forum. What's relevant is what actually happens.

ETH does not strike me as a man who's seen the writing on the wall. Maybe he's amazing at keeping a cool head but just maybe, they're going to give him another season.

Don't know how I feel about that. On the one hand, this season has been basically constant misery but on the other I kind of like the gimp.

Mike Smalling

I've been extremely disappointed with him this season, but there is a part of me that would like to see how he could do in a season with much more consistency in player availability. He needs some support in transfers and then not be so stubborn in player selection.

Even ignoring injuries, it's been bad enough to justify getting rid of him, though.

stevoc

That's up to the new CEO, technical director and incoming DOF to figure out. I was just offering my opinion on this matter. I can say Tuchel or De Zerbi or Southgate but any of those choices might be faced with backlash anyways. You can't please everyone.
So how do you know there's no obvious candidate in that case?

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
I've been extremely disappointed with him this season, but there is a part of me that would like to see how he could do in a season with much more consistency in player availability. He needs some support in transfers and then not be so stubborn in player selection.

Even ignoring injuries, it's been bad enough to justify getting rid of him, though.
Completely fair and sensible take.

If he gets sacked absolutely no complaints because it’s sackable.

But just because something is sackable doesn’t mean that’s always the best choice.

Short term pain? Here’s hoping that this season was just that.

FortunaUtd

I deal with pushback perfectly well. I genuinely thought some of you would be in greater spirits after a good performance and some cracking goals.

Clearly I was working under a misapprehension.

I do think people need to brace themselves for Ten Hag staying. Make peace with it and give him some support and backing.

Let’s not turn this place toxic unnecessarily.
I was in great spirits until you came along, as you would, doing your thing and conjuring up the specter of another season of Ten Hag :lol:

But in honesty, let's enjoy the win and there are plenty of positives today.

RedRocket08

Bad performances aside, I do think it's poor form to boo him if some of our fans did that (and I think that wasn't just Toon fans). He's got to sort out his midfield balance and tactics if he's staying next season, he definitely needs to do that if he wants to win the cup. Casemiro/AwB really need to go along with the rest who are confirmed leaving - Wan Bissaka has been really bad for a while now, and nearly gave this game away at 2-1, I was so annoyed when I saw that. I think we have found a competent wide player in Amad, so hopefully we can offload Sancho this summer and not spend on Olise. Defensive/DM starters and squad options are much needed this summer if we want to be anywhere near top 4 next year, along with some adjustments from Ten Hag around game management.

I voted that he shouldn't be here next season, but I can understand if he stays on due to a lack of good alternatives for United.

mu4c_20le

Funny you call the fanbase odd when even Jamie Carragher was blown away by the support away to Palace..

Best fans in the world. Its the idiots on here that let the club down.
Riiight... best is subjective, but we're certainly patient and agonizingly sentimental at times.

SB16

The fact that he can coach a somewhat more compact team as shown against Arsenal and Newcastle makes me even more annoyed at the tactical bullshit he's pulled all season. Borderline sabotage.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Waynne

I offered my opinion on this matter saying that maybe giving Ten Hag a chance under Berrada, Wilcox and potentially Ashworth might be an option and that there are no obvious candidates to replace him and I've had 1 or 2 strong replies to that.

Another manager feels like another reset. Yes we've done bad this season but also have been ravaged with injuries. Whatever the case the highers ups have some tough calls to make.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
No he's always been Ten Hag in and still will be if we're in a relegation scrap next season. Top reds gonna top red.
That’s an unfair misrepresentation of my position.

To be clear this season hasn’t been good. Ten Hag absolutely could be sacked and if he was I’d back the next appointment made by INEOS. If he is sacked then he can’t complain.

Im just not entirely sure it’s the best thing for us to do given the available candidates to take over and also the severe injury levels and instability he’s dealt with.

We won’t be in a relegation scrap but there are limits as to what I’d put up with and mine have been pushed an awful lot this season but just not quite over the edge.

hobbers

Another manager feels like another reset. Yes we've done bad this season but also have been ravaged with injuries. Whatever the case the highers ups have some tough calls to make.
It's another reset even if Ten Hag stayed. Whole squad needs culled.

mythz

Our worst season ever in the Premier League.

Hopefully they sack him soon. 2 matches left