Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holters

It's not common. You connect through the big hubs like Frankfurt, Heathrow, Paris-Charles De Gaulle, Copenhagen, etc. I don't believe I have ever connected through Manchester.
He actually did fly to Copenhagen for a connecting flight.

Bratt

Dagbladet has been in touch with Haaland himself right now, here’s what they said:

DB: are you in Copenhagen for christmas shopping?
Haaland: No, christmas shopping in Manchester
DB: Good timing, are you visiting Santa Claus at Carrington as well?
Haaland: yeah, cause Santa does exist...
DB: will we make a fool out of ourselves if we write you’re in Manchester?
Haaland: follow your gut!
DB: have fun shopping in Copenhagen

He is a massive wum, isn’t he?
https://www.dagbladet.no/sport/her-er-haaland/71956259

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole has had plenty of opportunity to distances ourselves from this if he didn't have a good feeling - he hasn't once.

passing-wind

Ole has had plenty of opportunity to distances ourselves from this if he didn't have a good feeling - he hasn't once.
He just said in a press conference that he's doubtful we are going to sign players in January. I think that's as much evidence as you need to galvanise if this speculation has legs or not.

I'd be surprised if he signs

Adam-Utd

He just said in a press conference that he's doubtful we are going to sign players in January. I think that's as much evidence as you need to galvanise if this speculation has legs or not.

I'd be surprised if he signs
That was when asked about midfielders. Use the full quotes and you'll find it easier to read between the lines.

He also stated the player had to be the right age, right price, right person. If we have a chance to sign him we take it 100%

poleglass red

That was when asked about midfielders. Use the full quotes and you'll find it easier to read between the lines.

He also stated the player had to be the right age, right price, right person. If we have a chance to sign him we take it 100%
exactly. I hate to speculate but you just get the sense Ole has this one in the bag. Not to tempt fate but he could easily at any point have said he's not interested in him. He's pulling the old "can't talk about other teams players". Sure you can, you could say 'i'm not interested in that player" and move on. Ole knows where this lad is going, if it were somewhere else, he could do a preemptive damage limitation and say "we have our own young strikers" blah blah routine

Adam-Utd

exactly. I hate to speculate but you just get the sense Ole has this one in the bag. Not to tempt fate but he could easily at any point have said he's not interested in him. He's pulling the old "can't talk about other teams players". Sure you can, you could say 'i'm not interested in that player" and move on. Ole knows where this lad is going, if it were somewhere else, he could do a preemptive damage limitation and say "we have our own young strikers" blah blah routine
Yep that's how I see it. How many managers personally go to see a player? Surely at that point he knows whether he wants to join or not. Ole has put a lot of effort in to show him he means business.

He's been asked plenty of questions about him after that point, and he hasn't played it down he's just carefully skated around it.

He knew/knows Haaland is heading on holiday before the press did. That shows they've been in close contact very recently.

IMO - he goes on his scheduled holiday then signs for his new club when he returns. I suspect we will leave him on loan there until the summer as part of the deal.

DanClancy

I'm assuming the clause in his contract is true given there's no way Leipzig are able to compete with United with the transfer fee.

Wages wise there's no way Leipzig or Dortmund will pay him what United will, there's only one direction his agent will be pointing him.

redshaw

I doubt anything would be happening just before Christmas. Probably just doing family stuff before getting down to brass tacks in Jan.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Dagbladet has been in touch with Haaland himself right now, here’s what they said:

DB: are you in Copenhagen for christmas shopping?
Haaland: No, christmas shopping in Manchester
DB: Good timing, are you visiting Santa Claus at Carrington as well?
Haaland: yeah, cause Santa does exist...
DB: will we make a fool out of ourselves if we write you’re in Manchester?
Haaland: follow your gut!
DB: have fun shopping in Copenhagen

He is a massive wum, isn’t he?
https://www.dagbladet.no/sport/her-er-haaland/71956259
Well that's it then. We have reached an agreement with him. He'll be wearing United jersey soon.

Muppet translation :
Christmas shopping = preparing for next week (future)
Santa Claus = happiness
Follow your gut = intuition

DB: Are you in Copenhagen for your future?
Haaland: No, my future in Manchester
DB: Good timing, are you finding happiness in Carrington as well?
Haaland: Yeah, cause happiness does exist... (there)
DB: Will we make a fool out of ourselves if we write your future is in Manchester?
Haaland: Isn't it obvious? use your intuition, what do you make of what I just said?
DB: Have fun shopping in Copenhagen

Done Dealio :drool:

Josep Dowling

I doubt anything would be happening just before Christmas. Probably just doing family stuff before getting down to brass tacks in Jan.
Why? How can Liverpool get a transfer deal over the line before the window opens yet we can't?

Status
Not open for further replies.