Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCross

No. Technically he is decent, nothing more. Speed, strenght, movment and finishing is world class. Technical skills, first touch and heading needs improvement, but he has made some big leaps forward in his first touch and skills the last year, and is still only 19 and will keep improving. Can't have it all at that age. (I've watched him every week since he was 16.)
Noted. You make good points, it’s easy to forget that he’s still a kid.

DSG

Some people on here say so. I do not see it the same way. Maybe for his size and age his technical ability (first touch, short passing etc) are adequate, but nothing special.
He’s had a couple of bad touches, but let’s slow roll the criticism a bit. He’s also had several great passes in buildup, and there are basically just a few strikers in the world that can create that kind of separation for a shot.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Wasnt that the special thing about him? He is supposed to be very quick but also very tall and strong.

If i remember correct there was someone here claiming he was some kind of genetic experiment? :lol:
He has decent pace but it’s hugely exaggerated by his fans, for example in this game Lovren kept up with him in a 1 on 1.

I think we should also be looking at his strike partner Hwang.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Except when Martial is hurt. Which has happened every season so far... we need another striker mate. Whether Haaland is the top choice, we can debate, but without Martial, we look toothless. I also might add that we need another striker that is good in the air for the end of matches when we are chasing a result.
Im my first post I touched on that, I agree we need another striker, but I'd rather us opt for someone with more experience who isn't going to be expecting to start every game. Haland's going to want to play every game and his next step will be to a club who can provide that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Dippers interviewed outside the stadium in the buildup:

"We will smash Salzburg tonight and then we will smash Barcelona in the next round"
"Bring on Man United in the next round... oh wait they're not in it"

feck those entitled pricks. I'd rather have this 'laughable logic' than hoping your biggest rivals progress in the Champions fecking League. Get them eliminated asap.
Then don't get wound up by playground antics. They are in a better moment and it's in our best interest to see them away from our tournament. It's not far fetched to see Liverpool knocked out at some point by a PSG, City or Barcelona, they're not invincible.

Anyway let's just agree to disagree

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Then don't get wound up by playground antics. They are in a better moment and it's in our best interest to see them away from our tournament. It's not far fetched to see Liverpool knocked out at some point, they're not invincible.

Anyway let's just agree to disagree
Yeah. Enjoy the victory tonight

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Totally agree from this game. Haaland look like a worse version of lukaku.
After watching him quite a few times I would say his play style is just like a young Lukaku but with a better touch. I think he will end up as a similar player, great target man and goal scorer.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's harder to shine against teams like Liverpool. I haven't got to watch him much but yeah, if this is a poor game from him, then fair enough, because he's been a bit poor almost every time he got near the ball.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Keep in mind he's playing for a pretty weak side vs the CL champions from last year.

It actually matters.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He didn’t do much. You can’t deny Salzburg are a really good team for the money spent, I think they would do well in the PL and will go one better and qualify for the knockouts in the CL next year if they can keep the core of this squad together. They’ll be another year wiser. Such a young team. Liverpool are absolutely toying with them now though. Good performance by the dippers

Last edited:

Machine Elements

Not impressed with him tbh. There is no point selling Lukaku and getting a younger "target man-poacher" type striker with limited ability on the ball, doesn't create anything himself when you plan to play a fluid attacking football. We need technically good players who can dribble, create on his own in attack which Martial provides. Buying him also means we either play with 2 strikers or Martial being pushed out to wings again (LW is Rashford's now & Martial is not a RW either). No to mention Greenwood.

Get a goalscoring RW and if we want to add another ST, it should be someone like Cavani on a free.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can point to games where Rashford has been as blunt but that doesn't mean he's not an outstanding talent.

Haaland is clearly going I to be a big striker for the future and him being compared to a young Lukaku isn't a bad thing. The Lukaku of current stature is the one that didn't fit for us.

DoomSlayer

I was convinced he would score at least a goal today, by the way people are hyping him. Looked like he was nothing special, I know he is 19 but didn't look anything like a generational talent and some of his teammates stood out a lot more.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Im not going to judge a young player from what is a third tier league playing against the champions. He's done enough to suggest previously that he's got it.
This. Not to mention the dippers had him closely marked leaving more space for his teammates to run into. Anyone writing him off based on this should step away from the computer.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Minamino, Hwang, Mwepu all looked better and this RB system looks like it will produce chances against any side in the world, so complaints about him playing for some poor side are not so justifiable. The age argument is, though.
It's at the back where they are leaking, but you can see (while they had energy) they were threatening all the time even against this Liverpool side. Hard and pretty much impossible to guess how he will handle transition to different style of play and will it be too soon for him.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Why the feck are you all bashing the kid because he's had a poor game against the European champions :lol: Poor fecker has just went from being the most sought after young striker in Europe to a Lukaku "at best" in 90 minutes!

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I think his next move should be to a team where he can hone his skills and develop with little pressure. Don't think he will get that at United.

Canagel

Just shows how dangerous hyping players from Youtube videos without sitting down and watching the full 90 minutes is . This guy just looks like a big brute to me and not suited for our attack in any shape.

Based Adnan

Just shows how dangerous hyping players from Youtube videos without sitting down and watching the full 90 minutes is . This guy just looks like a big brute to me and not suited for our attack in any shape.
Have you watched him beyond just this game?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Not his best game. To much adrenaline and to pumped up made him a little bit clumsy and without the right timing. I think this game was a wake up call to his team to be careful with the hype surrounding him. Huge talent anyway.

I don‘t think a transfer to United is the best alternative at this stage of his career. Dortmund and Leipzig makes more sense. From our perspective we should look at other more mature alternatives as a back up striker to Martial.

He'sRaldo

This is why you shouldn't excessively hype. The pushback if a poor game comes along is never worth it.

He may very well have "generational" ability, but overhyping almost never works out. Just heaps pressure on the player for no reason.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
:lol: jesus. People mocking those who hyped him by watching YouTube, proceeding to write him off after one game. The sweet, sweet irony.

Handré1990

Why the feck are you all bashing the kid because he's had a poor game against the European champions :lol: Poor fecker has just went from being the most sought after young striker in Europe to a Lukaku "at best" in 90 minutes!
Pretty much this. This is the poorest I’ve seen him play, but also the only game I’ve seen where his team was toyed with. Still could have scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.