Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

Westerkerk

I mean, when someone is asked to apologise, it would hardly come across as sincere if they did. Sancho clearly thinks he's in the right.

I tend to trust EtH on this one. Sends a message to any other potential trouble makers. Feck with me and you're out.

redshaw

Was a great chance for him to get back in the team or even put himself in a better position to move in Jan or the summer

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Clearly has an issue with authority and his team and others have pandered to him because of his talent. Tough way to learn it for him, but the only real option. I wouldn't expect many top teams to touch him after this.

Fecking Dortmund did us dirty here.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Memphis Depay was a better signing than Sancho has been.

Trex

Yeah but at some point we'll run out of bodies. I'd rather have had Sancho as an option for the rest of this season than not with the shit going on with Antony.
You know what I'll rather have? Order! Players knowing who's in charge and behaving appropriately on and off the pitch. Sancho hardly plays on the right after all. Play Pellistri there can't be much worse. Use Bruno or Mount to cover the role. Get rid of Sancho at the earliest possible window and replace if necessary. Let's see if he would find another club to give him 350k. Players need to know united is no longer Disney park for adults.

spiriticon

Other than Pellistri or Amad, I would rather have Dalot playing on right wing for the rest of the season than Sancho.

fecker can go do one honestly. I hope he is the last of the Primadonna club that we'll have to purge from our system like a poison.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Clearly has an issue with authority and his team and others have pandered to him because of his talent. Tough way to learn it for him, but the only real option. I wouldn't expect many top teams to touch him after this.

Fecking Dortmund did us dirty here.
Anyone who acts surprised know obviously didn't bother to read the news during Sancho's time at Dortmund. This is absolutely on United only, as all this has been public knowledge and apparently just got worse after his move.

Blaming Dortmund for Sancho's behaviour just is as stupid as signing Sancho without wondering why no one else really wanted him

sugar_kane

Only at Manchester United could the most highly paid member of the squad publicly slate our manager two seasons on the bounce.

If it was any other club you’d have concerns over the manager, but fortunately it’s just because we’re a terribly ran club.

At least with Ronny he was in one of the top two players in the world and already achieved nearly everything, not some jumped up overpaid little shit bag.

Fair fecks to Erik, he doesn’t mess around.

vanderpants

Then you will have been told everything you see is confidential. Why are you ignoring that?
I'm allowed to say certain aspects of my day at work, I'm not allowed to take photos , leak transfer activity etc. How do you think stories get leaked out, there's plenty of people here that leak information out and have done for years. But noted.and I won't comment again

Trex

We got Ronaldo for peanuts. Sancho was what? £75m? We won’t discard so easily.
Even without the recent drama we weren't getting that money back and he is already third choice in his favoured role. Didn't even make the bench in our last game. Which puts him behind Pellistri.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Is nobody on Team Sancho?
He made a huge error of judgment. In this scenario I back ETH. But I do believe it’s something that can be sorted and if he gets his head down and shows any positive signs I will be delighted to see it

stevoc

You know what I'll rather have? Order! Players knowing who's in charge and behaving appropriately on and off the pitch. Sancho hardly plays on the right after all. Play Pellistri there can't be much worse. Use Bruno or Mount to cover the role. Get rid of Sancho at the earliest possible window and replace if necessary. Let's see if he would find another club to give him 350k. Players need to know united is no longer Disney park for adults.

I'm all for squad discipline too, but personally id prefer it to be handled privately.

If Ten Hag thought Pellestri was a serious option for the right the Sancho and Antony both wouldn't be at the club.

Fernandes and Mount are midfielders play one of them on the wing not only are they not great there. But you rob midfield of options and weaker that area too.

You can only spread a squad so thin before results suffer.

Jeffthered

ETH needs to be careful here. The club shouldn't be issuing statements like this: why should they? Jadon Sancho doesn't warrant a public statement. And (yet again) it shows the poor, corporate and player management at Man United. You think this would be an issue with Pep? Klopp?

ETH must get a grip of this. The players will note any hesitation, weakness shown by a manager.

Trex

This is why i have come to respect AWB. Pre World cup he hardly got a game. He put his head down worked hard to improve and took his chance when he got it. That's the right attitude, all them players should learn from that. And from that its obvious ETH is fair and has no favourite or does no scapegoating.

Castia

He’s always been petulant but now he’s hit the big time (300k a week) and he’s got no desire to fight, in fact I think he prefers not to play.

There are murmurs of the squad being unhappy with him for always being late/lazy can you imagine seeing him as one of the top paid players stroll into training, take holidays to NYC etc whilst they’re all working hard

Put him in the reserves and forget about him, the 300k is wasted anyway he offers nothing to the first team

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
ETH needs to be careful here. The club shouldn't be issuing statements like this: why should they? Jadon Sancho doesn't warrant a public statement. And (yet again) it shows the poor, corporate and player management at Man United. You think this would be an issue with Pep? Klopp?

ETH must get a grip of this. The players will note any hesitation, weakness shown by a manager.
ETH was pretty straightforward, wasn't he? You train bad, you won't play or won't even make the squad, you complain about that, you stay out of the squad for a longer time.

ForeverRed1

Talent without working hard
is nothing - cristiano Ronaldo.

instead of proving and showing ETH he is wrong, he comes out of SM with his statement and ends up out of the squad right in a moment he would have the opportunity to have a proper crack at the first team with Antony being out for a while. Now was the time we needed him the most.

the manager has every single damn right to question you and your performance. It’s down to you to let your feet do the talking, which unfortunately they have not.

spiriticon

Tbh the has done some good in the sense that the players are now aware that United fans will not accept much more whining from them.

We want trophies, not your whines.

Next player to use the word 'scapegoat' on twitter should immediately be turfed out to the carpark.

Trex

I'm all for squad discipline too, but personally id prefer it to be handled privately.

If Ten Hag thought Pellestri was a serious option for the right the Sancho and Antony both wouldn't be at the club.

Fernandes and Mount are midfielders play one of them on the wing not only are they not great there. But you rob midfield of options and weaker that area too.

You can only spread a squad so thin before results suffer.
You place short term consequence over long term consequences. Wrong way to look at things.

Castia

Huh? Weakness would be picking him at weekend. He’s sent him to the reserves he and refuses to let him train with the first team he can’t do much more

stevoc

You'd like to think so, especially as it's a situation he brought to a head by going public with private matters.

The club should maybe have a word with him on that count.

RedAlert27

The question we need to ask is:
How are we managing to not get the most out of the players we have?

How good is the management at communicating with the players and coach them to be the best they can be, not only on the pitch and training ground, but in every part of being a professional footballer.
We are talking about kids here, they need guidance almost every step of the way, and Sancho seems to need it more than others. In stead of alianating him, ETH should have worked harder with him. There's a world class footballer in him.

If we give up on him and let him go, he'll explode at the right club.
Sancho is 23 years old (I think) , not a kid by any means. Discipline and hard work should be drilled into him by this age.

"ETH should have worked harder with him"
Why should he give extra time to an individual who isn't trying his hardest, to the detriment of the rest of the team? Let's not forget it's not just Ten hag coaching players, they have an army of coaches, and other backroom staff all to help.

What Ten Hag said wasn't even that bad, and certainly didn't merit an over the top reaction. I do agree both parties need to move and get the best out of each other. The whole things becoming an unnecessary drama which can all be solved behind closed doors.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I presume Sancho just wants out already but nobody willing to pay a big fee so this forces it, a little like Ronaldo did going public but with less impact.

Castia

Sancho will outlast Hag. Seen it in the past and players always outlast the managers.

If it was Rashford then maybe but there’s no chance this lazy feck is getting chosen instead of the manager. He’d be gone now if it was up-to the club he would have gone to Saudi

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Anyone who acts surprised know obviously didn't bother to read the news during Sancho's time at Dortmund. This is absolutely on United only, as all this has been public knowledge and apparently just got worse after his move.

Blaming Dortmund for Sancho's behaviour just is as stupid as signing Sancho without wondering why no one else really wanted him
True. I guess everyone thought he was just a kid at the time and would grow out of it a bit, or at least hoped.

Wasn't really blaming Dortmund, was said in jest, as everyone seems to blame Dortmund and Bayern for our shit signings.

GoldanoGraham

We seriously need to include an IQ test when we sign players……because this would have been majorly highlighted when signing this complete tool.

What can he possibly have thought would be the outcome without any humility?

It beggars belief…..

clarkydaz

I presume Sancho just wants out already but nobody willing to pay a big fee so this forces it, a little like Ronaldo did going public but with less impact.
Maybe Sancho has a shock coming down the line, like no top club wants to gamble on him