Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Rather you win the EL than the CL again.
Honestly Liverpool getting out the group doesn't mean they will go all the way again. Sure they're favourites but il take my chances on hoping they get knocked out than see them face us in El.

KennyBurner

Looking forward to watching this guy today. Haven't had the opportunity of watching many of his games live but today should showcase how he performs at the top. Hope he puts in a performance and knocks Liverpool out.

I wonder if Salzburg play with a lone striker or 2 upfront. Would like to see him as a lone striker.

KennyBurner

Honestly don't know enough about Haaland and his work rate but agreed on Martial. And your right about Lingard, hes the obvious player we can upgrade in attack but whoever comes in will need to show the same work rate. For all his faults he does help balance the side.
Part of the reason we dont dominate is because lingard/pereira dont offer any threat in the scoring/creativity department. If we had a player like debruyne in their position we wouldnt have to defend as much because he can control/attack the space. Opposition have to respect given so much space to debruyne while they disregard doing so for lingard. Although lingard dropping deep to defend is good its just a sideeffect of him not performing well in other areas. Im sure ole has a plan for the future on how he wants to transition lingard/pereira and mata out of the first team. Martial/haaland and any future attacking midfielder wont have to worry about defending as much as we do once we upgrade.

Gasolin

Honestly Liverpool getting out the group doesn't mean they will go all the way again. Sure they're favourites but il take my chances on hoping they get knocked out than see them face us in El.
Why? Apparently, we are s*** against poor teams but we can beat any top team. So we will beat them this time, we won't make the mistake we did last time. And it will be it. We should be willing to meet Liverpool right now. Go Haaland! Just eliminate them and push them into the EL, let's meet those folks.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why? Apparently, we are s*** against poor teams but we can beat any top team. So we will beat them this time, we won't make the mistake we did last time. And it will be it. We should be willing to meet Liverpool right now. Go Haaland! Just eliminate them and push them into the EL, let's meet those folks.
There's no need to be presumptuous. We don't just beat every top team and Liverpool was the one Ole didn't beat this season or last season, so I'd be a bit more humble before beating my chest.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Get a grip. Klopp hasn't lost a two legged knockout since he took over. Anfield is a fortress. The sooner they are out the better.

Gasolin

There's no need to be presumptuous. We don't just beat every top team and Liverpool was the one Ole didn't beat this season or last season, so I'd be a bit more humble before beating my chest.
Because we had this stupid focus lapse that is our biggest problem that we are slowly fixing. We do the game again, I am convinced the lads will be motivated to show who they are. And it's a big game. It fits us apparently. It's not being presumptuous, it's what the whole world is saying about us, that we s*** but somehow we play well in big games only so... oh wait, no, it's because we have "space" in those big games. Fantastic, then let's play them!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Get a grip. Klopp hasn't lost a two legged knockout since he took over. Anfield is a fortress. The sooner they are out the better.
Get a grip, really? Him not losing a 2 legged tie doesn't bode well for us if we face him in the EL, which we would desperately need if the league finish doesn't pan out.

The logic is laughable.

Suedesi

I'd rather buy from the Schalke academy. Ozil for $5m, Rakitic for $3M, Neuer for $30m, Pukki for $3m, Drax for $50m, Sané for $60m, Matip on a free
I don't really get your point in regard to Haaland. If you were his agent you'd tell him "look, better dodge Dortmund, they've helped less talented players than yourself to Real&co"?
Just talking about BVB here, no relation to Haaland

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Get a grip, really? Him not losing a 2 legged tie doesn't bode well for us if we face him in the EL, which we would desperately need if the league finish doesn't pan out.

The logic is laughable.
Personally I care too little about the Europa League. I mean we could win it I suppose but I don't think a really good side puts it's eggs on the basket of a second tier trophy. On the other hand Liverpool the big double would be neauseating. If we're really a quality football team we'll make top 4 or at least progress as a team regardless of small achievements.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

The logic is laughable.
Dippers interviewed outside the stadium in the buildup:

"We will smash Salzburg tonight and then we will smash Barcelona in the next round"
"Bring on Man United in the next round... oh wait they're not in it"

feck those entitled pricks. I'd rather have this 'laughable logic' than hoping your biggest rivals progress in the Champions fecking League. Get them eliminated asap.

Oldyella

Part of the reason we dont dominate is because lingard/pereira dont offer any threat in the scoring/creativity department. If we had a player like debruyne in their position we wouldnt have to defend as much because he can control/attack the space. Opposition have to respect given so much space to debruyne while they disregard doing so for lingard. Although lingard dropping deep to defend is good its just a sideeffect of him not performing well in other areas. Im sure ole has a plan for the future on how he wants to transition lingard/pereira and mata out of the first team. Martial/haaland and any future attacking midfielder wont have to worry about defending as much as we do once we upgrade.
Yeah hopefully.

Josh 76

So you will celebrate a last min equalizer from Liverpool, just so we don't face them in the EL ?
Jeez....some Utd fans need help.

troylocker

This is a reason I'm against his signing. If you look at our goalscoring this season with Martial compared to without, I think it's obvious we need a more experienced link up striker with the ability to hold up the ball who wouldn't mind being a bench warmer until Martial does get injured rather than a hot prospect who'd probably demand a lot of playing time and, in my opinion, could potentially disrupt squad harmony if one of the front three were to get benched for him. Martial's skill set is an important component of our attacking play at the moment.

Lately, we've actually had quite a good run of scoring goals starting with our game against Norwich. Since then we've only failed to score in 1 game and in the games we have scored we've scored 2 or more. Even when Martial was missing against Aston Villa we still managed to score 2 largely because Greenwood played an identical role to the one Martial usually does which benefits our style.
You are aware that Haaland has scored 8 goals in 299 CL minutes, Martial has scored 4 in 2000+ minutes.
Haaland has provided a goal or assist every 38 minutes this season, Martial every 100 minutes this season (which is his best ever)

We need a real striker and Haaland is the real deal! Martial is a good, but Haaland is better and has even more potential. Faster, stronger, better finisher, better movement, more energy, able to smile (imagine that) and offers something totally different. Not signing him if we had the chance, would go down in the history as one of the biggest misstakes in football.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If RBS knock the Scousers out tonight,expect him to stay. His value will go up a notch of course but if we can get a pre contract agreement then we'll get him in summer

Suedesi

That's what I was blabbering on about for half an hour in a nutshell :lol:
Appreciate the response, and I was in the midst of writing my own essay and comparatively juxtaposing prospective player careers after BVB sales vs Schalke sales, but the CL is about to kick on on and so we'll leave that for some other time.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You are aware that Haaland has scored 8 goals in 299 CL minutes, Martial has scored 4 in 2000+ minutes.
Haaland has provided a goal or assist every 38 minutes this season, Martial every 100 minutes this season (which is his best ever)

We need a real striker and Haaland is the real deal! Martial is a good, but Haaland is better and has even more potential. Faster, stronger, better finisher, better movement, more energy, able to smile (imagine that) and offers something totally different. Not signing him if we had the chance, would go down in the history as one of the biggest misstakes in football.
To be honest, I'd like to see what this front 3 is capable of over the course of an entire season before dropping £60m on someone else, this is Martial's first full season at United as a striker. I don't doubt that Haland's a very good young player, but I like the dynamic between Martial, Rashford and James. Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford and now James are all players who have very quickly built up great chemistry with Martial which is no accident and why I'd like to see what he can do in his favoured position, he's essentially having to relearn the role after years of being shoehorned out wide. I disagree that we need a real striker, Rashford's the focal point of our attacks and doing exceptionally well in being so, besides, I expect Martial's goal tally to shoot up once Pogba returns to the fold.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just play Rashford and Haland in partnership with Martial interlinking them from deeper behind them. Rashford even now is more deadly playing as a wider striker and Haaland with his left foot and wicked pace may really interlink and cross over with Rashford and completely mind boggle the opposition.

United Hobbit

Watching him vs Liverpool is he fairly slow or is it just me?

He just looks slow compared to Rashy and co

Still wouldn't mind having him here at all!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Supposedly he's absolutely rapid, might not have had a chance to go full pelt yet.

Stadjer

Wasnt that the special thing about him? He is supposed to be very quick but also very tall and strong.

If i remember correct there was someone here claiming he was some kind of genetic experiment? :lol:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Past does not play future games, though, a bit like hedge funds who made millions in the last few years but still in need to ride their luck the next.

SoCross

Loose touch on a few occasions. First time I’m seeing him play, I read that he’s technically good...that right?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

He's been measured at 36.3 km/h this season. Which is exactly as fast as Rashford's top pace measured this season. He's deceptively fast. I saw him rub his groin a while ago, hopefully he' not aggravated something.

SoCross

Some people on here say so. I do not see it the same way. Maybe for his size and age his technical ability (first touch, short passing etc) are adequate, but nothing special.
Thanks, will see how he progresses over the next 45.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
If his buyout clause truly is as low as is claimed and he wants to come here - I don't see the big risk. We could probably sell Jesse for more than that. Js. Love ya Jesse.

DSG

To be honest, I'd like to see what this front 3 is capable of over the course of an entire season before dropping £60m on someone else, this is Martial's first full season at United as a striker. I don't doubt that Haland's a very good young player, but I like the dynamic between Martial, Rashford and James. Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford and now James are all players who have very quickly built up great chemistry with Martial which is no accident and why I'd like to see what he can do in his favoured position, he's essentially having to relearn the role after years of being shoehorned out wide. I disagree that we need a real striker, Rashford's the focal point of our attacks and doing exceptionally well in being so, besides, I expect Martial's goal tally to shoot up once Pogba returns to the fold.
Except when Martial is hurt. Which has happened every season so far... we need another striker mate. Whether Haaland is the top choice, we can debate, but without Martial, we look toothless. I also might add that we need another striker that is good in the air for the end of matches when we are chasing a result.

I read that he’s technically good...that right?
No. Technically he is decent, nothing more. Speed, strenght, movment and finishing is world class. Technical skills, first touch and heading needs improvement, but he has made some big leaps forward in his first touch and skills the last year, and is still only 19 and will keep improving. Can't have it all at that age. (I've watched him every week since he was 16.)

Reactions: Fortitude

BusterGonads

Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

Says who?

You lot are gash. United nullified you quite handily earlier this season and we were missing half of our team. Ditto last season when we suffered four injuries in the first half and basically played with ten men for the majority of the game.
Says me. We knocked you out the last time and we'll undoubtedly do it again

If we are so gash, why haven't you beaten us in last couple of seasons? Celebrating draws at OT says it all

Status
Not open for further replies.