Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

Highfather_24

Eh I don’t know? I’m not defending Sancho ffs, this place is infuriating :lol:
People are being so touchy about this its insane, like you just have to pick a side. Its about United, and you're right, this has gone on for too long. The circus needs to stop.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I kind of worry where this is going with his mental health. When I was depressed, playing video games to lose myself in a pseudo alternative world until late in the night and then oversleeping, being late to classes were a regular feature. I deleted all my socials too and began isolating. This feels very sadly relatable.
Crossed my mind too...

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I kind of worry where this is going with his mental health. When I was depressed, playing video games to lose myself in a pseudo alternative world until late in the night and then oversleeping, being late to classes were a regular feature. I deleted all my socials too and began isolating. This feels very sadly relatable.
If it’s something to do with mental health I don’t think ETH would have called him out in public. ETH believes in discipline but he’s not a heartless monster. Plus there are trained medical professionals at the club who can identify any sort of mental health issues.

This feels to me like someone who’s being rebellious and doesn’t want to deal with the criticism he’s receiving on social media although to be honest social media is a shit place for any athlete and they probably shouldn’t be on there in the first place.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Find it odd that some journos/fans outside of the United seem to be on Sancho's "side" in all of this.

I'm sure they all continually disrespect their managers continually in their jobs and everything is just fine.

flameinthesun

Find it odd that some journos/fans outside of the United seem to be on Sancho's "side" in all of this.

I'm sure they all continually disrespect their managers continually in their jobs and everything is just fine.
I agree. From the journos side I understand it as it serves the "United is in Chaos" narrative that seems to be the theme amongst the press for this season, so its understandable that they are going to try and stir up conflict. From our own fans its absolutely bizarre as no one would be saying this if it was Sir Alex that did it. Even those saying, yes Sancho was wrong but why don't they just get into a room and sort it out is still an undercover way of putting some of the blame on Ten Hag. If Sancho has to train alone until the Winter then that's absolutely fine. If some in the squad have issues with it it is absolutely fine, at least we know the ones now who don't have the right mentality to take this team forward. There is no need for Ten Hag to resolve this, the ball is in Sancho's court, Ten Hag does not need him, the team doesn't really need him even with injuries (which is a statement in itself regarding what Sancho has done in his time here). All Ten Hag has to do is focus on the team and those who want to fight for the badge.

crossy1686

career ending
It's more likely that the PFA have told him to deactivate his socials and do nothing further to inflame the issues until they can have a sit down with the club. I wouldn't jump to massive conclusions.

TrueRed79

What ETH said in public wasn't even that bad! Sancho has blown this all out of proportion because he's a complete imbecile, and clearly very thin skinned. Can't we loan him out so that his value doesn't depreciate even more? Better than him stinking up the place because he clearly doesn't want to be here.

sugar_kane

It’s not odd at all, they will always hate everything we do and want to paint us as the bad guys and see us fail.

They also want Ten Hag out because he’s the best Manchester we’ve had in ten years and arguably one of the best in world football.

It’s the same reason no one seems to give a shit how badly Chelsea are doing after spending a billion pounds in two seasons.

Marwood

Except with the ommision of Greenwood and Antony for non football reasons it is detrimental to the team. I dont like Sancho either but that is a fact and as I said before with the potential injury to Garnacho or Rashford we are f... because ETH is stubborn
If this or thar happens doesn't really matter until it happens.

But right now we've options out wide. Garnacho currently isn't getting a kick. I'd rather have Mejbri right mid than Sancho.

Bruno, Mount, Pellistri. Even Amrabat I reckon would give us more as a right mid.

sugar_kane

Sancho has at least achieved something as a United player. He’s made what Ronaldo did seem slightly more reasonable, at least Ronny had achieved nearly everything there was to achieve in football and been one of the finest to ever grace our game.

What’s this lad ever done beyond a decent spell at Dortmund?

He should be thanking the club for being stupid enough for making him one of the highest paid players in world football, and praying they don’t somehow take that away from him.

spiriticon

It literally is their business.
Surely they don't go sticking their nose into every player disciplinary issue. We're still paying Sancho his 350k a week while he's playing FIFA so he's definitely not our slave.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Sancho’s an immature bellend.

Let him fritter his career away. Guy deserves nothing from us, he had his chance but he’s just doubling down on what a complete shaft he is.

Infuriating that we attract these poisonous characters.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I always thought he'd flop at United, but this is way beyond my expectations

spiriticon

If his mental health is poor, he needs to declare it, stop playing and seek professional help. If he recovers, he can play football again later.

I keep saying, the demands of top-level football is not for everybody.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Surely they don't go sticking their nose into every player disciplinary issue. We're still paying Sanchi his 350k a week while he's playing FIFA so he's definitely not our slave.
Every player issue? No, of course not.

This has been an issue for nearly a month now though and (if reports are to be believed) the player is not allowed to train or access the training facilities. If not now, when should the union get involved?

DickDastardly

Good for Jadon.

Deactivate social media.
Seek professional help if needed, nothing wrong with that.
Buckle down, work hard, patch things up with your manager and restart your career and your life.

Find a woman that supports you.

cyberman

If his mental health is poor, he needs to declare it, stop playing and seek professional help. If he recovers, he can play football again later.

I keep saying, the demands of top-level football is not for everybody.
I think people using mental health out of the blue for this is disgusting to be honest. It’s not a phrase that should just be thrown around

spiriticon

Every player issue? No, of course not.

This has been an issue for nearly a month now though and (if reports are to be believed), the player is not allowed to train or access the training facilities. If not now, when should the union get involved?
A month is literally nothing. We've benched other players for longer. Maybe Sancho asked for help (I don't know), but if he didn't, then they have no business interfering at this time.

I am quite open to a mutual termination of the contract if he wants out. If he wants the money, then fair play but keep training with the U18s.

IRN-BRUno

Even if Sancho had been made a scapegoat by Ten Hag this is bizarre behaviour. In that situation you'd maybe expect someone to keep their head down and either work harder to prove him wrong, or do enough to not make the situation any worse until you can leave.

The longer he keeps this up the more difficult it is for him only. If he eventually apologises he's still not getting straight back into the team, only to training where he'll have to earn his place in the squad. If he doesn't and continues to act unprofessionally then it's a huge warning sign to any club interested in him when his fee/wages already limit the amount of sides who could offer him a way out.

NLunited

I think Sancho is done, here and anywhere. This is what too much money can do to immature young players.

We signed him on an insane salary, which in retrospect is a big mistake.

Someone said Mourinho didn‘t publicly criticize his players :lol:

He would have thrown Jadon under the bus, then lighted it on fire.

Castia

Good for Jadon.

Deactivate social media.
Seek professional help if needed, nothing wrong with that.
Buckle down, work hard, patch things up with your manager and restart your career and your life.

Find a woman that supports you.
That’s where it gets tough for poor Jadon

Im not buying this mental health bollocks he’s been called out at every club he’s been at for unprofessional behaviour, even Southgate at England commented on his professionalism.

He’s absolutely buzzing to be sat at home on Fifa let’s have it right. He’s always late for training to the point the manager has to give you a personalised schedule? give me a break

spiriticon

Even if Sancho had been made a scapegoat by Ten Hag this is bizarre behaviour. In that situation you'd maybe expect someone to keep their head down and either work harder to prove him wrong, or do enough to not make the situation any worse until you can leave.

The longer he keeps this up the more difficult it is for him only. If he eventually apologises he's still not getting straight back into the team, only to training where he'll have to earn his place in the squad. If he doesn't and continues to act unprofessionally then it's a huge warning sign to any club interested in him when his fee/wages already limit the amount of sides who could offer him a way out.
Exactly. At this point I'm sure we're quite open to turfing him out in January, but surely no self-respecting big club will want him.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
A month is literally nothing. We've benched other players for longer. Maybe Sancho asked for help (I don't know), but if he didn't, then they have no business interfering at this time.

I am quite open to a mutual termination of the contract if he wants out. If he wants the money, then fair play but keep training with the U18s.
This isn't being benched though, not even close. I don't know what you think the PFA is but this is literally their business, 100%.

And by the way, getting the PFA involved can only be good for Man United. Better that Sancho is getting advice from then than whoever the feck is advising him now.

spiriticon

This isn't being benched though, not even close. I don't know what you think the PFA is but this is literally their business, 100%.

And by the way, getting the PFA involved can only be good for Man United. Better that Sancho is getting advice from then than whoever the feck is advising him now.
Being benched, 'not selected for the first team' , 'called up for duty with U23s' - call it anything you want. We have the right to play him in any of our teams that he is eligible for. It doesn't mean that because he is £73 million, he has the right to be considered for only the first team.

I don't know what the PFA wants to do but if they advise us to take him back into the first-team fold at this time against the manager's wishes, they can do one.

Jeffthered

Some people level mental health as a concern, and perhaps it is. But Sancho could address this very easiily, by just saying sorry and drawing a line under this. A football club is not the problem here, remember the allegation made against Sancho: he wasn't performing to expected standards in training. Think about that. Rio Ferdinand said that Sancho could have responded by going out and proving a point to the manager. But no, he tosses around on social media. While the club has so many other issues to contend with.

re mental health, there are many, many, many people across society, all levels, who are struggling, and do not have the benefit of wealth, and complete control of what they may be able to do next. Jadon Sancho can do whatever he wants. Absolutely.

How many people who suffer from mental health would love to be able to be in such a position?

Sancho needs to show some humility, perspective and frankly, grow up. Luke Shaw received far more crtiticism from Mourinho, and he has turned himself around, to become a key player for club and country. No histrionics. Just a little more focus and hard work. Sancho could learn from this.

Maticmaker

Looks like Sancho is turning out to be the classic 'square peg in a round hole'. Jadon's game (when he's on it') is 'pass and move' and short pass play- making in and around the opposition box. However, we don't play like that, as Donny discovered, especially since Mata left.
Maybe that's what ETH wants to change and why he has persevered with Sancho this far; however, Sancho's apparent unwillingness to train properly and at times 'sacrifice-self is making progress not only slow but also coming to a full stop.
'
You find out more about who people really are when things are not going well for them and maybe now ETH is discovering there is quite a few things he wasn't aware of about Sancho.
Looks like its tears before bedtime!

Last edited:

chocolate cloud

As someone who has dealt with mental health issues in the past 15 years and getting treatment for it, I have absolutely no sympathy for 375K a week Sancho.

He's piggy-backing off the mental health card when it appears he can't be bothered to do his job.

Where are his family and advisors in all this? Why can't they give him a kick up the arse?

This is absolutely embarrassing and childish from his side. He's 23. He's a grown adult.

If he has mental health issues, I'm sure as hell Manchester United would have him sorted with psychiatric treatment and the best available services.

He is pathetic. And he's never impressed me with him in the team.

Get rid. No time for his nonsense.

norm87cro

If this or thar happens doesn't really matter until it happens.

But right now we've options out wide. Garnacho currently isn't getting a kick. I'd rather have Mejbri right mid than Sancho.

Bruno, Mount, Pellistri. Even Amrabat I reckon would give us more as a right mid.
Non of the mentioned players are wide options (prehaps Mount could do it). And it has already happened since we started the season with potential 5 wide players and now we have two and non of those absences happend due to injury

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Great point. Maybe he finally will get some better advice from them and help look after him and his well being and allow him to move forward. And definitely better for the club as well.

DavelinaJolie

If mental health issues are at play, I would imagine the club would have appropriate staffing/services to access for support, and if not or Sancho doesn't feel comfortable using the club resources then has the financial ability to source those independently.

As for shutting down his Instagram, fair play. I can't imagine he gets a lot of positive comments recently and those can be quite detrimental. Fan criticism isn't really scrutiny and it can end up being abusive and invasive.

Syphon Wallet

Looks like Sancho is turning out to be the classic 'square peg in a round hole'. Jadon's game (when he's on it') is 'pass and move' and short pass play- making in and around the opposition box. However, we don't play like that, as Donny discovered, especially since Mata left.
Maybe that's what ETH wants to change and why he has persevered with Sancho this far; however, Sancho's apparent unwillingness to train properly and at times 'sacrifice-self is making progress not only slow but also coming to a full stop.
'
You find out more about who people really are when things are not going well for them and maybe now ETH is discovering there is quite a few things he wasn't aware of about Sancho.
Looks like its tears before bedtime!
We could really do with "Jadons game" right now.
Someone who can pick a pass in the box and create assists for others, but he's not on his game, he hasn't been on it to a high enough level for the whole time he's been with us.
I actually wanted him to work out for us, but looks no way back for him at this juncture.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

No one is. Only to create headlines. And he might have crossed that point of return so…

Laurencio

Being benched, 'not selected for the first team' , 'called up for duty with U23s' - call it anything you want. We have the right to play him in any of our teams that he is eligible for. It doesn't mean that because he is £73 million, he has the right to be considered for only the first team.

I don't know what the PFA wants to do but if they advise us to take him back into the first-team fold at this time against the manager's wishes, they can do one.
I imagine their concern is that a player is banned from using club fascilities for a minor disciplinary issue, which I would assume isn't it line with their agreement with the league about player workplace protections.

nickm

We only think there is a "mental health" issue because ETH, who's not a native English speaker said, "Sometimes there are circumstances with fitness and mood. We got a drop of level and sometimes you don't know why or what is causing it. That is what we're doing now to try to get him back there. It's a combination of physical but also mentally."

My sense is that he wasn't talking about Sancho's "mental health" in the medical sense, he was talking about his attitude, mentality, motivation, focus etc. The sorts of thing sports psychologists deal with.