Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrVolley

The reason why he won't come here is the same reason as why De Ligt didn't want to come here.

The Caf never learns.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Could be the opposite. If he flops in Germany then he ends up with neither the massive deal nor the benefit of hype. Definitely a risk both ways.
the chances of him flopping in an easier league playing in one the strongest teams and with less competition for places is considerably less would you not agree?

I can see it is a risk either way. As I said he’s ambitious. He might never get the chance to play for a club as big as UTD again. He doesn’t seem short on confidence. I think he’d do well here and I hope he signs. The reasons I listed above are why he may not

He'sRaldo

the chances of him flopping in an easier league playing in one the strongest teams and with less competition for places is considerably less would you not agree?

I can see it is a risk either way. As I said he’s ambitious. He might never get the chance to play for a club as big as UTD again. He doesn’t seem short on confidence. I think he’d do well here and I hope he signs. The reasons I listed above are why he may not

I agree that he'll most likely do well in Germany, but he may "flop" in the sense that he doesn't live up to the "generational talent, must buy" hype. A bit like how some fans think Pogba flopped at Man Utd since he didn't live up to his hype, even though he's been one of our best performers.

But you're right that the other side is risky at well; but at least then he'll have a big salary to ease his pain.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Depends on the player, some players do better with challenges and They grow quicker from that. He's still young. He needs challenges, He needs to grow quickly. More talent = less time to waste. Succeeding in a 'smaller' league looks good for him but His development could be slowed down. Big fish in a small pond.

My concern is not the league or the club (Utd), if We're talking only about those We'll be in the top position to sign him (regardless of our league position since We're talking about development, not silverwares). It's just that at the moment our squad looks like it's still looking for an identity and consistency. That is a big question mark. Will be easier for him to just join a club that have both where He can just get in and start banging goals in.

Last edited:

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Tbh as good as the lad looks, if he hasn't got the will and fight in him to displace Martial, then maybe he's not a Utd type of player. No-one should be guaranteed a starting spot at Utd, they fight to earn it!

Not saying he's demanding anything like...I have no idea...Just saying.

zenith

Juve seems a very long shot for him, given the number of forwards they have.

It looks like it's between us and the German clubs.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think he’ll sign for us over Juve.

I can totally see the development argument but I do think if ole really wants him badly enough then he’ll end up here.

I reckon he would definitely be a much better fit than lukaku here and I think it’s a player we could really use. He’ll physically bully defenders in a way that martial and Rashford can’t and it should leave our wide attackers and midfield more space to play in when teams park the bus... think of all those hopeful crosses and balls whipped into the box and nobody there. Then imagine someone really fighting for everything and moving defenders around. Not to mention he can play well on the shoulder and with his back to goal and he’s pretty cheap. It’s a good transfer.

edit : I also think players like martial and pogba really need competition here. That’s what we should be aspiring towards always

Last edited:

Number32

As I do not have the option of seeing the games live, can someone tell me if Martial could be a success as a no 10 player if we get Haaland as a no 9?
If he's willing to press the midfield and give 100% week in week out, yes Martial could be no 10.

No devil emoji for 2020. I think it's off again.
Nice one.. but I don't think the lion emoji is refer to any logo. It would be an insult to Red Bull if he put a chick emoji to describe them.

He just want to describe his tranformation from a chick to a lion next year.

Even if the lion hint is true, he would be Aston Villa players then. Villa is the only football club who has the logo of childish lion (or kitten?) playing with the stars.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Would be good if we could get him, and if he does come here the thing I'd be most happy about is the price tag. Age doesn't matter much if the transfer-fee is huge, no big transfer gets any sort of time to develop and always get criticism if they don't perform immediately. Even if he flops he'll probably be sold for the same amount we bought him for even before he is labeled a flop. Cheap transfer would give him a great chance of succeeding here, no more risk than at Dortmund for that price.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Everything is the same all the time then?
With anxiety and depression that's how the mind works about negative things. Defence mechanism against change. The state of caf atm, so scared to potentially be hurt. I do think we're allowed to be positive. Not the end of the world if we wont sign Haaland, and not the end of the world if we do.

SteveW

I think he’ll sign for us over Juve.

I can totally see the development argument but I do think if ole really wants him badly enough then he’ll end up here.

I reckon he would definitely be a much better fit than lukaku here and I think it’s a player we could really use. He’ll bully physically defenders in a way that martial and Rashford can’t and it should leave our wide attackers and midfield more space to play in when teams park the bus... think of all those hopeful crosses and balls whipped into the box and nobody there. Then imagine someone really fighting for everything and moving defenders around. Not to mention he can play well on the shoulder and with his back to goal and he’s pretty cheap. It’s a good transfer.

edit : I also think players like martial and pogba really need competition here. That’s what we should be aspiring towards always
Agreed. Admittedly I haven't seen a huge amount of him but I think he would give us something different to what we already have. We could do with a goal hungry brute up front at times.

Madzik_92

Tbh as good as the lad looks, if he hasn't got the will and fight in him to displace Martial, then maybe he's not a Utd type of player. No-one should be guaranteed a starting spot at Utd, they fight to earn it!

Feck Martial, just sign Haaland and play him. How many years should we wait for Martial to score goals more? Maybe it's good to sign Haaland as it will make Martial more determined perhaps?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

We're not signing haaland in favor of martial??

No wonder we're where we are now

Bratt

So, Bild saying Leipzig is out of the race as they won’t pay the yearly vage Raiola demands of €8m. The article says they won’t pay more than €5m a year.
One down, two to go.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
IF it is true that he wants to go where he is first no9 option then we will not sign him.
In Dortmund he is nailed starter and will play every week. In United he is backup(rotation) option. We all know how big snowflake is Martial and he will not accept to be in rotation with Haaland.
I know what all of you will say; feck Martial, let him fight for his spot, he is payed a lot etc..and i agree with that but in reality if Haaland becomes our first choice striker that will be the end of Martial in this club.

We must have 2 strikers where one will accept to be second option or in best scenario where both are mentaly strong to fight for that spot(and in another case, to be on the bench and wait their chance).
Having 2 strikers who think "first 11 or i will cry" is not good.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Has anyone actually watched him play football? He has no clue how to trap a ball most of the time. He just kicks it into open space and hopes for the best.

However his character and determination is worth 20million on its own.

Judas

Open to offers
IF it is true that he wants to go where he is first no9 option then we will not sign him.
In Dortmund he is nailed starter and will play every week. In United he is backup(rotation) option. We all know how big snowflake is Martial and he will not accept to be in rotation with Haaland.
I know what all of you will say; feck Martial, let him fight for his spot, he is payed a lot etc..and i agree with that but in reality if Haaland becomes our first choice striker that will be the end of Martial in this club.

We must have 2 strikers where one will accept to be second option or in best scenario where both are mentaly strong to fight for that spot(and in another case, to be on the bench and wait their chance).
Having 2 strikers who think "first 11 or i will cry" is not good.
If Haaland or any striker to be honest came in and consistently stayed fit, made a positive contribution to the team and scored goals, who cares about Martial.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Has anyone actually watched him play football? He has no clue how to trap a ball most of the time. He just kicks it into open space and hopes for the best.

However his character and determination is worth 20million on its own.
Yeah, that bugs me too. Plus ( based on those clips) i have a feeling that he lacks close ball control. I don't know who is in control when he goes in those runs. Him or the ball :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If Haaland or any striker to be honest came in and consistently stayed fit, made a positive contribution to the team and scored goals, who cares about Martial.
I know. Of course. But i was just saying that if we are buying first choice striker that we must be prepared to sell Martial.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If Martial can't embrace a little bit of competition then I hope for his sake that he doesn't let the door hit him on the way out.

Judas

Open to offers
Shifting Martial won't be easy, massive wages and I don't know how many top clubs will be looking to sign him and putting him straight into their starting eleven. Maybe Dortmund if they don't get Haaland?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Christ, stop making everything about Martial. Even without injuries, our only attacking option on the bench was Greenwood in the last match. Martial and Haaland will both play a lot of matches if Haaland does sign. Our attacking options will be Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, Haaland, James and that's it. That's five players for three positions and Greenwood is still 18.

This mollycoddling of Martial is very bizarre btw.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Christ, stop making everything about Martial. Even without injuries, our only attacking option on the bench was Greenwood in the last match. Martial and Haaland will both play a lot of matches if Haaland does sign. Our attacking options will be Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, Haaland, James and that's it. That's five players for three positions and Greenwood is still 18.

Also it's not just 3 positions, we are playing with attacking mid. You never know which of these players will adapt playing that position too. I mean considering our options, any of these players are huge improvements as AM.

KM

Yep. Going to Dortmund. Can't blame him really. He'll play Champions League football every season ( including this season). We can't offer him that stage (which he has now tasted).

Now back to talking about lions... On which note.... Burnley has a lion on their badge. Just sayin' :houllier::lol:
The reason why he won't come here is the same reason as why De Ligt didn't want to come here.

The Caf never learns.
Right that's sorted then, he's going to Dortmund.I hope we don't see more of your posts in this thread then.

theklr

Yeah, but Haaland wants to play EVERY match, and Ole shouldn’t guarantee that.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

I knew that people will missread my post. I was just saying that he will not accept to be second choice because he is big snowflake. He is not McT who will accept rotation if we buy midfielder.
Should we avoid buying Haaland because of that? Of course not. We must buy him at all cost. Should we think how Martial will feel? Of course not.
For every player there is the same rule; If you play well you will play, if not go on the bench. You don't like the bench? Goodbye then.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So, Bild saying Leipzig is out of the race as they won’t pay the yearly vage Raiola demands of €8m. The article says they won’t pay more than €5m a year.
One down, two to go.
That's 130K pounds per week. If he is first team player from the word go then he might be worth it.

KM

I knew that people will missread my post. I was just saying that he will not accept to be second choice because he is big snowflake. He is not McT who will accept rotation if we buy midfielder.
Should we avoid buying Haaland because of that? Of course not. We must buy him at all cost. Should we think how Martial will feel? Of course not.
For every player there is the same rule; If you play well you will play, if not go on the bench. You don't like the bench? Goodbye then.
I wasn't talking about you btw, there's a lot of people who are worried about Martial saying what will happen to him if we sign Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.