Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or hype
£86m
Much of it written by you

This is more of the big swinging dicks school of football which brought us Maguire for £80m. Remember him? The player we were told would score us 6 goals/season from corners.

Meanwhile - away from masturbation fantasies - back to the stats - Haaland makes just 19 passes per game with a pass completion rate of just 61% - which will get worse in the PL. He wins just ½ an arial per game despite his massive height of 195cm. He doesn't really tackle nor intercept - so no defending from the front.
Maguire is a very good signing. He’s barely played 20 games and settled in far quicker than the likes of Vidic and Stam.

Such a specific no - 6 goals from corners... and considering we went a year without scoring from a corner when he joined...

Do you really think ‘hype’ from a forum of misfits has any impact on a transfer?

HowYouDoin

Only scores penalties and too old. Do not want.

just need some white text in there haah

Hughie77

This idea that Ole just needs a striker is complete gash. We could have Messi up top and we’ll still struggle to score goals as we’re not being coached properly.
Did it say only a striker!. One at a time, it's not the coaching is the whole issues it's lack of quality especially in the final 3rd, and a top finisher would solve at least 1. We also need a top CM as well, your right we would struggle with Messi though.

Mainoldo

Can he actually be part of a team that would eventually play good football? Just wondering.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
His father made an interesting point on talkshite. He said it would be a mistake from RB to price him too high. It would weaken their position when recruiting in the future because young players would be reluctant to go there knowing RB put crazy asking prices on their players.

AneRu

Did it say only a striker!. One at a time, it's not the coaching is the whole issues it's lack of quality especially in the final 3rd, and a top finisher would solve at least 1. We also need a top CM as well, your right we would struggle with Messi though.
I think we need a No.10 more than we need a striker, we create far too few chances and it's mostly to do with the lack of quality final passes which leaves our forwards too isolated and not involved enough.

Dan_F

My worry is that in his goals video he gets put into some real good positions to have a crack on goal. We barely create 2 chances in this team... :/
isn’t that the same for most central strikers (I mean actual strikers, not wide/inside forwards). Obviously we have a lot of issues with creativity, but we’d still benefit massively putting a decent striker up top.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
His father made an interesting point on talkshite. He said it would be a mistake from RB to price him too high. It would weaken their position when recruiting in the future because young players would be reluctant to go there knowing RB put crazy asking prices on their players.
Neymar's father nemesis.

Tarrou

a lot of people seem to object to this signing on the basis that the rest of our team is crap and won't create chances

I mean that might be true but a proper striker isn't going to hurt is it

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I think we need a No.10 more than we need a striker, we create far too few chances and it's mostly to do with the lack of quality final passes which leaves our forwards too isolated and not involved enough.
Yep, we definitely need that creative force in midfield, and probably a Maddison or McGinn type of player who can get into the box from deep positions, like Garner does in the U23'S, hang on?

AneRu

a lot of people seem to object to this signing on the basis that the rest of our team is crap and won't create chances

He isn't going to hurt us but such a huge fee will certainly be an either or type of situation. If sign a striker for big money in the winter we won't get an AM and vise versa. This is the Man Utd under the Glazers we are talking about.
Yep, we definitely need that creative force in midfield, and probably a Maddison or McGinn type of player who can get into the box from deep positions, like Garner does in the U23'S, hang on?
I know Garner isn't ready but he is almost dead cert to make it and I think that if Ole used him in a 3 men midfield or as part of the 4 in a 3-4-3 midfield he'd be better placed to influence games with his passing. What happened in Belgrade was madness, a limited McT was going forward leaving a kid making his debut isolated, another example of poor coaching or lack of tactical instructions. McT was supposed to stay with Garner and arge him to drive forward.

Acquire Me

We will never come near our standards with that mentality. Thankfully it’s only the Caf.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I said that earlier in this thread. £60m is a very reasonable fee for him. You could potentially make it higher to 70-80, if the 40 of it is in performance related bonuses. No team is going to drop a huge amount upfront for him.

theklr

I actually think Haaland will only go places where he is guaranteed to start every game. Going to a big club where he will be 2nd choice/impact sub, like he would be here, wouldnt benefit him. And I think he and his people are smart enough to be aware of that. Especially since Premier League would be a huge step up quality wise. Maybe he would go for a transfer and then a loan back option.

AkaAkuma

Or hype
£86m

This is more of the big swinging dicks school of football which brought us Maguire for £80m. Remember him? The player we were told would score us 6 goals/season from corners.

Meanwhile - away from masturbation fantasies - back to the stats - Haaland makes just 19 passes per game with a pass completion rate of just 61% - which will get worse in the PL. He wins just ½ an arial per game despite his massive height of 195cm. He doesn't really tackle nor intercept - so no defending from the front.
Nice contrast to the hype going on. We don't need to pay a huge fee for somebody like him. We need a decent backup option at around 40m. Our budget needs to go on the creative players.

Handré1990

Nice contrast to the hype going on. We don't need to pay a huge fee for somebody like him. We need a decent backup option at around 40m. Our budget needs to go on the creative players.
You’re applauding someone simply for being contrary? He presses really well. Which strikers have lots of tackles and interceptions? Hmm...

«Back to the stats» :lol:

troylocker

Or hype
£86m

Needs to be said that these numbers are from CL-play alone (Genk[H], Liverpool [A] and Napoli x 2) and from an average of 68 minutes of playing time per match. The numbers will not get worse in PL and the number of passes will obviously increase with minutes played per match. He has a lot to improve on in the air given his height though.
Add to the numbers that he found the back of the net 7 times in the same four games.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

OleTheGreat

Seems promising but I still don't think he's a proven goal scorer. We still need experience for the team and that can only come with a proven goal scorer who can head the line.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I actually think Haaland will only go places where he is guaranteed to start every game. Going to a big club where he will be 2nd choice/impact sub, like he would be here, wouldnt benefit him. And I think he and his people are smart enough to be aware of that. Especially since Premier League would be a huge step up quality wise. Maybe he would go for a transfer and then a loan back option.
I totally agree with you. Said the same thing a week ago and just to clarify, I personally wouldn’t say no to him coming to United but that’s not the discussion.

United with Ole in charge plays so bad that it would be madness for him to join a sinking ship. Much better for him to take a smaller step to Leipzig or a promising club like Wolves or Leicester and then build his career from that position. Much much wiser. All these clubs offers better managers and a more offensive set up then us.

We must first get rid of Ole before thinking about recruiting young expensive top talents.

Handré1990

Come on it’s a bonkers move. It’s practically sideways. How’s he then going to get a move from there any time soon?
That’s a good point. How much more exposure does he need? 7 goals and top scorer in the CL after 4 of 6 group games have been played. Against defences which include caf anointed demi-gods Koulibaly and van Dijk. He has a good chance of getting more goals as well with two games remaining.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Come on it’s a bonkers move. It’s practically sideways. How’s he then going to get a move from there any time soon?
It's not that bonker it's what Haidara, Upamecano and Keita did. It's a better club in a better league with the same technical direction.

Hughie77

Yes your probably right, it has showed when we haven't got a number 9 proper one who can play with his back to goal as well, we've struggled even more, most probs we could do with both, and a CM, but if I had to have 1 in Jan if possible it would be a striker.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Sorry to pick on you because it happens all the time but can we just retire this joke already, please caf?
And all the other unfunny jokes that are repeated every other thread.

Yes I am fun at parties

SAFMUTD

Sorry to pick on you because it happens all the time but can we just retire this joke already, please caf?
:( can I use the not english enough? or dont know him but great of fifa BUY HIM one?

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
—————- Martial
Rashford—-Eriksen——Sancho

James
Greenwood
Haaland

firepower

Mark Pawelek

Haaland would be a disaster for united. He would break the team even more. He can't pass or dribble, doesn't tackle, intercept. He's be a passenger. Because other players would know that a pass to him ends a move, with us most likely losing possession, they'd think twice about passing to him. They wouldn't be able to help it even if instructed to pass to him. That'd bring a lot of doubt and nervousness to the whole team. Haaland would break United. I have no problem with tall, strong players. I favour them. But if they can't really play as part of the team, they'd just be poison to a team.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Haaland would be a disaster for united. He would break the team even more. He can't pass or dribble, doesn't tackle, intercept. He's be a passenger. Because other players would know that a pass to him ends a move, with us most likely losing possession, they'd think twice about passing to him. They wouldn't be able to help it even if instructed to pass to him. That'd bring a lot of doubt and nervousness to the whole team. Haaland would break United. I have no problem with tall, strong players. I favour them. But if they can't really play as part of the team, they'd just be poison to a team.
Are you on a WUM mate?

Fosu-Mens

The one player we should sign from Salzburg is Hwang Hee-Chan.

Haaland is still far from being competent in some elements of the game. His touch, passing(especially one touch) and positioning in the build-up play is far from being good enough. His output is more down to being the main end product player(poacher) in a highly functional team than him being a great player. His abilities and style as a player would not suit our squad composition, nor our needs as a team. If we are going to sign an attacking player, we would need to sign someone that can create and score and suit many different styles of play, like Hee-Chan. Not a pure poacher like Haaland.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What exactly gives you the impression he cannot dribble?

Status
Not open for further replies.