Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBBQ

Fabrizio Romano is writing on Twitter that Haaland is now planning with his family and agent. The most important thing for Haaland is to play every week. Can United offer that?
Its tough to make that commitment. It'd be a no-brainer if he could play across the front 3 as we could rotate between the 5 players and ensure that he was getting plenty of games. However if he is an out and out centre forward then its really down to him getting goals and cementing his place in the team.

Matt007a

I think he'll comfortably force Martial out of the team. He'll be injured again any day now.

ReddBalls

Its tough to make that commitment. It'd be a no-brainer if he could play across the front 3 as we could rotate between the 5 players and ensure that he was getting plenty of games. However if he is an out and out centre forward then its really down to him getting goals and cementing his place in the team.
There is a difference between "playing" and "starting" every week. There is no doubt he would play every week at United.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Fabrizio Romano is writing on Twitter that Haaland is now planning with his family and agent. The most important thing for Haaland is to play every week. Can United offer that?
Of course! Sign the damn contract boy! :wenger:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So despite the Sun's £76m claim clearly being bullshit - If we sign him, that figure is now going to be banded around as if it's gospel isn't it. fecking ridiculous that these idiots can just spout shit and people lap it up

theklr

For what it's worth:

Dagbladet (Norway's second largest newspaper) said a few weeks ago, as previously mentioned in this thread, that a very reliable source told them that United were in pole position. Now they follow up today with "additional information coming forward this week strenghtens that impression". Hard to tell if they're just referring to information from other media or their own sources, but the latter looks most likely.
Kinda disagree, it doesn’t say any specific source - so for me it just seems they are just aggregating all the other chatter

BarstoolProphet

Kinda disagree, it doesn’t say any specific source - so for me it just seems they are just aggregating all the other chatter
But it doesn't make sense considering most of the chatter have consisted of the German plus OGS's visit offensive this past week. But you could be right, just found it rather odd when most of the noise is about the German clubs public courting. After all, Dagbladet was the first paper in Norway with a concrete claim that we're actively trying to sign him.

enurs

James and Rashford are machines. They just keep on going. Martial has injury issues so we need a second nr 9.
I have seen most of Haaland's matches and he's old school. No bullshit, no special shot or technical, just an old fashion goal scorer.
With James crosses he will always be in front of the goal. This is something Ole and Martial have worked with but still Martial is not near the goal when there is a cross.
Haaland will be there and will score many simple goals. His also much faster than what people think, his top speed is same as James.

Inigo Montoya

But it doesn't make sense considering most of the chatter have consisted of the German plus OGS's visit offensive this past week. But you could be right, just found it rather odd when most of the noise is about the German clubs public courting. After all, Dagbladet was the first paper in Norway with a concrete claim that we're actively trying to sign him.
They are in the box seat if you consider the locality and the connection with Red Bull plus the constant influence.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What formation does Salzburg play? Has he played 4-2-3-1 much? Or used to a second strike partner?
They play 4-2-3-1 mainly. He's the lead striker.

Can sometimes play with another striker Hwang next to him like they did against Liverpool.

romufc

Really good player, but he is Lukaku type of the striker and we let him go few months ago, so what is our concept?

I believe he should prove himself in bundes liga first = second RB team is the perfect fit for him I supose..
What makes him a Lukaku type striker?

He seems more hungry and looks to have a better touch? We need a striker now not wait for 3/4 years and wait for him.

Ole has already managed him once, so he knows what kind of personality he has and Ole got rid of Lukaku.

I am pretty sure Ole would not sign him if he thought he will be like Lukaku.

Inigo Montoya

Ok but the context is that surely he expects to be a starter, not 20 minute cameos.
Ok. He will start but given the amount of fixtures and the physical demands of the PL he surely understands that he’ll need to be rested now and again.

Blimey he doesn’t always start for Salzburg

BarstoolProphet

They are in the box seat if you consider the locality and the connection with Red Bull plus the constant influence.
Not according to Norwegian media. Maybe it's wishful thinking from them (United being the biggest club and OGS's being the most well-known footballer after all) but none of the Norwegian media are saying their sources told them that he will choose Germany. That could also be because their source is probably Jim Solbakken, of course.

DanClancy

Buy him in Jan and sell Martial in the summer. Then buy a no.10 and a CM
I'd agree as long as they signed a right winger too and Haaland proved to be a success. Buy Haaland, Sancho & Madison and another centre mid and get rid of Pogba, Martial & Lingard.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It genuinely makes no difference. IF he has a release clause like everybody expects, then how do they remain in power? They have no choice but to accept whoever pays the money.

OohAahMartial

They play 4-2-3-1 mainly. He's the lead striker.

Can sometimes play with another striker Hwang next to him like they did against Liverpool.
Thanks. I do wonder if Ole would actually love to play a front 2. He is of course very used to playing himself as a front two, and might still see that as the United Way. We also desperately need to score more goals. I'm a little surprised that he hasn't since he joined, other than when chasing a game, most notably against Everton.

I'm not too sure if he played 2 up front at Molde much, but seem to recall reading him using a 4-2-2-2 system at times.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Id take him as DoF
Donald Trump as DoF! He'd build a wall around Carrington to keep the foreign players out and try (and fail) to make Liverpool pay for it. It's a strategy I guess and fits with Ole's young British signings!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Doesn't look good. Can't see how United or Juve can offer him a starting berth. Dortmund or Leipzig it will be.
Why not? He'd be a shoe in up top for us. Martial hasn't exactly been pulling up trees and we like to tinker with 2 up top anyway.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Doesn't look good. Can't see how United or Juve can offer him a starting berth. Dortmund or Leipzig it will be.
Leipzig has Werner. I don't see him starting over Werner right now.

crossy1686

career ending
Reasons to pick United:
1. He will play, maybe not every game but he will play a lot
2. Playing in England against better opposition
3. Better training standards
4. Huge club with worldwide status only rivaled by Madrid
5. Better wages
6. His dad played in England, in the same city in fact
7. Solskjaer is Norwegian

Inigo Montoya

Would be massively illegal to do so. They may be owned by the same massive energy drink maker but they have to operate as separate entities otherwise they can be kicked out of Europe and hit with big fines.
Yes but being the same company, they could easily find a way round this

BarstoolProphet

Maybe Salzburg would forgo a transfer fee to help cover the wages?
I bet the number is hardly an obstacle, more like they have a wage structure to handle and a squad to keep happy. Imagine a 19 year old kid coming in and earn way more than anyone else in the squad, including their best player.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
There’s many reasons to believe that he’s joining us. I do think that he will and we’ll get concrete news in the next week or so.

littlepeasoup

Don't get the idea by some on here about buying this lad and then selling Martial. Surely we want the best strength in depth possible, as well as competition for positions? There's nothing that drives a player on, in my opinion, than the idea that they're going to lose their shirt to someone else.

crossy1686

career ending
Yes but being the same company, they could easily find a way round this
And they'd get absolutely fecked by UEFA. Due to the nature of the ownership every deal they make between clubs is highly scrutinised. In fact, UEFA rules state that no one entity can own two or more clubs participating in a UEFA club competition, directly or indirectly. That rule was basically brought in the stop Red Bull buying up a load of shitty clubs across Europe and getting them all into the Champions League.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Playing time is key to his requirement, I don't get how this rules us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.