Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manutd GOGOGO

You guys need to have more confidence.

The BEST PLAYER on this planet came to Man UTD when he was 18 :)

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I like him and we need depth but what if we sign him?
Lw Rashford
Rw James, Greenwood
St Martial and Haaland

Will we go for Sancho then? 6 players for 3 positions looks great in FM but in reality...
i can’t think of any other clubs which have 6 players fighter for 3 positions though. Sure they all have backups, but backups are backups, I doubt any of Rashford, Martial, James, Sancho, Haaland or Greenwood willing to become backup in longer term (maybe only greenwood willing to play backup role for now because of his age).

For squad rotation though, 4 or 5 players rotate for 3 positions is about right.
I think most healthiest squad balance for 3 position is:
1 first team key player, 3 squad rotation, 1 or 2 backup
or
2 first team key player, 2 squad rotation, 1 or 2 backup
or
3 first team key players, 1 squad rotation, 1 or 2 backup

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
i can’t think of any other clubs which have 6 players fighter for 3 positions though. Sure they all have backups, but backups are backups, I doubt any of Rashford, Martial, James, Sancho, Haaland or Greenwood willing to become backup in longer term (maybe only greenwood willing to play backup role for now because of his age).
I agree it wouldn't work longterm, but it should be fine for a season or two and then one of the 'losers' in the battle for positions would move on for first team opportunities. I also expect James would be fine being backup for quite a while as long as he's getting enough games (which I'm sure he would).

Not that I expect us to sign Sancho anyway. I was fairly confident, but now I tend to think he'll pick somewhere else.

Teja

City Wingers: Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Sterling, Sane - they're in for Sancho (my guess is as a Sane replacement)
City FWD (they play one st): Aguero, Jesus

(This is 6x players fighting for 3x positions on the pitch - none of them up and coming like Greenwood either)

City Mids: KdB, Silva, Rodri, Foden, Gundogan - all good enough to be starting, fighting for 3x spots.

Denis' cuff

For me, there was a definite air of resignation in Ole’s response. It wasn’t really a suppressed smile but more of a forced one and an acceptance that he has decided he is not coming here.

So there it is.

Not happening.

Not particularly bothered as long as we invest shrewdly elsewhere.

SAFMUTD

Wtf are you trying to say here? First of all it was Zlatan who took martials number. Best than him? Lukaku is better than Martial? Is that what you are saying!?
My bad, it was Zlatan. What im trying to say is that we shouldnt be looking after Martial feelings, we should be looking to build the strongest team we can.

Im tired of that bullshit, “dont buy that player Martial needs to feel loved and valued” feck that, the best player should play bring the best players we can and make them fight for the starting place.

Rajma

At the end of the day it’s his decision and if he doesn’t fancy competition from struggling/often injured Martial and 18y old Greenwood then he would fail here anyway.

Toni Roncoroni

Must be coming here as Ole would be a great sporting director according to some of you guys.

Joke aside: this is not going to happen.

Ban

Everyone seems to Dortmund and RB are smaller clubs and Utd that he has big shoe to fill. Is everyone drunk? Dortmund and RB are in champion league and top 4 in the German league whereas we are lying 6th playing in Europa league with no champion league football in sight for next season. Yes, Utd has one of the biggest fans base globally but in term of football, we are falling far behind. He should be coming here and move on to a bigger club later on instead like PSG, Real, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern and etc.
United didn't become a small club overnight so I think you're a bit drunk.

Toni Roncoroni

You're sure?
Honestly, kind of. Nagelsmann (RB Leipzig) was pretty confident and openly speaking about him. I think it would also be the better step for him to play in the Bundesliga first with Dortmund or Leipzig. I would like to have him here as he is really quick and a big lad. Let's hope Ole can get to sign him. He knows him and should be able to show him what he is going to do with him.
On the other side I think the strings between Salzburg and Leipzig are there with Red Bull.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Which part(s)? His rap skills? Or sleeping with all his hat trick balls in his bed and calling those his girlfriends? What about waking up to the Champions League anthem every morning?
The part where Haaland Sr met Roy Keane. Done Dealio.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
For the first time in my life, I'm kind of ITK. I know a few people involved with the Norwegian NT (both the men's team, as well as U21 and U19). Some of them have worked with him personally.
They're all sure he's going to United.

Whether they actually know anything, or are just picking up on rumours themselves, I'm not sure. But they believe he'll call Old Trafford his home come january.
Thank you very mach sir Gentleman. Keep us updated 24/7. Don't forget to notify us when He's on the plane so We can all track him on flightradar24.

dev1l

There are rumours that Haaland will replace Werner at Rb who in turn will be joining Chelsea. If that s the case we ll end up being screwed twice.

Davie Moyes

Without seeing Ole's interview, when he says Haaland knows what he is going to do and has a plan I'm reading that as he's going to Leipzig and continue the RB development plan. Then within 2 years to a bigger club in Germany then eventually an elite club. I think they have the plan mapped out for his future.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
There are rumours that Haaland will replace Werner at Rb who in turn will be joining Chelsea. If that s the case we ll end up being screwed twice.
This has been a theory for some time. And it is not happening. Dortmund are looking for a type of forward, not a forward to replace Werner.

Haaland is signing for Man United. I will bake you a pie if it does not happen.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
This has been a theory for some time. And it is not happening. Dortmund are looking for a type of forward, not a forward to replace Werner.

Haaland is signing for Man United. I will bake you a pie if it does not happen.
Make mine a blueberry.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
City Wingers: Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Sterling, Sane - they're in for Sancho (my guess is as a Sane replacement)
City FWD (they play one st): Aguero, Jesus

(This is 6x players fighting for 3x positions on the pitch - none of them up and coming like Greenwood either)

City Mids: KdB, Silva, Rodri, Foden, Gundogan - all good enough to be starting, fighting for 3x spots.
Seems it’s has been ages since Sane last kick a ball for City, plus he wants out. So in reality for most of the time there are only 5 attackers fighting for 3 forward positions (Agüero, Sterling, Silva, Jesus, Mahrez). My point being 6 fight for 3 is too much, 5 fight for 3 is about right, if the team is competing for all fronts (league, CL, FA cup, league cup etc)

Champagne Football

When you see how badly Pogba has behaved in his 3 and a half years here - endless flirting with other clubs, stating he wants to leave frequently, half arsed performances in the pitch, injuries taking far longer to heal than ever should, mysterious flu symptoms.....You wonder is signing another Raiola client a good idea.

red_de_pologne

When you see how badly Pogba has behaved in his 3 and a half years here - endless flirting with other clubs, stating he wants to leave frequently, half arsed performances in the pitch, injuries taking far longer to heal than ever should, mysterious flu symptoms.....You wonder is signing another Raiola client a good idea.
1. He's not a Raiola client - his father is his agent and is consulting Raiola in the decision
2. Does Raiola mess with his clients DNA or something and they will all behave similarly?

enurs

Norwegian media writes: RB Leipzig has confirmed that they have made a bid for Haaland and it's now up to him if he wants the move or not.

ArjenIsM3

Well just have to wait and see. Way I see it there's a 33% chance of him coming here since it's a three way fight between us, Leipzig and Dortmund. People on here trying to determine his destination by the way Solskjaer smiled are a bit daft imho :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
1. He's not a Raiola client - his father is his agent and is consulting Raiola in the decision
2. Does Raiola mess with his clients DNA or something and they will all behave similarly?
Messing with someone’s DNA? Is he some sort of molecular biologist as well?

That’s some skill set

Thiagoal

Norwegian media writes: RB Leipzig has confirmed that they have made a bid for Haaland and it's now up to him if he wants the move or not.
My money is in him joining RB Leipzig! They are effectively the same team as Salzburg and I’d guess he’s getting a lot of pressure to move their from the guys in charge! It effectively will allow them to receive two transfer fees given his Salzburg clause is so low! Haaland will be richly rewarded too id imagine!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
My money is in him joining RB Leipzig! They are effectively the same team as Salzburg and I’d guess he’s getting a lot of pressure to move their from the guys in charge! It effectively will allow them to receive two transfer fees given his Salzburg clause is so low! Haaland will be richly rewarded too id imagine!
So if he does join Leipzig it’s hardly career progression if they’re effectively the same club.

Bratt

According to VG, who use kicker as a source of the Leipzig bid, they’re also saying that their own sources tell them that a decision from Haaland will most likely come very soon.

crossy1686

career ending
According to VG, who use kicker as a source of the Leipzig bid, they’re also saying that their own sources tell them that a decision from Haaland will most likely come very soon.
Personally, I think he'll go to Germany for a season or two. If he does well over there also, he could be looking at the likes of Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona being interested, instead of just us hoping to bring him in and save our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.