g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

In Rainbows

Manager calls out employee about conduct in public, employee responds in public, manager/company demand public apology, employee says no.
Do you believe what Sancho did was proportional to what was said about him in public by Ten Hag? That's where the disagreement comes. It was the mildest of criticisms about 3 days worth of training. Writing a twitter post (of which made it a bigger deal than it had been) talking about how he's a scapegoat is just laughably sensitive by Sancho. He wasn't scapegoated by the fans or the manager.

Ibrahimorich

No but we're shit without him and the rest of the attacking players are underperforming massively yet he's the only one who got criticized and banished from the team. It's easy to see why he felt as a scapegoat.
He got banished for not working hard enough in training then trying to tell the manager he thought he was. Not his decision, he's an absolute clown. Nobody else is trying to tell the manager how they performed in training either, so nobody else got ostracised.

He's played about 2 good games in 2 years here so he's not got a leg to stand on. I'd get rid even if we sack EtH.

el3mel

He got banished for not working hard enough in training then trying to tell the manager he thought he was. Not his decision, he's an absolute clown. Nobody else is trying to tell the manager how they performed in training either, so nobody else got ostracised.

He's played about 2 good games in 2 years here so he's not got a leg to stand on. I'd get rid even if we sack EtH.
None of us attended the training so you based your opinion on what Ten Hag said, basically.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Time to ship both of them off, neither are good enough for United, both are petty, both are unrealistic in there approach to football, they are both 1 side of the same coin, both looked good at other clubs but have shit the bed here.

parmenio

Both should go. Sancho highlights how poor our research into signings are.

AFC NimbleThumb

Do you believe what Sancho did was proportional to what was said about him in public by Ten Hag? That's where the disagreement comes. It was the mildest of criticisms about 3 days worth of training. Writing a twitter post (of which made it a bigger deal than it had been) talking about how he's a scapegoat is just laughably sensitive by Sancho. He wasn't scapegoated by the fans or the manager.
Read what you’ve written.

It was the mildest of claims over 3 days training & his response was a twitter post.

If your stance is such on EtHs words then both were negligible & unnecessary.

I’ll be told I’m defending Sancho but whatever. How can you say the twitter post made it a bigger deal when not mentioning it in public, as EtH has chosen not to do on all other player matters, would have made it no deal at all.

So yea. Manager calls out employee about conduct in public, employee responds in public, manager/company demand public apology, employee says no.

Sancho’s performances, or lack there of, were enough to wonder about his United career on their own. His position is now untenable not based on those performances but this fiasco & subsequent exaggeration from fans to a twitter post.

Once you make a public statement you don’t then get to police the public reaction.

He comes across as severely immature/entitled, fragile, low IQ and emotionally challenged
A lot of negatives to infer from an England international currently being paid £300k+ to train with the academy & play Fifa.

I’m all for a good debate about this but the above makes me question your maturity & IQ. You’ve met the lad 0 times & despite his atrocious United career he’s already achieved more in his field than us lot sat getting mad on our phone keyboards.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

It was the mildest of claims over 3 days training & his response was a twitter post.

I’ll be told I’m defending Sancho but whatever. How can you say the twitter post made it a bigger deal when not mentioning it in public, as EtH has chosen not to do on all other player matters, would have made it no deal at all.

So yea. Manager calls out employee about conduct in public, employee responds in public, manager/company demand public apology, employee says no.

Sancho’s performances, or lack there of, were enough to wonder about his United career on their own. His position is now untenable not based on those performances but this fiasco & subsequent exaggeration from fans to a twitter post.

Once you make a public statement you don’t then get to police the public reaction.

A lot of negatives to infer from an England international currently being paid £300k+ to train with the academy & play Fifa.

I’m all for a good debate about this but the above makes me question your maturity & IQ. You’ve met the lad 0 times & despite his atrocious United career he’s already achieved more in his field than us lot sat getting mad on our phone keyboards.
It's the managers job to call out players not the other way around.

The real debate is whether the manager should have been so public with it.

AFC NimbleThumb

It's the managers job to call out players not the other way around.

The real debate is whether the manager should have been so public with it.
Which is the debate I’m trying to have.

I’ve never said EtH shouldn’t hold Sancho to a standard, in fact I’ve said given Sancho’s response you can’t really ever see him coming back.

All I’ve stated from the start is EtH doing so publicly is a switch to the stick from the carrot method he employed before & it has backfired in as much as I doubt he wanted Sancho to basically go on strike because of it.

We’ve been watching EtH pressers/post matches for well over a year & he makes a habit of not talking about players too much. Why he did what he did with Sancho is unknown but I doubt given the fall out he’d do things exactly the same again in the future.

For me the whole situation was avoidable & adds further to what is already a toxic environment.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

I’ve never said EtH shouldn’t hold Sancho to a standard, in fact I’ve said given Sancho’s response you can’t really ever see him coming back.

All I’ve stated from the start is EtH doing so publicly is a switch to the stick from the carrot method he employed before & it has backfired in as much as I doubt he wanted Sancho to basically go on strike because of it.

We’ve been watching EtH pressers/post matches for well over a year & he makes a habit of not talking about players too much. Why he did what he did with Sancho is unknown but I doubt given the fall out he’d do things exactly the same again in the future.

For me the whole situation was avoidable & adds further to what is already a toxic environment.
I'd tend to agree but he's obviously had enough of him and knows way more than we do.

This whole club needs a cleansing

Ibrahimorich

None of us attended the training so you based your opinion on what Ten Hag said, basically.
And all the reports from journos. If I was Sancho and I had a different story, I'd definitely have put it out there by now. It's not like he has anything left to lose at this point

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
And all the reports from journos. If I was Sancho and I had a different story, I'd definitely have put it out there by now. It's not like he has anything left to lose at this point
Well he did by disagreeing with EtH. We have ETH claiming Sancho didn't train well (which fits reports) and Sancho claiming that EtH is not judging fairly and that he disagrees he deserved to be dropped from the squad based on performances (which also sounds believable looking at the dross played every week).

Sancho's best move is indeed to be silent now. The longer this drags on the more chance ETH gets to look bad and the more reasonable Sancho looks going head to head against the manager.

It would be different if United was playing well, but they aren't and this is Sancho's only little chance to come out of this mess now.

Nogbadthebad

He doesn't need to say anything.

WHat we are seeing on the pitch is proving his point.

Both player and manager are children, someone should have banged both their heads together and told them to get on with it by now.

LuckyScout78

If. Ten Hag is the one with strong mentality vs against a weak mentality.

Then the ability to forgiveness is with the one with strong mentality.

Not sure the weak one will say sorry. "Sorry is the hardest word to say"....said someone

And poor on training, but do deliver performances on match day VS Good at training, but can't deliver on the match day? Who will you pick?

I am not saying Sancho is that kind of guy. Just have a bit fun and laid back attitude on training. But when it counts = Then beast mode and 100 focus swith on.

So never say never.

It's all about "best when it count"....when 3 points really count.

At training. You don't train max to get burn out. Then came to match day. Your max energy are not there. You always save some energy to the matchday....when you go to war. Not before that.

So best and working hardest on training = it can have negative effect and a negative side by it too.

And we all can see. Many United players don't deliver top performances and level on the match day.

In the end:

A top fresh and motivate Sancho and Antony. As right winger. I think i will pick Sancho over Antony. And with Sancho style. As RW. Sancho style will suit Høljund more than Antony. And Bruno back to his best position = CAM/a free nr.10.

United and Ten Hag has suffered because of Sancho and Antony case. Clearly. In some way. It has weakened United in attack.

Mercurial

Guy isn't an international any longer, he has literally flushed his career and rep down the toilet and is a strain on the club financials and morale. How is this a high IQ or a smart move? I'd be very interested to hear how you can spin what he is doing to something positive.

gantherbale

I’ve never said EtH shouldn’t hold Sancho to a standard, in fact I’ve said given Tutuapp 9Apps Sancho’s response you can’t really ever see him coming back.

I think the best way is to try to get him involved every 2 to 3 matches to get his confidence back

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He’s going to outlast EtH isn’t he? New manager comes in and then he’ll play a blinder week on week :lol: :lol:

Ghostrider318

Bringing sancho back in in the event ETH is sacked would basically mean players have more power over managers and thats a recipe for disaster in an already diabolical club

Winrar

Bringing sancho back in in the event ETH is sacked would basically mean players have more power over managers and thats a recipe for disaster in an already diabolical club
Despite ETH's failings, Sancho should absolutely not play another minute for us again under any manager.

Rockets Redglare

He’s going to outlast EtH isn’t he? New manager comes in and then he’ll play a blinder week on week :lol: :lol:
Like he did under Ten Hag last season or under Ole?
He just isn’t good enough for the Premier league, no matter who the manager is.

BobFromParva

Supports
Whitchurch Alport FC
Well he’ll have a point to prove at an almost personal level this time round.
This forum needs renaming because it’s become nothing other than a magnet for the Sancho fan club (shakes head).

Just face it, if Sancho were capable of proving a point he wouldn’t be training with the kiddies now would he?

ColvaleGoa

Despite ETH's failings, Sancho should absolutely not play another minute for us again under any manager.

This I agree with. Some folks are looking at Sancho as some sort of a Messiah. He has stunk the place out and also does not have the balls for a fight ala Beckham.

EtH might have made some bad decisions but Sancho ain't one.

Anustart89

Do a Pogba and hit a purple patch until he realises he hates the new manager too wants his players to arrive on time, train well, play like they give a shit during games and not play FIFA at 3am
Fixed that for you.

Jadon Sancho is the epitome of a subset of the younger generation who seem to feel like expectations in the workplace (or in life in general) and responsibilities are some kind of oppression that can't be tolerated.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This forum needs renaming because it’s become nothing other than a magnet for the Sancho fan club (shakes head).

Just face it, if Sancho were capable of proving a point he wouldn’t be training with the kiddies now would he?
What the actual feck.

Because I playfully said something about a made up scenario, therefore I’m a fanboy?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

Guy isn't an international any longer, he has literally flushed his career and rep down the toilet and is a strain on the club financials and morale. How is this a high IQ or a smart move? I'd be very interested to hear how you can spin what he is doing to something positive.
& look at us both our illustrious careers have led us to Redcafe where you’re calling a multimillionaire a failure & Im laughing at the suggestion. That’ll really teach him.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Its the same as Pogba and Mourinho. Both needed to leave the club.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
& look at us both our illustrious careers have led us to Redcafe where you’re calling a multimillionaire a failure & Im laughing at the suggestion. That’ll really teach him.
This logic doesn't really hold up on a forum. Can no one criticise what a manager does because they've actually achieved something in their career? Seems pretty flimsy.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
He's not an international because he's not playing, and has been out of contention for a place for 18months for one reason or another.
This has got to be a question of pride on both parts now, it's gone on too long for either to back down, the only way forward is a slow compromise, if he is to play football again (for any club).
A lot will depend on what happens if SJR gets control of the football side, if SJR gets his 25%

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Ah, it turns out that everyone who gets paid lots of money to be involved in football is automatically a success. Shut down the forum. :(

AFC NimbleThumb

This logic doesn't really hold up on a forum. Can no one criticise what a manager does because they've actually achieved something in their career? Seems pretty flimsy.
If that were what I said you’d have a wonderful point.

So, with all your logic.

Do you think I’m saying no one can criticise a player or do you think I’m saying labelling someone as being ‘severely immature/entitled, fragile, low IQ and emotionally challenged for questioning the coach’ based on sweet FA is ridiculous.

AFC NimbleThumb

Ah, it turns out that everyone who gets paid lots of money to be involved in football is automatically a success. Shut down the forum. :(
See post 5835 then see post 5799.

Though I’d certainly say Sancho is more successful than us posting under pseudonyms & using emoji’s but as my reply to post 5799 is about, you’d have to actually speak with Sancho to know what success is to him. £300k a week to stay fit or internet forums.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If that were what I said you’d have a wonderful point.

So, with all your logic.

Do you think I’m saying no one can criticise a player or do you think I’m saying labelling someone as being ‘severely immature/entitled, fragile, low IQ and emotionally challenged for questioning the coach’ based on sweet FA is ridiculous.
No, my point was saying how you're responding to said point didn't make a lot of sense. You could say the same thing to why Ten Hag shouldn't give a shit about Sancho's opinion, because he's coached several teams and had success, even with us without him.

I think sticking to the fact we have no idea about his emotional intelligence or IQ, shows it's a cheap shot from the poster. There's plenty of examples about his lack of maturity, but he's not unique in that regard. It is unique the fact he happens to be one of the highest paid players in our squad and hasn't put together a decent string of performances since he's been here.

Bwuk

If he had anything about him he’d apologise and get back in the team. We are a shambles atm.

Cathy Ferguson

The bean counters will not be happy about losing a 75m asset for 40m, at best. Not when you are losing half of your games.

AFC NimbleThumb

No, my point was saying how you're responding to said point didn't make a lot of sense. You could say the same thing to why Ten Hag shouldn't give a shit about Sancho's opinion, because he's coached several teams and had success, even with us without him.
You could say a lot of things but back to the conversation that is more than that post, the Ten Hag example doesn’t fit. I’ve explained you can criticise players & managers on their performances, as you can certain aspects we can ascertain from things like the Xbox gaming but low IQ for a man who moved abroad at a young age going on to win multiple caps for his country as well as a few cups. Maybe he isn’t book smart but the Cafe is hardly Mensa.