Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
This season has disaster written all over it.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Imagine if Mourinho let a player go to Netherlands and train for 2 months during a season and protected said player from the media

He is clearly at the end with this guy
How many players receive that special treatment? Sancho has some nerve.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Imagine if this was Mourinho throwing his players under the bus in public...
Has Sancho ever had a run of three consecutive good (not great) games for us?

He was given some pretty serious care last season, it can't go on forever.

Haven't seen the presser, so unsure of the context which resulted in the Sancho noise.

Telsim

Manchester City know what they are doing. There's a reason he was released. There were rumours about the same at Dortmund.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
It’s pretty damning for Sancho. I’m surprised that ETH has come out with the statement, it’s not like him to be so blunt and damning over a player. It attracts more attention to the club when we perhaps want to knuckle down and work to get results, it’s now two weeks of the media having their way without the club being able to win a game to keep the attention off. However, in contrast, Sancho, for all his obvious ability, hasn’t been cutting the mustard for the team, it must be obvious in training that he isn’t cutting there either, it might be a last play by the manager to get a reaction.

The only thing Sancho can do is get his head down, work hard and earn your place back, let your football do the talking and show the manager that he was wrong. The social media response was completely the wrong way to go about it and will not help his case.
Difficult to argue that ten Hag has the right to go to the media, but Sancho doesn’t have right of reply in the media.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Can't help but feel a lot of the drama is robbed from this by the fact that it seemed increasingly likely that Sancho would leave over the next few transfer windows anyway. He's become an increasingly peripheral figure to the point where I'm not even sure how much this really hurts us.

Even at RW, I wouldn't have been even slightly surprised to see Bruno played there ahead of him if Antony doesn't feature.

lsd

The Oracle
Who actually cares though.

I mean sure - we will have 596 pages of people picking sides but who actually cares.

Yeah thanks for posting this I've had my day and I'll stick the thread on ignore now to save me the grief of this during the international break

SAFMUTD

Thats the end of Sancho here. Cant see how he goes back to the team.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He just isn't cut out for a club like Manchester United. Very weak mentality and doesn't have the extra added bite, hunger and drive that is needed.

Swedish_Plumber

Train hard and prove a point on the pitch rather than make an actual statement. We’re in the age where athletes think apologies etc on social media appeases fans when performances remain shite.

starboy

I've never been fan of first international break, but this is exactly what we need now.
And some things should stay in the dressing room.
If ETH is right, how our training session must look like when Sancho is benched for training performance and Martial is in XI.

Unam333

Ten Hag always harps the highest standards, but basically the whole team plays below par. The players can do much better than what they are currently showing.

I sometimes think why can't we just do our preseason in England? Why go to Asia, the US, Middle East? All that traveling is just tiresome. And I understand there's a commercial aspect to it, but come on, this year's preseason was a mess.

I do agree that managers shouldn't do it in public, but I think Ten Hag must be really fed up about his attitude and how he approaches training sessions and wants a reaction from Sancho: will he kick on or not by publicly calling him out.

RedAlert27

Jesus come on Jadon! When your boss says you've not applied yourself in training and need to reach better standards, keep your head down, work hard and prove him wrong. Hardly been impressive on the pitch since he arrived. Totally with ETH on this.

In Rainbows

Manchester City know what they are doing. There's a reason he was released. There were rumours about the same at Dortmund.
City didn't release him. They essentially lost him to Dortmund.

btw, I called Sancho out in the other thread just to be clear.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Maybe the worst signing we’ve made, in an era of truly terrible signings.

-Supreme-

ETH has backed these players throughout last season and it’s about time they are challenged IMO, and it certainly doesn’t help that the club couldn’t sell any of the first team squad, except for Fred.

Martial

He's a bad egg. And his performances on the pitch have been utterly rotten for 3 seasons now.

BuzzKillington

But this isn’t Mourinho. Ten hag isn’t a prick like him. This is a manager who doesn’t do something like this. He not only protected Sancho last season but also took him away from the limelight so that he can focus on his training and fitness. He has given him ample opportunities more than he deserves. This is a player who always had problems with his fitness and discipline even at Dortmund. You can’t lump ten hag in the same category as Mourinho.
Tbf he also threw him under the bus by telling everybody why he wasn’t playing and made him seem weak/fragile in the minds of a significant portion of our support.

The club and EtH could have simply said he’d torn a hamstring or had an abdominal/groin injury and had to be out for a few months.

Last edited:

Telsim

City didn't release him. They essentially lost him to Dortmund.

btw, I called Sancho out in the other thread just to be clear.
City don't just "lose" player to Dortmund, let's be honest here. They'd have kept him if they believed he was worth it. They did not. Tweet up there says it all.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really annoying how this has turned out, but yeah he's done here. Send him off on loan to turkey or get him off to Saudi if we can, we've got a starter and backup in all of the front 3 positions without him anyway. A shame. No use in him staying this summer.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
When it comes to these things, the manager is always right even if he isn’t. No player can be allowed to use social media to argue with his manager.

we won’t miss him.

In Rainbows

Tbf he also threw him under the bus by letting everybody know why he wasn’t playing and made him seem weak/fragile.

The club and EtH could have simply said he’d torn a hamstring or had an abdominal/groin injury and had to be out for a few months.
That's not throwing him under the bus. It had the opposite effect. Everyone sympathized with him.

Baxquux

People coming into a Sancho thread to shit on Antony :lol:
Yeah - I have issues with Antony, and we should never have committed so much to him when working on a non City/Chelsea budget... but he showed more fight, more productivity from a defensive perspective and even more spark today than Sancho's shown in pretty much every appearance, (barring a few cameo glimmers). Antony's character isn't perfect either, but he usually shows more determination and hustle than Sancho has ever provided evidence of.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Storm in a teacup hopefully. The manager needs to get better performances out of the player and he probably feels like he’s tried everything else at this point. Sancho should be one of our best players by now. This season has to go well or you would imagine he’ll be on the chopping block. It’s a pity because he has crazy potential and I wanted us to sign him so much. Even for 100 million the summer before

Roboc7

Sancho just needs to go, he wouldn’t be missed. See if a Saudi team will give us our money back.

Dve

Think this deserves its own thread

I gotta say, I never liked managers doing this in public. Rarely achieves anything. Kinda makes it difficult for Sancho going forward.
"Please don't believe everything Ten Hag says?" That's what he's saying?

I believe Ten Hag.

Still, a somewhat struggling manager should be careful to start throwing his players under the bus; that's how you'll get the group against you.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Banter club. Even Chelsea with their billions down the drain are less of a laughing stock than us.
Get a grip. Chelsea just lost at home to Nottingham Forest.

Dannn411

We should have sold him this summer to Saudi man FFS. Could have easily got £40m.