g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
No, his main partnership was with Hakimi, he was the one that afforded Sancho so much space by dragging defenders away.
Please at least get the facts right. Sancho played four seasons for Dortmund, Hakimi just one. Haaland one and a half together with Sancho. Calling one of them his main partnership simply ignores the timeline.

yamo123x

If Sancho as he says, truly loves the club and will give his all for the badge, why isnt he apologising and knuckling down and earning his 325k a week. Why is he not trying to prove his doubters wrong?
The longer this drags on, the more i dislike the player and dont believe a single word he says.

As for people leaking stuff to the media, shame on them. The media circus about UTD every day is asttounding and the fools leaking stuff to them should be identified publicly, maybe JS is one of those.

m1tch

Charming attitude! Playing Fifa for a £300k / w hoping we implode so he gets a new coach... what a winner attitude!
Any new manager that doesn't shift him on at their first opportunity is a total mug. He'll revert back to old ways in less time than it takes EA Sports to release new FIFA games.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Any new manager that doesn't shift him on at their first opportunity is a total mug. He'll revert back to old ways in less time than it takes EA Sports to release new FIFA games.
That would be my condition as manager, guarantee Sancho and Maguire are not in the squad then I'll sign. (Probably add a few other common denominators)

Shinjch

Sancho's handling of the whole situation has been embarrassing. You have to wonder who is advising him, if he is getting any advice from anyone.
It's one thing to be acting like this if you have a track record of good performance/success to fall back on, but he has delivered nothing in a United shirt as of yet.
Really shows that there is a belief within the squad/club that the players can get rid of a coach when push comes to shove. No matter who the coach is, players like this need to be out the door as soon as possible.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Just out of curiosity, a question for the people who want to get rid of Sancho immediately in January, imagine the following:
Sancho's price is now around 35-40 million because the whole world knows that MU doesn't plan with him and wants to get rid of him at any price. In January, only 2 clubs show interest and are willing to buy him for that price. If Sancho is not sold to one of these two clubs, his price will drop to 20 million in the summer.
The two clubs in question are Liverpool and ManCity.
So the question is:
Do you sell him to one of them because he sucks anyway (Antony is better, works harder) and is a petulant little bastard (too big an ego, doesn't integrate into the team, doesn't apologise to the manager) so one of the rivals suffers too?
Or are you afraid that Klopp/Pep will somehow get to grips with him so that he is suddenly back in top form, so that you are prepared to take a major financial loss but wait until the summer to sell him at a lower price but not to Klopp/Pep?
There’s more chances of us re-signing Pogba than either club being interested in Sancho.

mk7

Yes this comment is stupid to be blunt. He is the manager and results ultimately fall on him. Saying he doesn't have the right to call out underperforming players is just silly and shows a genuine lack of understanding of how football hierarchy works.
This.

it’s the players that have to please the manager not the other way around. Might be the source of our problems …

Last edited:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Almost laughable how many expensive flops we’ve had over the past decade.

AshRK

The whole situation got out of hand. ETH could have and should have spoke privately to Sancho behind closed doors. Go in as rough as you want behind closed doors. I don’t think Fergie would have ever called out a player. We could have at least tried to get sancho into some sort of form leading up to January and then by all means sell him when he’ll have more teams interested. Who’s gonna be interested in a player that teams now think doesn’t put in effort in training and someone that’s not played for months. You never heard Dortmund managers come out and say he doesn’t work hard in training… he got started week in week out for Dortmund. It could be a case of Sancho not trying in training as he feels it’s pointless because ETH is another Ole who plays people based on relationships other than form. Rashfords been out of form all season but when as he ever been dropped? Antony hasn’t exactly lit up the league either but he’ll start most games when fit. So players are gonna be wondering it doesn’t matter how well I do in training, I still ain’t getting picked. This isn’t me defending Sancho btw. Just a theory…
No, this is you defending Sancho and nothing else. It's not eth who made the mess , it was Sancho's childish behavior and his tweet that caused everything.

Devil77

Saw the Beckham documentary yesterday and was thinking about when Becks was dropped by Capello and forced to train on his own. Still showed up every day, put in hard work and was eventually reinstated in the starting lineup. Wish Sancho was at least a tenth of a man (and player) as Becks.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Saw the Beckham documentary yesterday and was thinking about when Becks was dropped by Capello and forced to train on his own. Still showed up every day, put in hard work and was eventually reinstated in the starting lineup. Wish Sancho was at least a tenth of a man (and player) as Becks.
And look how he fought back after the WC disaster. Thats the attitude that is needed, not playing PS to miss training

cpresc

I really hope after watching the Beckham documentary that he is indeed a significant figure in a future Qatari setup - he would provide inspiration, authenticity and empathy.

Recent reports said he contacted Maguire to help him out - this is exactly the type of leader we should have in the club. He'd definitely help out Sancho in this situation and would 100% back the manager given his Fergie upbringing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Beyond Pep and Kelvin Phillips, tell me another manager that has said one of his players levels were not upto standard in training?
Mourinho said Mkhitaryan needed to "do more" before being selected for the club, back when he joined and was never making the starting lineup.

AshRK

Beyond Pep and Kelvin Phillips, tell me another manager that has said one of his players levels were not upto standard in training?
We hear that many times. Let us stop pretending this is some kind of public abuse.

Sancho's questioned was asked and he answered. Had he not responded, it would have created more confusion. Eitherway eth saying didn't create the drama, it was Sancho's tweet which is creating this.

Taribo's Gap

I really hope after watching the Beckham documentary that he is indeed a significant figure in a future Qatari setup - he would provide inspiration, authenticity and empathy.

Recent reports said he contacted Maguire to help him out - this is exactly the type of leader we should have in the club. He'd definitely help out Sancho in this situation and would 100% back the manager given his Fergie upbringing.
Thought you were talking about Sancho there at the beginning and was very, very confused.

No only is he playing video games all night, but he's sprawled out in bed, munching on snacks, watching Netflix docos and he gets this kind of effusive praise?!?

alexthelion

How?

I somehow think if he had played it with a straight bat, it would not have been back page of every paper the next day.
It wouldn't have been on the back pages if Sacho hadn't posted what he did.

Otherwise it was a one-liner that would have been forgotten in 10 minutes.

alexthelion

The whole situation got out of hand. ETH could have and should have spoke privately to Sancho behind closed doors. Go in as rough as you want behind closed doors. I don’t think Fergie would have ever called out a player. We could have at least tried to get sancho into some sort of form leading up to January and then by all means sell him when he’ll have more teams interested. Who’s gonna be interested in a player that teams now think doesn’t put in effort in training and someone that’s not played for months. You never heard Dortmund managers come out and say he doesn’t work hard in training… he got started week in week out for Dortmund. It could be a case of Sancho not trying in training as he feels it’s pointless because ETH is another Ole who plays people based on relationships other than form. Rashfords been out of form all season but when as he ever been dropped? Antony hasn’t exactly lit up the league either but he’ll start most games when fit. So players are gonna be wondering it doesn’t matter how well I do in training, I still ain’t getting picked. This isn’t me defending Sancho btw. Just a theory…
:lol: :lol: :lol:

alexthelion

Question is, what came first? This behaviour or him feeling being treated unfairly? We don't know if and how this spiraled out of control. If you think it doesn't matter what you do, you stop caring. Especially if you don't have the strongest mentality from the start.
You really need to ask this?

Sancho had problems at City and Dortmund, as well as with England, long before he joined United.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The posters micro analysing ten hags comments to advocate for sancho are truly hilarious

Nickelodeon

I'm quite stunned that Sancho still hasn't apologized. Another player who has given up on playing football rather than putting their head down and doing the hard work. Guess its too late to apologize, its too late.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Petulant child, pretty much emodient of bad players culture we've seen throughout the years with some players. It shouldn't be easy, playing for United was never supposed to be easy Jadon. Roy Keane said in his book that he never could go against young Ronaldo seeing how hard he worked in training.

And now, you have this. Ten Hag did got a lot of cash, but he had to deal with some really shit players along the way.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Hmm.
Does he think fans will welcome him back? He has done the square root of feck all for the club to foster any good will. One goal against Liverpool was his crowning achievement in over 2 seasons.

It's one thing when Rooney kicked up a fuss, he had been the talisman of the club for almost a decade. Fans were willing to forgive a blunder.

This clown will be booed out of the stadium if he does try to come back if Ten Hag is sacked.

gza the genius

Whether you think ETH made a mistake or not (I don't) in giving his answer publicly about Sancho not training well enough I just don't see how anyone could possibly defend what Sancho is doing now. Just happy to hang out with the u18s and hope that we play shit enough that ETH gets fired. Hell, even Ronaldo apologized but apparently Sancho is above that. His attitude perfectly exemplifies what's been wrong at this club for a while now and I hope Sancho gets sold ASAP even if ETH ends up getting fired. I don't want players like that around this club anymore.

redcucumber

He's clearly all too happy to sit on his arse and not play, which is extremely damning of his character. It's obviously in his best interests to apologise and get himself back into contention to play so he can put himself in the shop window. Incredibly, he can't even be fecked to do that. He needs to grow up. Absolute man child.

crossy1686

career ending
He's clearly all too happy to sit on his arse and not play, which is extremely damning of his character. It's obviously in his best interests to apologise and get himself back into contention to play so he can put himself in the shop window. Incredibly, he can't even be fecked to do that. He needs to grow up. Absolute man child.
I would imagine he thinks he can get a move and United will subsidise his wages just to get rid of him.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
A wise man once told me once professionalism becomes negotiable, you can't trust the work or the workers. He needs to be sold regardless if the manager is sacked.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
You really need to ask this?

Sancho had problems at City and Dortmund, as well as with England, long before he joined United.
I think I was one of the first to post about this to correct many surprised people in this thread, that this is not totally news.

But I'm asking why it got so out of control now. He had problems, just never this bad and that's what I am wondering about.

crossy1686

career ending
I think I was one of the first to post about this to correct many surprised people in this thread, that this is not totally news.

But I'm asking why it got so out of control now. He had problems, just never this bad and that's what I am wondering about.
Because previously, it was in the best interests of every single person at the club to not challenge him and enable his dickhead behaviour so they could sell him for a massive fee. When you arrive at a big club and there are standards and accountability it’s been a culture shock for him because no one’s ever told him it’s up to him to get himself to work on time and go to bed on time.

mu4c_20le

He absolutely shouldn’t be loaned under any circumstance. He leaves on a transfer or he sits in the reserves until his contract is up.
I also think a clean break is best for all parties, but we're run by suits, so who knows

crossy1686

career ending
I also think a clean break is best for all parties, but we're run by suits, so who knows
A loan just doesn’t suit anyone on United’s side, and for that reason he’ll be sold before they loan him and let his contract run down and decrease his underlying value. They’ll be enough teams willing to take the risk for £50m in the summer. You won’t find a player with Sancho’s supposed ability available at that price anywhere in Europe.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Because previously, it was in the best interests of every single person at the club to not challenge him and enable his dickhead behaviour so they could sell him for a massive fee. When you arrive at a big club and there are standards and accountability it’s been a culture shock for him because no one’s ever told him it’s up to him to get himself to work on time and go to bed on time.
Standards? Accountability? At United? Did we watch the same club in recent years? EtH seems to try to set this now, but it truly didn't feel that way when Sancho arrived under Ole.

I think a culture shock of some kind is a reasonable theory, but I don't buy this "United has so much higher standards than Dortmund".

It currently feels like EtH has bigger support to stay as United manager among the fans than Terzic has in Dortmund - look where both are in their leagues and wonder which club has higher standards.

crossy1686

career ending
Standards? Accountability? At United? Did we watch the same club in recent years? EtH seems to try to set this now, but it truly didn't feel that way when Sancho arrived under Ole.

I think a culture shock of some kind is a reasonable theory, but I don't buy this "United has so much higher standards than Dortmund".

It currently feels like EtH has bigger support to stay as United manager among the fans than Terzic has in Dortmund - look where both are in their leagues and wonder which club has higher standards.
Well there you go, you’ve answered your own question as to why it’s worse at United now than it was anywhere else. Ten Hag is implementing a culture of accountability and he doesn’t like it.

You may not think that, and then you read that Dortmunds coach used to run to Sancho’s hotel room to wake him before their meetings started and ask yourself where these ‘standards’ are at Dortmund.

The PL is highly competitive, how many teams in the PL can regularly sell their best players and still finish second in the league? When you have a league that regularly funnels its best talent to the best team in the league the standards of a team like Dortmund and the Bundesliga will always be a mockery. Any players that stick around at Dortmund for more than a couple of seasons do so because they can’t get a move to a big club with standards, they’re not a football team, they’re a business disguised as a football team.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Well there you go, you’ve answered your own question as to why it’s worse at United now than it was anywhere else. Ten Hag is implementing a culture of accountability and he doesn’t like it.

You may not think that, and then you read that Dortmunds coach used to run to Sancho’s hotel room to wake him before their meetings started and ask yourself where these ‘standards’ are at Dortmund.

The PL is highly competitive, how many teams in the PL can regularly sell their best players and still finish second in the league? When you have a league that regularly funnels its best talent to the best team in the league the standards of a team like Dortmund and the Bundesliga will always be a mockery. Any players that stick around at Dortmund for more than a couple of seasons do so because they can’t get a move to a big club with standards, they’re not a football team, they’re a business disguised as a football team.
You might be right, but than it wasn't an accountability culture shock when he arrived and was shit playing under Ole.

And could you please stop repeating the outdated info about the BL funneling all it's best players to Bayern? It used to be true but look at the transfers in recent years and realize that this has changed. Big transfers usually go from BL to PL or La Liga, Bayern signing big transfers from all over Europe.