Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

r0663664

Worships Man City
No player would join the club if a water structure like that was implemented. It may have worked during the 1950's but not in the present day.
Really? Mercenaries, are they? Maybe they need collective bargaining like American sport where wages are capped so it doesn't go out of control.

RuudTom83

To be honest even when we were playing badly it was still Sancho who. A lot of people didn't even notice him missing from the squad vs Arsenal.... :lol:
Yeah very true...also Sancho played 41 times last season, but most of us can only remember him playing/scoring against Liverpool...what did he do in the other 40 appearances :confused:

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
It's well know what his tag(?) is and people are streaming whilst playing against him. It gets screenshot and then posted around. The joke is he is getting paid 350K a week to do it.
That answers my question thanks! It is pretty disappointing. Can't quite fathom how his mind operates. Really entitled. Not taking any responsibility as well.

Thomas A.Anderson

Its actually sad how a few of you are ignorant (or you just like nitpicking without an argument) about the fact that Mourhino truly is one of the greats in the modern history of football (IMO but really has the track record to prove it) but that wasnt my point. (or the fact that some of the CAF agrees with it or not)
There are a lot similarities between ETHs view of Sancho and Mourhinos on Pogba. Its just that the fabase is still on ETHs side and nobody has the minerals to at least acknowledge this argument and that is a bit sad because I thought we came to talk about football acknowledging each others opinion and not making fun of each other with no intention of making an argument.
Sorry, I slightly misread that first post. Yes, I agree with this.

But he was well past it at United let's be real, and the football was shit. Was all of it his fault, probably not.

I don't think there are too many similarities between Pogba and Sancho, Pogba was a professional, he maybe didn't deliver on the pitch what we expected at the end, but there were never any reports of him being late to any training or meeting. He also never did any stupid post online about Mourinho, and he probably had much more reason to do that than Sancho does.

Chumpsbechumps

But he was well past it at United let's be real, and the football was shit. Was all of it his fault, probably not.

I don't think there are too many similarities between Pogba and Sancho, Pogba was a professional, he maybe didn't deliver on the pitch what we expected at the end, but there were never any reports of him being late to any training or meeting. He also never did any stupid post online about Mourinho, and he probably had much more reason to do that than Sancho does.
I don’t get this “he was well past it at United” thinking.

He won the league with Chelsea 12 months before joining us..

Thomas A.Anderson

I don’t get this “he was well past it at United” thinking.

He won the league with Chelsea 12 months before joining us..
He was past at it then also in my opinion. That doesn't mean he is not capable of winning matches.

His last great team was Inter in 2010, but not just in terms of winning. They dominated matches, controlled the game, did with and without the ball what they wanted.

Around that time football changed, Guardiola came in full force with tiki taka and Klopp with gegenpressing and they influenced the game around the globe. He couldn't or didn't know how to adapt. His football became more and more reductive counter attacking style with lots of off the pitch issues. It's not just that he parks the bus, he did that before. But in his prime years 2004-2010 when he did that he had control, oponent was limited and couldn't create shit. He lost that, that cohesion and mentality that his Porto, Chelsea first time and Inter had, he couldn't replicate anymore.

Chumpsbechumps

He was past at it then also in my opinion. That doesn't mean he is not capable of winning matches.

His last great team was Inter in 2010, but not just in terms of winning. They dominated matches, controlled the game, did with and without the ball what they wanted.

Around that time football changed, Guardiola came in full force with tiki taka and Klopp with gegenpressing and they influenced the game around the globe. He couldn't or didn't know how to adapt. His football became more and more reductive counter attacking style with lots of off the pitch issues. It's not just that he parks the bus, he did that before. But in his prime years 2004-2010 when he did that he had control, oponent was limited and couldn't create shit. He lost that, that cohesion and mentality that his Porto, Chelsea first time and Inter had, he couldn't replicate anymore.
He literally won the league and was manager of the year in 14/15,

I get what you are saying but when Jose was backed he won things. For all the messing going on the season United finished 2nd they were ahead of Klopps Liverpool.

He flipped at United for buying Fred and Dalot to help us bridge the gap to city. At this stage no United fan can honestly think our issue has been just managers being out of their depth or too old or too inexperienced or whatever.

Pep and Klopp would fail at United. No amount of sugar coating the sh*t show that is our club , can disguise that.

EireRed_GS

With alot of our injured players coming back and new players getting more minutes, I can see us getting a half decent run of games together and hopefully hitting some form. (prob with an exception of vs City), With Mount, Garnacho /Pellestri and Bruno able to do a job on the right, Sancho will become irrelevant quick enough, and hopefully he realises he's messed up.

He can sit and huff and play on his PS5 til stupid oClock in the morning all he wants, he'll just end up going down the same career path as Lingard. So much potential, but if you cant be bothered, whats the point?

NLunited

Looks like Sancho is turning out to be the classic 'square peg in a round hole'. Jadon's game (when he's on it') is 'pass and move' and short pass play- making in and around the opposition box. However, we don't play like that, as Donny discovered, especially since Mata left.
Maybe that's what ETH wants to change and why he has persevered with Sancho this far; however, Sancho's apparent unwillingness to train properly and at times 'sacrifice-self is making progress not only slow but also coming to a full stop.
'
You find out more about who people really are when things are not going well for them and maybe now ETH is discovering there is quite a few things he wasn't aware of about Sancho.
Looks like its tears before bedtime!
Yesterday we played lots of short passes, and Donny looked great when he came on. Right up Sancho‘s ally.

The better the team functions, the more we will see this pass and move play.

Based on the comments he's made, Sancho seems to be under the impression that performances don't matter because the manager has favourites like Antony that he will stick with regardless of performance. Can't say I disagree with Sancho on this point, considering how many poor performances certain players have gotten away with without losing their spot in the first 11.
Antony works his arse off for the team. He presses and tracks back, which Jadon doesn‘t do as well. We are missing Antony big time: he helps out defensively in midfield. Some of the goals we conceded would not have happened with him on the pitch.

If Jadon does the amount of work Antony does, we can discuss fairness.

Rashford is a better example: he doesn‘t work superhard. If he doesn‘t improve his game I can see him getting benched.

astracrazy

That answers my question thanks! It is pretty disappointing. Can't quite fathom how his mind operates. Really entitled. Not taking any responsibility as well.
Perhaps his mental age is lower than his actual age. Not the gaming, but the inability to turn if off and go to bed knowing your schedule tomorrow. I'm sure we have all been doing something where we think we really should go to bed, and either we do or we take responsibility in the morning and get up tired and live with it.

He acts like a teenager. As if he still needs a parent to tell him to go to bed else it will be taken away, wake him up in the morning, tell him to brush his teeth and make his bed before taking him to football training in time.

norm87cro

Yeah you are correct in some regard if you dont count his smug instagram post just after (not during though) the Mourhino sacking.

GoldanoGraham

Maybe Sancho has some form of mild attention deficiency and he lacks the ability to concentrate or relax/sleep - in a way a bit like Gazza was - big difference was that Gazza couldn’t wait to get on the pitch and give everything whereas Sancho has a ‘can’t be arsed attitude’ and doesn’t like criticism.

Unfortunately, there is now no way back for him under ETH. Not sure where his next move will be.

RedDevil@84

For the posters who keep on harping about ETH publicly talking about Sancho, here is something from Poch today

"with Mudryk, I like to play hitting the crossbar from outside the box. He said to me today: ‘No, I’m not going to play any more with you because always you win.' Today was the first time that we draw."

This would have been "CRISIS AT UNITED" news and some of our fans would have been taking a dig at the manager for saying all this publicly and destroying player confidence and disturbing the player's mental health.

Rolaholic

Good thing he's not on £350k a week...

We would've already seen a response on social media :lol:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
We will never miss Jadon Sancho. Whether he's exiled from the team or simply sold, he's never put in more than 2 or 3 consistently above average performances in a row.

Garnacho is head and shoulders above the guy in a United shirt. His Dortmund form is frankly irrelevant in 2023.

IrishRedDevil

We will never miss Jadon Sancho. Whether he's exiled from the team or simply sold, he's never put in more than 2 or 3 consistently above average performances in a row.

Garnacho is head and shoulders above the guy in a United shirt. His Dortmund form is frankly irrelevant in 2023.
It’s hard to accept but totally true.

The fact is, the likes of Garnacho and Hannibal are actually bringing more to the team.

gaffs

That's a bit unfair isn't it?. Fans lack the resources or the expertise to delve deep into a prospective transfer signing character especially if the player plays in a league he doesn't follow closely. Clubs on the other hand should have people employed precisely for that, people with the right football contacts (with clubs and agencies) who can give a better idea on the player's behaviour in training etc. That's the supposed difference between a caf poster and a United DOF/ scout etc whose being paid thousands of pounds in football. Murtough is supposed to know better then devilish, gaffs etc

On paper sancho made sense. He was young, homegrown, talented, his stats was off the charts etc. The issues were deeper then what one could see with his naked eye in terms of performance and stats and were beyond the realms that can be reached by the average football fan
You are assuming United were not aware of potential character issues at the time of the transfer.

It is not like they were secret...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ussia-Dortmund-training-sleeping-problem.html

They may have thought the risk was worth the reward, or they had assurances from Sancho that any issues were in the past.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
How the feck did people bring Jose into this thread? Leave Maureen alone!!!1

MrBest

He's earned about 36m since being here so far. That actually makes me sick. It's not his fault, it's our fault and fifa fault. You give a kid that much money, what possibly can they do with it. More needs to be done in football to protect young players from big salaries, not all can cope with the fame and pressures and its unfair for fans to burden a young player to perform to the value and wage they have. I think fifa needs to add a cap on salaries for under 24s, max 150k World wide. Only once they make it can they earn the crazy. Too many big talents are being lost by stupid money. I believe sancho has all the talent in the world, his personal problems and expectations put on him have made him crack. Hag did so well to protect him last year, he messed up again this year by bad mouthing the manager. I think its best for Sancho to move on, resume his career at a club with less pressure and limelight.

RedDevil@84

I think its best for Sancho to move on, resume his career at a club with less pressure and limelight.
And that won't happen because he is sitting on lot of pending money. It is a difficult choice to give up that kind of money.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I agree that the manager should stamp his authority on this but that's why I think an immediate meeting would be best. Hag can find out exactly what Sancho's problem is, Sancho gets a chance to explain himself and then the boss decides what to do.
I dunno. I disagreed with Ten Hag bringing it up just after a loss in which Sancho didn't play, as it did seem like scapegoating...but the problem has obviously occurred before then and its obviously to do with Sancho's work rate or application.

I don't think putting them both in a meeting does anything to show Ten Hag that Sancho has realised he's fecked up and is going to apply himself properly. That would have to come from Sancho coming to Ten Hag off his own back to say so.

And as much as the media have made a fuss over it, from Ten Hag's point of view I just don't think he'd see an issue with one player who he barely picks, barely does anything when he is picked, and who he had to send away for half of last season anyway, as a problem he HAS to sort out.

If it was Rashford for example it would be different, but at what point since Sancho has been at United has Sancho been an important part of the United team? I'm not even sure he'd be getting picked at the moment ahead of Pellistri/Hannibal because at least those two will work their socks off to do what the manager asks.

tomaldinho1

I dont buy the idea that the current generation of players is that soft. Jose was first successful with players from England's "golden generation". Terry was a magnet for controversy, Lampard was practically born into the Premier league and Cole was nicknamed Cashley. These weren't working class heroes. They were all over hyped millionaires who had pop star girlfriends who went to Chelsea for massive money. He was still successful with them.

The complaints about the "current generation" were just another way of deflecting blame.
I’m not sure how well this jives with reality.
Terry was and is a bellend but he worked like a dog and had an aggressive never say die mindset. He was always at Chelsea so hard to know if he would have tried to engineer a move for money as he’d always have been well looked after.
Lampard was born into a football family but it’s not like he was born into extreme wealth, he seems a very dedicated and hardworking player who was constantly told he wouldn’t make it and ended up being a PL great.
Ashley Cole was only known as Cashley because of the move to Chelsea which was a good 6-7 years into his career and when the insane salaries were coming in at Chelsea.

I’m sure all were motivated by money but they are far cry from the kids coming through now who are set for life within a year or two. I remember seeing Terry was on £8k a week and then Roman x10’d his salary in the early 00’s to £80k. Sancho is the same age as when that happened and is on £350k.

Irwin99

Remember the tweet. He said....

"I will continue to fight for this badge no matter what."

Yet he is doing exactly the opposite.
Did he ever actually start fighting for the badge, ever? I'd be interested to know how many times he's finished a full 90 minutes with United too.

SAFMUTD

I dont think things will get fixed now this is one of those quick fix or dont fix at all situation. It has escalated to the point where pride won't allow neither the manager nor the player to find middle ground. As it is ten Hag has the upper hand so Sancho will just feck off, probably on loan to Dortmund in january looking for his to get some numbers and sell him for a decent amount in the summer. It's over for Sancho here.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
When was the last time Sancho worked his ass off like Garnacho or Hannibal did yesterday?

Fans aren't fools. They watches you every week. Lack of talent is acceptable but lack of effort isn't.

bstb3

Well if he does that, I hope they have the decency to hold the interview live. That way when he's 20 minutes late and looking like he just got dragged out of bed, it will be good for the authenticity.