g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
When was the last time Sancho worked his ass off like Garnacho or Hannibal did yesterday?

Fans aren't fools. They watches you every week. Lack of talent is acceptable but lack of effort isn't.
Probably at fifa?

PieCrust

An interview. That'll be fine, I'm sure. No further fall out.

Who is advising this kid? His every action in this saga has been right at the top of the list of things not to do. He's actively tanking his career at this point. He's not talented enough for any club to put up with his drama, and soon enough he'll lose his other advantage, his age.

honirelandboy

Cut our losses on this wasted is the best thing. He could of cementing his place on the right wing with the Anthony allegations but chap is a man child, need rid of that culture of players thinking there better than they are United.

Revaulx

An interview. That'll be fine, I'm sure. No further fall out.

Who is advising this kid? His every action in this saga has been right at the top of the list of things not to do. He's actively tanking his career at this point. He's not talented enough for any club to put up with his drama, and soon enough he'll lose his other advantage, his age.
Richard Arnold, to ensure the club has grounds to sack him for gross misconduct?

saivet

Not sure how much of it is true.

I doubt it.

I don't think he's a high enough profile, or that interesting a story for Piers Morgan.

I also think Sancho doing a long form recorded interview is out of character too. This a guy that would rarely speak to the media after games too, that I don't think it would make any sense.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

No way this is true.

If he does an interview, the only thing he'll be clearing is any doubt in the minds of the fans he's a spoiled and lazy clown.

But if it happens and he continues to not turn up to training, then keep docking his wages until he does and so he ends up being banished and not paid.

Just ridiculous entitlement.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You are assuming United were not aware of potential character issues at the time of the transfer.

It is not like they were secret...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ussia-Dortmund-training-sleeping-problem.html

They may have thought the risk was worth the reward, or they had assurances from Sancho that any issues were in the past.
The average fan can analyse his style of game while more learned one can interpret stats. That's were the our realms of knowledge end. We have like near zero inside knowledge about what makes the player ticks, his attitude off the pitch etc. That's why we are discussing football at the CAF while the likes of Murtough are making crazy money in football. If I remember well Ole got a 7.5m compensation. That's quite significant.

CasaStreets

Quite happy to have Sancho and Antony continue to be unavailable, it may be the only thing capable of convincing ETH that we’re higher-performing without them.

Lee565

This probably doing the club a favour, if he does an interview he is not only giving those above eth no compelling argument to block the sale that eth will clearly want asap but also no respectable club in Europe will want such a disruptive player in their locker room and leaves him the only the option to chase money instead of trophies which would point to Saudi money and afford him the opportunity to half ass it in training and spend more time playing fifa

Sgreddevil

Hope he does a ronaldo interview and give the club a reason to terminate him without recourse

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I doubt it.

I don't think he's a high enough profile, or that interesting a story for Piers Morgan.

I also think Sancho doing a long form recorded interview is out of character too. This a guy that would rarely speak to the media after games too, that I don't think it would make any sense.
If he did do it then you can be sure that Morgan will frame it as a "United has a toxic culture" story. It'll also include quotes from unnamed, unverifiable, sources who say that Ten Hag whips players daily if they don't do well during their hehding training regime, or fail to call him Sir Heh of Hehddington.

Polar

He may have cost 70M but he's by no means a 70M player currently. He's hasn't played as one since he arrived here. The standards are set by the manager and must be respected, if the manager thinks you're not doing good enough on training guess what? you're not doing good enough. It's not up to the player to decide weather he's doing enough or not, that's the manager's job. The player has to prove the manager wrong by performing not by bitching on social media. This one it's all on Sancho, he should had just shut up and prove ten Hag wrong by putting the effort.
Most people agree he isn’t a £70m player today, but most people also agree he was a £70m player when we bought him (maybe even more). So if someone want to devalue players, just send them to us;)

didz

If he does do an interview (and I doubt he will), I'd imagine it would be a case of his agent seeing our reported £60m asking price and figuring they'd rather have that in their pocket.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
An interview that no one cares about. Good luck with that, will make him look like an even bigger twat as he has zero success or performances to back up his status

peridigm

Hope he does a ronaldo interview and give the club a reason to terminate him without recourse
I don't know what the numbers are on his contract but it would probably be cheaper for us in the long run to terminate his contract now rather than sell him on the cheap after agreeing to subsidize his high wages because he's not getting half of what United are paying him elsewhere.

gaffs

The average fan can analyse his style of game while more learned one can interpret stats. That's were the our realms of knowledge end. We have like near zero inside knowledge about what makes the player ticks, his attitude off the pitch etc. That's why we are discussing football at the CAF while the likes of Murtough are making crazy money in football. If I remember well Ole got a 7.5m compensation. That's quite significant.
Really. I think the majority of football fans now act like armchair psychologists.

Your original point was that the blame for this sage lies with the ineptitude at ownership level and those on the non playing football side.

As i pointed out, the warning signs on Sancho were public, therefore the club knew. As did the fans like yourself who said he would be an "excellent player that would help us big time in winning the EPL".

All this would have been taken into consideration alongside his undeniable talent and productivity at Dortmund. The club must have thought he was worth signing regardless.

Was there a commercial element to the transfer? Probably. United do have a track record of signing players that appear to be "marketable". Mason Mount may be the latest in that line.

gaffs

Totally agree. If Ronaldo calls out issues at the club, he has the experience and gravitas for people to take notice.

Unless he plans to say he has mental health issues and the club and manager have not supported him.

vanderpants

Absolutely astonishing lack of self awareness. Is he doing this because the manager said he's always late or is this just normal for him?
Not sure what else is involved, he's never been the best for time keeping but for the past couple of months it's been going downhill rapidly, he's not even allowed to park in the first team car park anymore. He's getting coached alone by Huddleston and Dempsey

Waynne

Well if he does that, I hope they have the decency to hold the interview live. That way when he's 20 minutes late and looking like he just got dragged out of bed, it will be good for the authenticity.
:lol:

crossy1686

career ending
Not sure what else is involved, he's never been the best for time keeping but for the past couple of months it's been going downhill rapidly, he's not even allowed to park in the first team car park anymore. He's getting coached alone by Huddleston and Dempsey
It's a sad state of affairs that he's allowing this to happen to his own career. Is there a belief that he's doing this to force a move or is there genuine reason for him to feel aggrieved? Also, what's the collective take on this? Support for the manager who has been mostly reasonable?

vanderpants

It's a sad state of affairs that he's allowing this to happen to his own career. Is there a belief that he's doing this to force a move or is there genuine reason for him to feel aggrieved? Also, what's the collective take on this? Support for the manager who has been mostly reasonable?
Obviously can't speak for the first team but a lot of Immediate staff around the first team all support ETH, there's more to it than just being late, apparently his attitude isnt the best, when I've seen him around Carrington he's always friendly and polite though

Eriku

If he really goes on Piers Morgan… :lol:

I’m happy with the part he played in speeding up Ronaldo’s exit.

FerociousCorgis

really hope we dont just cancel his contract. Would allow him to play somewhere else, as im sure someone would easily take a chance on him. If we can get a proper transfer-or at least as close as possible, then that would be the route to go. If not we just start fining him his wages for not doing training/being late whatever. See how much he enjoys his 3 am fifa sessions with no paycheck

Mercurial

How does everyone know without any uncertainty that Sancho games till 3am? Am I missing something? We have no insight into his personal life. Not defending him, just stating the obvious.
He has a public Fifa handle he plays on, so it's easy to track.

Jeffthered

This player, and the attention, perceived relevance and importance given to this player is pathetic.

Who cares if he gives an interview or not?

The guy is a waste of time. Training with the ressies' and taking £375k a week. An embarassment.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
At this rate, Piers Morgan would become a United legend if another interview of his results in helping us get rid of another entitled twat.

Doubt the interview story’s true though.

Castia

:lol:

Would be the worst thing he could possibly do. There will be loads of people coming forward with Sancho unprofessional stories it’s been known for years