Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I had so high hopes for him, was a dream signing we he came.
A real shame it has gone to this, ETH not even calling him out. Just says based on training he picked others.
There has clearly been an issue between the 2 brewing, I'm willing to bet Sancho read more into what was said because he understood the meaning behind it because of previous conversations with ETH and the coaching staff

Shinjch

If we could get any club to take even half of his wages off the books for the season I would be looking to do it. There can only be one winner when it comes to situations like this, Murtough should be on the phone to the Saudis immediately.

flameinthesun

AWB showed the perfect example of coming back from a seemingly impossible position. Sancho will have the opportunity to prove himself in training and or matches, it's all down to him.
I wouldn't even say just AWB. Rashford showed it in the game after he was dropped and Garnacho after he was called out. It's doen to mentality. Whatever people want to say about Garnacho or Antony, its clear they have a much stronger mentality and more fight in them than a Sancho.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I don't get what it is with this guy. He's clearly got talent but for whatever reason he just doesn't/can't impose himself on the game.

How many times do you see him get a yard on a defender with some nice skill, then instead of driving towards the goal or the byline he checks back or slows down and allows the player to get back in position. Does the hard part and then stops. It's like he's got some mental block or something.
Yup. Mental

Mike Smalling

When a player cares more about his image than his performances, you might as well cut your losses. When Rashford was late he had the good sense to hold his hands up, admit he messed up, and then go on to perform at a high level. We will never get that from Sancho.

I've long had a foolish hope that Sancho could turn it around under the right conditions, because obviously the technical ability is there, but he simply doesn't have the fight in him it seems. Garnacho is already a much better player.

Paddymcc

Sancho has now had chances under two different managers and hasnt cut it. Its not down to formation or playing style, hes just a bang average lazy entitled snowflake c**t.

Im utterly sick of players with this attitude at the club.

Ten Hag indulged him last season and this is the level of disrespect he gets in return from Sancho.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out Jadon.

AFC NimbleThumb

In fairness it seems to happen to you a lot, maybe you're pointing thd finger in the wrong direction.
As the old saying goes, "When you point one finger, there are three fingers pointing back to you.", so maybe you’re right - that poster deserves the 3.

You moderating my posts in a sea of others that go directly against forum advisement does indeed seem to be happening a lot.

Ted Lasso

Big mistake from sancho. ETH won the war v Ronaldo, so this one only ends one way. Cash in on him asap
Oddly fans were behind Erik on the Ronaldo matter but backing up Sancho here. One of them hasn't done squat to earn that support.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
You're assuming that it was precalculated. It could well be that he just reacted without thinking. If only he could do that on the pitch.
"If that is the case"

I'm responding to that very assumption. Personally, I think it's just a kid who lacks the necessary mental strength and maturity to play for Manchester United. Mind, that doesn't develop much either so still pretty hopeless.

justsomebloke

Oddly fans were behind Erik on the Ronaldo matter but backing up Sancho here. One of them hasn't done squat to earn that support.
Are they though? I've not read the full 26 pages, but from what I've read the clear weight of opinion seems to me to be in ETHs favor.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
As the old saying goes, "When you point one finger, there are three fingers pointing back to you.", so maybe you’re right - that poster deserves the 3.

You moderating my posts in a sea of others that go directly against forum advisement does indeed seem to be happening a lot.

If by a lot you mean twice ever. Then yep. Loads. You're just like Jadon. Spacegoated.

crossy1686

career ending
There's only two outcomes to this really:

1. You back the manager and let him clear out the likes of Sancho, Martial, Maguire etc, then give him another £400m to fix it.
2. If you're not comfortable with any of the above then you have to sack him.

I also feel Sancho has done this to force his way out of the club. He's been acting like Lukaku without the goals since he got here.

Syphon Wallet

People need to stop backing Sancho here
The lads been given every chance and assistance possible.
Not saying he won't ever come good, but the current version is a waster.
At least now he will either respond well or be moved on, enough drifting.

Judas

Open to offers
I don’t really get any Utd fans siding with Sancho? If the club don’t back Ten Hag over this, he might as well leave. There’s still so much deadwood that needs shifting sadly.

antohan

Slight detour but on topic. If this happened a few years ago people would have been banging on about keeping players away from Twitter.

Is that a no-no now? What happened? Passage of time, Cristiano, not wanting to look like fascists?

It's obvious to me football players can't be expected to be PR masters, what matters is what they can do on a football pitch. Not much in Sancho's case, that's the key issue here.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don’t really get any Utd fans siding with Sancho? If the club don’t back Ten Hag over this, he might as well leave. There’s still so much deadwood that needs shifting sadly.
Have to back the manager. It’s not as if Sancho has been putting in 10/10 performances, I know who I believe.

hobbers

This is why you do psychological profiles on players and get background reports.

Not just make signings based on vibes.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
If we could get any club to take even half of his wages off the books for the season I would be looking to do it. There can only be one winner when it comes to situations like this, Murtough should be on the phone to the Saudis immediately.
Saudi Arabia can still sign players, hopefully entice them into bidding for Sancho on a loan or permanently. Good player in the wrong team, needs a lot of support around him to show case what he can do.

antohan

This is why you do psychological profiles on players and get background reports.

Yups.

We manically chased the poster child and wound up with a child not worthy of a poster.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Which just makes it even more scary about just how lazy Sancho must be in training? I don’t think it’s harsh at all. Embarrassing for him though.
If Martials lazy in a match then you can guarantee he’s just as bad in training. We only see matches obviously but Sancho runs more than Martial in matches. It’s more than just training… why not come out and criticise Martial for having like 1 touch of the ball in the first halve and not running much?

lex talionis

None of us can possibly know whether Sancho is shite in training, but he’ll never win a war with the manager. Poor decision.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Being serious for a moment, who would actually win a scrap between these two? Obviously Jadon has the age advantage but Hag has that unhinged look about him. My money would be on the Dutchman.

saik

Being serious for a moment, who would actually win a scrap between these two? Obviously Jadon has the age advantage but Hag has that unhinged look about him. My money would be on the Dutchman.
Jadon would obviously wimp out as he does with every 50-50 he faces on the pitch. There is only 1 clear winner and that isn't Jadon.

RedRocket9908

Jadon Sancho has overstepped the mark and bahaved extremly unproffesionally, if he did this during the Fergie era he would have been shown the door.

I see Piers Morgan was quick off the mark asking Jadon to do an Interview on his show, I dont know was that guy has such a massive anti-ETH agenda.

Asger

Sancho this season against Wolves
There is also similar of him doing this against Spurs away this season

ETH has had enough of him

Thats him in the game, imagine him in training
This is usally what Rashford does as well....

antohan

Saudi Arabia can still sign players, hopefully entice them into bidding for Sancho on a loan or permanently. Good player in the wrong team, needs a lot of support around him to show case what he can do.
If only he could grow a beard we could fool them into an alternative use for the Salah money.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Jadon Sancho has overstepped the mark and bahaved extremly unproffesionally, if he did this during the Fergie era he would have been shown the door.

I see Piers Morgan was quick off the mark asking Jadon to do an Interview on his show, I dont know was that guy has such a massive anti-ETH agenda.
Morgan hates United. We ruined his life like so many others

Irwin99

I'm pretty sure they weighed up lots of things but it's telling that he was never fancied by Southgate, that he didn't go straight into the first team when he signed (someone please feel free to correct me on this but i seem to recall lots of people wondering why our 80 million signing wasn't starting) and now all this. I just can't see the guy making it here at all.

Jesus some of our 80 million signings have been catastrophic value for money.

saik

Yup, but the issue is Rashford is our best attacker and scored 30 goals last season. So, people give him some kind of leeway for being lax defensively.

Tony247

Full support to the manager. He has done a lot for Sancho and even after that the player is not up to the mark then that's sad. There is no reason for ETH to lie, and actually he absolutely shouldn't in such case.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
In fairness it seems to happen to you a lot, maybe you're pointing thd finger in the wrong direction.

Our very own Ten Hag - Sancho situation.

antohan

Except with Rashford it can be useful because upon recovery we can hurt rivals on the break. You could argue the same with Garnacho. There's no such upside with Sancho, so there's no way he is following any instruction or choosing not to due to an attacking instinct.

justsomebloke

Yup, but the issue is Rashford is our best attacker and scored 30 goals last season. So, people give him some kind of leeway for being lax defensively.
Don't know exactly what kind of instructions the players get for these situations of course, but it is a thought that how we get all those great counterattack goals is having the right players free in those positions if and when we regain the ball. So it's not necessarily so clear-cut how to judge that clip.

justsomebloke

Except with Rashford it can be useful because upon recovery we can hurt rivals on the break. You could argue the same with Garnacho. There's no such upside with Sancho, so there's no way he is following any instruction or choosing not to due to an attacking instinct.
That's not quite true though. It's not that rare for him to be involved on the break.