g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The whole situation got out of hand. ETH could have and should have spoke privately to Sancho behind closed doors. Go in as rough as you want behind closed doors. I don’t think Fergie would have ever called out a player. We could have at least tried to get sancho into some sort of form leading up to January and then by all means sell him when he’ll have more teams interested. Who’s gonna be interested in a player that teams now think doesn’t put in effort in training and someone that’s not played for months. You never heard Dortmund managers come out and say he doesn’t work hard in training… he got started week in week out for Dortmund. It could be a case of Sancho not trying in training as he feels it’s pointless because ETH is another Ole who plays people based on relationships other than form. Rashfords been out of form all season but when as he ever been dropped? Antony hasn’t exactly lit up the league either but he’ll start most games when fit. So players are gonna be wondering it doesn’t matter how well I do in training, I still ain’t getting picked. This isn’t me defending Sancho btw. Just a theory…

AndySmith1990

Anyone laying blame at the feet of Ten Hag is out of order. The whole mess is completely the fault of the lazy prick who doesn't feel like doing his job

fallengt

Damn, I'm convinced people that defending Sancho are not really believe whatever they say, no one can be this daft. They just use it as a stick to beat ETH because result isn't picking up
That happens when you let 11+1 rich men control your emotions

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Anyone laying blame at the feet of Ten Hag is out of order. The whole mess is completely the fault of the lazy prick who doesn't feel like doing his job
Of course this is 100% on Sancho. Probably the same fans couldnt wait to kick out DDG and now beg him to come back.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
You never heard Dortmund managers come out and say he doesn’t work hard in training… he got started week in week out for Dortmund.
This just isn't true. There were a few occasions when Sancho was late or broke some other rule and got benched oe dropped from the squad for that. It did never escalate like it did now, but there were some problems. He even used the "I feel like a scapegoat" statement then as well.

STYLOISRED

Pep has the gravitas to do it. His team respect him and follow his every word, if they don't, the know the consequence.

Ten Hag isn't at that level. He currently cant get a tune out of his team.
Yes this comment is stupid to be blunt. He is the manager and results ultimately fall on him. Saying he doesn't have the right to call out underperforming players is just silly and shows a genuine lack of understanding of how football hierarchy works.

STYLOISRED

No, you deal with it internally. Don't air your dirty laundry in public!
How is saying " based on training we didn't feel he was up to the level for this game" dirty laundry?? I honestly do not understand how some people think!

RedDevilQuebecois

Absolutely. I don't know how Sancho has been raised as a person, but the end product we see now is utterly pathetic. He should know that life as a footballer demands the following things:
  • Obey the manager's orders/instructions
  • Work your socks off in training
  • Outperform players with whom you compete for a spot
If he can't follow those simple guidelines, I can guarantee that his career will finish in the same shitter that Amin Younes did. Heck, I don't think he could get a stable job as a regular employee in any domain with that attitude.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
"Different manager" :rolleyes:

ETH is not going anywhere.
Sancho can get fecked for all I care.

Bondi77

I am trying to work out who put Sancho on his own personal training program and gave him time out of the spotlight to get his life and career back on track after he was apparently feeling jaded and upset about losing his England squad place?

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Chelsea always backed the players instead of the manager. Else, Lampard, Drogba, Hazard would have left ages ago. Sancho was once one the brightest starlets in football.

You can do what the feck you want as manager, but you have to play either pleasing to the eye or compete for the big 'uns. Ten Haag is doing neither of it despite spending City esque monies.
He's gotta go and the time is now!
And find a system for Sancho, he should be one of the main men.

Jerom

Chelsea always backed the players instead of the manager. Else, Lampard, Drogba, Hazard would have left ages ago. Sancho was once one the brightest starlets in football.

You can do what the feck you want as manager, but you have to play either pleasing to the eye or compete for the big 'uns. Ten Haag is doing neither of it despite spending City esque monies.
Hahahahaha, you're joking, are you?

Please say you're joking?

crossy1686

career ending

Yes, because his performances while he's been here really scream "I'm the main man"...

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yes, because his performances while he's been here really scream "I'm the main man"...
The boy was toying with the defenders in the Bundesliga for years and later on formed an excellent partnership with Erling.

The idea that Sancho has lost all of that looks bs to me. He's a baller and it's time to give him confidence under the right leadership.

Ten Haag is a mad man, currently questioning Case. He's got problems with everyone...

Craig Ward

This is such a vile comment it's unreal.

What a backwards attitude you have.

crossy1686

career ending
The boy was toying with the defenders in the Bundesliga for years and later on formed an excellent partnership with Erling.

The idea that Sancho has lost all of that looks bs to me. He's a baller and it's time to give him confidence under the right leadership.

Ten Haag is a mad man, currently questioning Case. He's got problems with everyone...
Okay, then I guess we'll have to sign Haaland, Hakimi, and move United to the Bundesliga to get a tune out of him, because he's been fecking shite since he arrived in England.

He's never been a baller, he was a good player in a shit league. Now he's an average player in a good league.

M16Red

How did you type that while playing Fifa, Sanch?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What a twat. He needs to go.

If he can't go to bed on time and train well, he won't be successful anywhere under any manager.
Question is, what came first? This behaviour or him feeling being treated unfairly? We don't know if and how this spiraled out of control. If you think it doesn't matter what you do, you stop caring. Especially if you don't have the strongest mentality from the start.

Castia

Let’s have it right Sancho has got what he always wanted - an excuse to not play football. His entire attitude and character are that of somebody who just can’t be bothered. He’s been accused of unprofessionalism at every club he’s been at and with England.

I have no idea what his team and family are advising though because if it was public knowledge that he can’t even be fecked to get out of bed and make training I’d be slapping the lazy little cnut around the head. Absolute embarrassment to the game.

Withnail

Question is, what came first? This behaviour or him feeling being treated unfairly? We don't know if and how this spiraled out of control. If you think it doesn't matter what you do, you stop caring. Especially if you don't have the strongest mentality from the start.
He was at the same crack during his time at Dortmund. It's a long standing issue with him. I don't know if we were aware of it when we bought or if we assumed he'd put it behind him and knuckled down.

I'm not sure it really matters what came first. Players with the right attitude try extra hard at training to be better and to get into the team. He's been given chances and never really performed for us. We don't need players who don't perform, don't train well and then cry on twitter about the tiniest criticism from the manager. He's being ridiculous.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Okay, then I guess we'll have to sign Haaland, Hakimi, and move United to the Bundesliga to get a tune out of him, because he's been fecking shite since he arrived in England.

He's never been a baller, he was a good player in a shit league. Now he's an average player in a good league.
You could also sign Alcacer and make Pisczcek ten years younger, it's not like Sancho depended on those two specifically. Playing a certain playmaking role and being fielded alongside players that support him of course helps him, but he showed good performances in lots of different tactical setups for Dortmund, he is not a "system player" as is so often claimed.

He was an excellent player in a good league, he never truly arrived in an excellent league for whatever reason. It's not necessary to call the BL a shit league, the difference is definitely there but you make it sound to condescending.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
It's not a question.
There are reports of Sancho's low work rate and questionable training attitude in City and BVB.
He is who he is.
Just as Mourinho was right about Pogba, ETH is right.

Rockets Redglare

Sancho has had time keeping and attitude issues since he was a teenager at City, at every club since and even with England.

Unless he’s still upset that he was surplus to requirements at City that argument doesn’t wash.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He was at the same crack during his time at Dortmund. It's a long standing issue with him. I don't know if we were aware of it when we bought or if we assumed he'd put it behind him and knuckled down.

I'm not sure it really matters what came first. Players with the right attitude try extra hard at training to be better and to get into the team. He's been given chances and never really performed for us. We don't need players who don't perform, don't train well and then cry on twitter about the tiniest criticism from the manager. He's being ridiculous.
Yes he always had these tendencies, but it never was consistently as bad as it is now in Manchester. Something caused this to get worse and I think it is a valid question if the club did mismanage this little snowflake.

Oranges038

Now you've gone and done it.

Bundesliga defence force assemble...

Castia

Yes he always had these tendencies, but it never was consistently as bad as it is now in Manchester. Something caused this to get worse and I think it is a valid question if the club did mismanage this little snowflake.
I remember his first season he disappeared towards the back end of that season and the word from the club was dental issues if I remember correctly…I mean it seemed sus at the time especially as he was seen in New York etc whilst we were still finishing the season

Last season he went missing and word got out is was a mental issue…..ok he was gone for 3 months or whatever it was

And now he’s gone because of this ‘spat’ with the manager and when you watch ETH’s comment back it’s an absolute non issue that he’s made a big deal of. He’s just doesn’t have the fight or desire to play the game seriously, being away from football on the PS5 is probably the happiest time in his life.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No they aren't and the people that keep saying that are coming across like some kind of **** now.

You have people who support us and people who hate us now saying that maybe ETH should have handled it differently but on here you have posters in denial posting the same shit over and over..... refusing to entertain the thought.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I remember his first season he disappeared towards the back end of that season and the word from the club was dental issues if I remember correctly…I mean it seemed sus at the time especially as he was seen in New York etc whilst we were still finishing the season

Last season he went missing and word got out is was a mental issue…..ok he was gone for 3 months or whatever it was

And now he’s gone because of this ‘spat’ with the manager and when you watch ETH’s comment back it’s an absolute non issue that he’s made a big deal of. He’s just doesn’t have the fight or desire to play the game seriously, being away from football on the PS5 is probably the happiest time in his life.
And yet he fought and carried Dortmund to a cup win and was their main attacking player for more than half of his four years as a senior player there.

He is how he is and obviously lacks a lot, but I just can't stop wondering why Dortmund could motivate him to fight and United can't.

I don't say this to defend him, I definitely see him as the main culprit in this story, but it grinds my gears to see such an amazing youngster turn to this nothingness.

Castia

And yet he fought and carried Dortmund to a cup win and was their main attacking player for more than half of his four years as a senior player there.

He is how he is and obviously lacks a lot, but I just can't stop wondering why Dortmund could motivate him to fight and United can't.

I don't say this to defend him, I definitely see him as the main culprit in this story, but it grinds my gears to see such an amazing youngster turn to this nothingness.
A player that’s always had motivational issues who's suddenly on 350k at United is probably the reason

I mean I dont know if the story is true but didn’t Dortmund have to hire a chauffeur to get him to training? laughable

Born2Lose

So you’re unable to separate yourself from a guy you think is so much worse than you and then expect sympathy from anyone? C'mon :lol:

Someone of his supposed caliber would've been expected to outplay and outgraft those in the way of a starting spot instead of throwing in the towel and crying to the press...
Sometimes it feels like I'm supporting an under 14s boys team and not Manchester United.

Withnail

There's only so much you can do. They've tried to keep things in house for the longest time and even went as far as sending him away last season. Whether that was the right thing to do or not we can't know without knowing the details of his situation but you can't be over-indulgent with a single player especially if he's not performing and he can't get into the squad if he's not training to the required standard.

pascell

No, his main partnership was with Hakimi, he was the one that afforded Sancho so much space by dragging defenders away.

I was a massive Sancho fan and a big advocate of his signing, I even backed him to the hilt during his first season but I learnt a while back that he's mentality and physically just not up to playing in the PL.