g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Not defending Sancho but at this point, ETH's favoritism can't be denied. It's a massive problem.

Mercurial

How far we have fallen when a gaming addict with attitude issues is defended this hard for refusing to follow coach orders in training and gets sidelined. Sancho is a money grabbing low effort boombox clown vs the impressive players of the past. Super happy to play FC24 and waste, says it all really.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely not even the biggest sancho fan believes he'd have made even the slightest impact today?

Hughie77

Sancho be gone in January or he's hoping ETH gets the sack and another manager comes in..
Just fecking apologise and play football ffs ..

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Surely not even the biggest sancho fan believes he'd have made even the slightest impact today?
Probably not. But I wonder if more and more people are thinking that he is right in not listening to EtH the more EtH looks to be out of his depth and might even think more players should confront him to end this now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Probably not. But I wonder if more and more people are thinking that he is right in not listening to EtH the more EtH looks to be out of his depth and might even think more players should confront him to end this now.
The strong dealing with Ronaldo and Maguire looked brilliant to start with.
And Martinez and Casemiro looked great mentality signings. Even Antony has the spirit, Malachia looked a decent backup.

But with the 2 strong signings spending time injured or not in form, woefully average loanees such as Weigy and Sabitzer, it's definitely turning away from him.

That 2month spell we beat all the big teams really looked like we were onto something big.

el3mel

No but we're shit without him and the rest of the attacking players are underperforming massively yet he's the only one who got criticized and banished from the team. It's easy to see why he felt as a scapegoat.

el3mel

When Ten Hag goes, and Sancho comes back and is still painfully disappointing :drool:
Sancho is a bad footballer. I have slaughtered him multiple times, yet he was indeed right he was made a scapegoat by the manager and the fans just followed because it suited their agenda. Our attackers have all been shit this season yet he's the only one who got picked out.

Actually our attackers have all been shit under Ten Hag bar Rashford last season and (he joined them this season) yet it's Sancho who got criticized.

Sancho isn't a good player but day after day it becomes clearer he was right in this.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
Imagine genuinely thinking a player who has shown at multiple clubs and at international level to have behavioural issues, is in fact the innocent party and worse has been made a scapegoat because his manager answered a question about him :lol:

AndySmith1990

No matter how bad things get, Sancho will never be the answer. He's a dreadful player with an even worse attitude. Banishing him from the team is one of the few things Ten Hag has got right

el3mel

Imagine genuinely thinking a player who has shown at multiple clubs and at international level to have behavioural issues, is in fact the innocent party and worse has been made a scapegoat because his manager answered a question about him :lol:
No one said he's innocent. Keep laughing.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Sancho definitely played terribly and completely did the wrong thing.

But he might have a point as he is definitely not the only one deserving being benched or worse for performances.

IncyWincySpider

I'm starting to see why Sancho prefers playing FIFA than playing the real thing, tbh. Think I would too given how awful we are.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sancho is a bad footballer. I have slaughtered him multiple times, yet he was indeed right he was made a scapegoat by the manager and the fans just followed because it suited their agenda. Our attackers have all been shit this season yet he's the only one who got picked out.

Actually our attackers have all been shit under Ten Hag bar Rashford last season and (he joined them this season) yet it's Sancho who got criticized.

Sancho isn't a good player but day after day it becomes clearer he was right in this.
He wasn't made the scapegoat by anybody.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Probably because you mentioned Sancho
Yes, I said I wasn't defending him. Hence it should've been evident my comment about favoritism wasn't referring to Sancho's position, but rather a general comment about team selections.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes, I said I wasn't defending him. Hence it should've been evident my comment about favoritism wasn't referring to Sancho's position, but rather a general comment about team selections.
Actually its not that evident but fair enough.
I read it as Sancho is also being a cnut but he has a point about favouritism

Fair enough though.
I think the only favouritism you could say is on Bruno (the captain) and Rashford last seasons top scorer.

Castia

I dont think the manager is good enough but feck Sancho and his attitude he should never play for this club again

AFC NimbleThumb

How far we have fallen when a gaming addict with attitude issues is defended this hard for refusing to follow coach orders in training and gets sidelined. Sancho is a money grabbing low effort boombox clown vs the impressive players of the past. Super happy to play FC24 and waste, says it all really.
The narrative that not simply writing off Sancho’s side of the story is defending him is utter bollocks. I understand backing the manager but the levels to which some take it are silly. This situation should have been handled differently on both sides.

Considering what Sancho did, we could be losing all the games till the end of the season, I still wouldn't want him near the team based on principle
I know @Pickle85 won’t like me for this & will probably call the above defence of Sancho but honestly Considering what Sancho did, it was a tweet.

He’s in a stand off with management now so there’s honestly no way back but the portrayal that he’s done something grievious feels a tad exaggerated.

Manager calls out employee about conduct in public, employee responds in public, manager/company demand public apology, employee says no.

I can fully understand why Sancho is no longer playing under EtH but I’m not sure why he’s a villain here.

Last edited:

Pickle85

The narrative that not simply writing off Sancho’s side of the story is defending him is utter bollocks. I understand backing the manager but the levels to which some take it are silly. This situation should have been handled differently on both sides.

I know @Pickle85 won’t like me for this & will probably call the above defence of Sancho but honestly Considering what Sancho did, it was a tweet.

He’s in a stand off with management now so there’s honestly no way back but the portrayal that he’s done something gracious feels a tad exaggerated.

Manager calls out employee about conduct in public, employee responds in public, manager/company demand public apology, employee says no.

I can fully understand why Sancho is no longer playing under EtH but I’m not sure why he’s a villain here.
:D you're good buddy, I'm out of this particular debate!

UnitedFan93

We could be 20th in the league and I wouldn't want Sancho to play another minute for us ever again. Has to go in January.

RedStarUnited

There's no reason for him to apologize either. He can play the long game and waits till Ten Hag leaves and he's not losing anything in the process. The point is I can understand why Sancho will feel as a scapegoat when you look at Antony shitting the bed and yet plays every game and never gets criticized
Yeah just game time thats so crucial for a still developing 23 year old.

RedDevilQuebecois

Why did anyone have to reboot this thread? You can criticize the manager for how he works with other players, but I don't want that very poorly raised brat Sancho anywhere near my team.

Mercurial

He’s in a stand off with management now so there’s honestly no way back but the portrayal that he’s done something grievious feels a tad exaggerated.

He comes across as severely immature/entitled, fragile, low IQ and emotionally challenged for questioning the coach and refusing to follow tactical orders and instructions as asked then throw hissy fits when not selected for above reasons. Being a top earner on a long contract, with a merit list of 0.0 and underperforming for 3 coaches he should press until he pukes his lungs out and follow orders. Where outside of the Dortmund kindergarten is this behavior tolerated?

Tyrion

Nope. He refused to apologise to the manager after publicly undermining him. That makes no positive difference regardless of how badly the manager is doing.