Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

kidbob

Atm. we cannot rely on transfers, so we really have to try and get as much as possible from Diallo and Pellistri. They've already shown the talent (especially the latter), so whether we like it or not it's time for them to get some serious minutes even if it means throwing them in at the deep end
Yep agree with this. I'd rather throw them in than Sancho play another minute for this club.

RuudTom83

What's the latest count of ex-Dortmund players who failed at United? 3 - Kagawa, Mkhi, Sancho...?

What if we include failed Dortmund players in England in general?
I would put Brighton on the same list with Dortmund...players just look different after a move from those 2 clubs.

Best to just stay well clear.

TrueRed79

Putting in the work on his week off.

"It's his time off. He can do whatever he likes."

Yeah yeah, don't want to hear it. Fans can see how lazy he is on the pitch. His manager has publicly criticised his training. His career at United is hanging by a thread and he is partying in New York. Tosser. Roll on January and draw a line under him. Give his minutes to Amad (when fit) and Pellistri.
Says it all. Can't get picked for club or country and this is what he thinks is an appropriate response. On top of that idiotic Twitter post. Unbelievable, Sancho. Really smart stuff from a top earner who isn't producing anything whatsoever. Hopefully he is sent to the reserves or benched till he is sold/loaned. Can't stand him.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I would put Brighton on the same list with Dortmund...players just look different after a move from those 2 clubs.

Best to just stay well clear.
It is more a United issue than a Dortmund one. There are several ex-Dortmund players who did well. Ask City about Gündogan, Akanji, Haaland...

mu4c_20le

It is more a United issue than a Dortmund one. There are several ex-Dortmund players who did well. Ask City about Gündogan, Akanji, Haaland...
:lol: How can you guys claim Haaland when everyone knew he was something special, and he made it clear BVB was a stepping stone for him.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
:lol: How can you guys claim Haaland when everyone knew he was something special, and he made it clear BVB was a stepping stone for him.
I am not claiming anyone. What do you even mean? I just listed players that were at Dortmund and that also were a success elsewhere.

There were some red flags with Sancho and United's transfers over the last 10 years show, that they are not particularly great at identifying players that fit their club.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't know about him. He hardly ever starts a game for Dortmund ahead of Haller, Malen, Reus and Brandt, let alone being of the requisite quality to be helpful here.
He is still very young at the age of 18.

mu4c_20le

I am not claiming anyone. What do you even mean? I just listed players that were at Dortmund and that also were a success elsewhere.

There were some red flags with Sancho and United's transfers over the last 10 years show, that they are not particularly great at identifying players that fit their club.
It isn't the first time I've seen him used as an example of BVB or Bundesliga exports being successful, but imo he is an obvious exception.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The problem is, when you are looking for standout talents, there will always be an agent there, squeezing every penny out of the interested club.
Sancho was definitely one of the most talented young players around at that time.
We were the only ones in the running for him.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

mu4c_20le

Plastic Evra

You look at the list of high profile Borussia sales recently and I think plenty of players are doing fine. Some busts but a lot of very big names now too. The oddity is really that all United recruits from there flopped hard (with Kagawa being more very underwhelming than a Titanic bomb ?).

RedStarUnited

Putting in the work on his week off.

"It's his time off. He can do whatever he likes."

Yeah yeah, don't want to hear it. Fans can see how lazy he is on the pitch. His manager has publicly criticised his training. His career at United is hanging by a thread and he is partying in New York. Tosser. Roll on January and draw a line under him. Give his minutes to Amad (when fit) and Pellistri.
The other problem with this is, he didnt have to stop and take this picture! He could have got away with this trip without all the media stuff around it.

To a rich person like him, New York is relatively close and can easily be done as a one nighter from the UK. For example; He can leave his house at 4pm, be on the private jet by 5 and land in NYC by 7pm local time. Go have dinner, party and be back on the jet by 3/4 am flying back to the UK and land in the afternoon next day.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It isn't the first time I've seen him used as an example of BVB or Bundesliga exports being successful, but imo he is an obvious exception.
Why? He was one of several extremely talented young players who moved to Dortmund for their development and for whom it was clear that it would be a stepping stone. The other players in that category were Sancho and Bellingham.

mu4c_20le

Why? He was one of several extremely talented young players who moved to Dortmund for their development and for whom it was clear that it would be a stepping stone. The other players in that category were Sancho and Bellingham.
I feel that they would have been successful also if they went to serie A, or eredivisie. Gundogan was a perfect example because he grew up in the system. I'm sure there are better examples than Haaland to show that bundesliga talents can thrive elsewhere.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Uh oh, just read what GS said about Foden.
PF PR to the rescue! Any second now..
National media outrage. Any second now..
Oh, that was written 7 hours ago?
Darn. Anyway...

RuudTom83

I take your point, but I would never use City to prove it...they are so well run at the moment they could carry my nan upfront and she's dead.

ColvaleGoa

What a let down.what a talent to waste.

Guess this guy doesn't want to fight , just a warrior on twitter. Will be interesting to see how EtH manages the right wing,,goes with youth or plays it safe with Mount/Fernandes. I hope he opts for the youth option.

vanderpants

It's looking like his days are numbered now and I can see him being moved on in January, he hasn't helped himself at times, the days leading up to the arsenal games he' was late for training more than once

Plastic Evra

Jadon's virtues or sins are really not contingent on posting a vacation photo on his IG.
There's plenty enough to latch on with his attitude to criticism from the coach & his pitch form.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I actually had a big soft spot for Jadon and thought this could be salvaged but if you're moronic enough to show the world that the celeb lifestyle is more your thing than working while many of your teammates are off playing in the internationals then you need to check yourself. Especially when the club has given you so much time and support to deal with your mental health.

He's in a small group of some of the highest paid athletes in the world. Wish we could take that approach to our work and still roll in the cash.

Irwin99

Hopefully the issue is resolved or is being resolved. Honestly though, if he does play again and his performances remain at the same level I can't see the OT crowd being as supportive as they have been to him. Thin ice!

kidbob

No small steps, no reprieve. The lad is lazy and toxic for this squad. He's paid 350k a week to barely even be a bench level player. I hope ETH doesn't forgive and he is done here. No more accepting this shit.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
People are so weird. Lad uses his time off to have time off and people rage.

Teja

So what's the latest? Did they have a clear the air meeting? Given the leaks from the club, I feared the worst.

andy0

"I think that’s the challenge for him now. It’s been the best part of a couple of years since we worked with him, it’s difficult to say exactly the position that he finds himself and where he is with it all. But for every player that’s not with us, there is always an opportunity if they can seize the form and have the level of performances."

Gareth Southgate

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
He's deleted the pinned tweet finally

It shouldn't be seen as a hint to anything. The number of clubs who could have afforded him at the time was very small so there were never going to be many options. Also, maybe he had his heart set on us.
But of course, no other club would give 21 year old those wages.