Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

InfiniteBoredom

Atm I strongly doubt this tbh.

If the reports about buyout clause and sale percentage are true then money is exactly what he and his father is after imo.

He is an unproven 19 years old so no way we could offer him a lucrative deal. I'd say 100 £k a week max, probably with a backup status contract, not even first team player.

Dortmund on the other hand must view him as a first team player. They'd offer him around 50 £k a week imo.

Which mean over 2-3 years here he would make an additional sum of 5 to 7 £m compared to Dortmund.

I have no idea about how much is his buyout clause and share percentage of the next sale at Dortmund but given that Raiola was involved, the buyout must be not too high to easily move him around but not too low so the shares would be sufficient. And the resale percentage must be pretty high. I'd say 60 £m and 25 % or even more. Which means 15 £m at the least next time he moves to another club. Not counting they'll get another signing on fee, agent fee compared to the move to Utd.

So, it's all about math and money imo. Which should be no surprise considering Raiola was involved.
That’s assuming he wouldn’t get a new contract and a pay raise at Utd in the same timeframe, with all the sign on bonuses. Also 7m guaranteed in the bank > potential 15m few years down the line. Loss of form, illness, injuries, not getting confidence of the coach can happen.

hobbers

Ok, don't let me bother you while you take a cheap dig at Ole.
It's not cheap, and I'm not happy about it.

First in what will probably be a long line of players who will choose to go somewhere else because they don't care for the idea of being part of Ole's project.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
More urgent matters that need attending. Get a number 10, RW and midfielder in first. We can look at the striking options then.
Agree. Playmakers (CM and AM) and a top RW are far more important.

Hawks2008

Joining a pathetic hipster club that is always going to be in the shadow of true prestige like Bayern Munich

Greenwood will make him look like a pub league footballer before long.

ZenMaster Coltrane

First in what will probably be a long line of players who will choose to go somewhere else because they don't care for the idea of being part of Ole's project.
You mean the project that's always one year out? Imagine OGS the Farmer, judge me on my crops next season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Players will always have multiple options to choose and they don't always pick the biggest club. They pick the club that best suits their development along with good wages.

Ramsey turned down ManUtd when we were PL and CL double winners, Bale rejected us, Shearer rejected us, Hazard rejected us and many have done in the past and many will be in the future.

It means nothing, it just means that particular player felt Dortmund was good move for him, for now.

vanderpants

Brilliant :lol: I love it when the usual transfer muppets get brought back down to earth. Most of you fell the usual media shite so they can make ££££, I presume the deal to Dortmund was agreed months ago.I take it Ed got a whiff dropped his pants and went running but failed yet again.Lets face it, we cant offer champions league football or a shot at the premier league, but we could offer a wet Tuesday night against Rochdale or a mid-table clash against Burnley ...... how far the mighty have fallen. Never mind Ole is at the wheel :lol:

El Jefe

Happy we didn't sign him. What this team needs is an experienced striker as an alternative to Martial rather than another young player.

As many have said Greenwood has potential to be a star and I would prefer developing him over Haaland.

Kostur

海尔的老板
United briefing it appears. For a change I probably believe it. Makes me question though why would anyone want to involve Raiola knowing how he is looking to line his pockets. What additional benefit would he have gotten Haaland?

He just got him the deal by the looks of it. It's easy to forget but we're still in bed with this fat piece of shit because of Pogba.

Kag

I’m just amazed the “SIGN A DOF!!” thread hasn’t been bumped.

Where is the next magical being working in Spain? One who speaks no English and has seldom stepped foot in Manchester. Sign that cnut, please!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We always needed a CM more than a forward.
If he’s a star at BD he’ll move on like the rest of them

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Disappointing on one hand as we do need a CF

On the other though we can't be sure this kid is the answer to that need and if the insertion of a buy out clause was required in any deal it really leaves that club vulnerable down the road

AFC NimbleThumb

Yeah je turned us down... He didn't pick Dortmund but turned us down.
In fairness to @hobbers if the choice was Dortmund & ourselves him choosing Dortmund is turning United down.

Either way, with his limited public admiration OgS hasn’t got his man.

roonster09

Scout
I’m just amazed the “SIGN A DOF!!” thread hasn’t been bumped.

Where is the next magical being working in Spain? One who speaks no English and has seldom stepped foot in Manchester. Sign that cnut, please!
It's actually hilarious how few are worked up by this transfer. I mean ManUtd should be the first pick for any player, only if we reject them they can sign for any other club.

No player turned us down before, it's happening only post SAF, at least going by few posts I have to believe that nonsense.

InfiniteBoredom

Agree. Playmakers (CM and AM) and a top RW are far more important.
I actually think a top tier CB is still important, which is crazy considering the amount of money we’ve spunked on the position in recent years.

Is our current midfield options at the moment worse than Henderson/Milner/Wijnadum/Llana/Ox in 2018?Getting Van Dijk was transformational for Pool, so did getting Pique for Pep’s Barca. Getting that rock at the defence who can playmake would up the confidence of the whole team and get them playing more aggressive. Can still see us getting cut through like butter on the counter with a new playmaker/right winger, which is not to say we don’t need one.

roonster09

Scout
It is funny, but I hope this kid is not just going to be shunted around to line his dad and Raiola's pockets. I do not like the thought of a dad not putting his kids welfare first. Hope this is not one of those cases.
Tbf Raiola is awesome for players, that's why so many pick him as agent. He does what's best for the player.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
As Dortmund fan I’d imagine it’s not pleasant for you to hear that he’d only move there because Utd doesn’t agree to a release clause, but do you actually have any cause to believe we’d agree to one?
Looking at who released this info and when it seems fairly obvious to me that this is a spinning exercise from United, as lots of people believed it certain that he would sign for them and are bound to be disappointed. You have to look at this thread to see how effective it is.

Whether that claim is actually true or not I don't know. F-w-i-w Dortmund have categorically ruled out the inclusion of release clauses in their contracts a while back and signed two Raiola clients since, so to give one to Haaland would a significant deviation from their club policy. I could see some gentlemen's agreement that promises they will listen to offers after two or three years.

ash_86

Agree that there is no way Ole is accepting a deal like that even if it's the player he oversaw. Good decision by the club

Andersons Dietician

I mean it’s probably the right career move for his development currently. If he continues improving then surely in 2 years a bigger European club will move for him.
Going to move to the Kai Havertz thread now. Maybe if we are desperate for a striker Izak will be available.

Kag

It's actually hilarious how few are worked up by this transfer. I mean ManUtd should be the first pick for any player, only if we reject them they can sign for any other club.

No player turned us down before, it's happening only post SAF, at least going by few posts I have to believe that nonsense.
Indeed. I remember begging my Dad to get me a United top with Ronaldinho on the back. Thank Christ he didn’t.

We’ve been missing out on players for years. As do all clubs.

JG3001

I’m surprised so many people are gutted, I think we have more pressing areas to sort out in midfield than attack. Though obviously some reinforcements at striker would be welcome.

roonster09

Scout
Indeed. I remember begging my Dad to get me a United top with Ronaldinho on the back. Thank Christ he didn’t.

Yeah, Ramsey rejected us to join Arsenal when we were double winners and best team in the world. Bale, Hazard, Shearer all rejected us to join inferior teams and clubs.

People think players are robots, some algorithm is run and they join the biggest club.

InfiniteBoredom

We’ve even missed out on a player pictured with our shirt :lol:

The last 6 years sure did a number on the collective psyche of this fan base. Can’t handle the slightest of rejection.

prateik

Might be spin.. but that is typical Riola.. De Ligt has a buy out clause too iirc.

I have no issues if we just refuse to deal with Riola .. ever.. or if we do, he gets no special treatment.

Kag

We’ve even missed out on a player pictured with our shirt :lol:

The last 6 years sure did a number on the collective psyche of this fan base. Can’t handle the slightest of rejection.
Pretty much. Can only image the furore surrounding the club if we were to have taken photos of a player only not to sign them under Woodward. A little like the fabled Liverpool recruitment team and Nabil Fekir.

These things happen.

Hawks2008

I’m surprised so many people are gutted, I think we have more pressing areas to sort out in midfield than attack. Though obviously some reinforcements at striker would be welcome.
I'm not gutted, who wouldn't wish to be stuck with mediocrity like Martial?

DVG7

If we are buying another striker, he has to be experienced at the top level and prepared to spend time on the bench. Haaland, who lets not forget has only really been tearing it up for a financially doped club in the Austrian super league, would probably be expecting lots of game time and I’m not convinced he’s better than what we currently have. Rashford martial and greenwood has so much potential, why do anything to ruin it especially with a raiola client.