Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

Salzburg sporting director Christoph Freund today:

I translated that from German, I hope everything is clear and understandable. The way he's talking about stuff, I'm 100 percent sure that there indeed is a buyout clause. If there wasn't, he could just shut everything down and say "we won't sell him in January".
Agreed. I think you are right.

ROFLUTION

A little bit about Mino Raiola.

I have read numerous articles, listen to interviews and talked to respectable people I know who have met him in person, and none had something bad to say

The idea that he’s some sorts of evil behind the scene figure who orchestrates transfers who only benefits him and his firm is a lazy an a wrong narrative. There are shady agents out there but to reach the heights where you represent world class players you need to have knowledge and negotiation skills to be respected and successful.

Do you honestly think that Haaland and his father consult him by accident?
My understanding from talking with those people is that he’s a good listener, warm and polite and someone who cares about his friends and clients. They speak about a intelligent man who is genuine and generous, someone who will help you in a second if he has a chance. Far away from being egoistic and sneaky.

There is no contradiction with being a good business man, a talented negotiator and caring about his clients.

The reason players like him is because he always take care of them, looking after their best interest without forgetting who pays him.

I perfectly understands why Halland Sr consults him and use his knowledge. Smart people often co operate with the best advisors they can find. That’s why I find some criticism against Raiola unfair and lazy.
Right, Id be fecking friendly and pleasing towards my clients too if one sale could bag me 20m. I dont deny that he probably can be friendly - he should be as his sole purpose is networking and smooth-talking people, but lets not pretend Raiola cares a lot about anything other than big moves for his clients and a large agent sum when the given player moves.

I just dont buy into the notion that he's such a genuine nice guy, when Fergie singled him out as a snake, having seen plenty of agents coming through. Raiola has a history of trying to move his big players on a lot instead of pleading them to stay and fight it out at their cluv. I.e Balotelli, Ibrahimovic, Pogba, Donnarumma. This to me shows, he's very much about his agent fee.

Its understandable for a player like Haaland to use him too, as he knows how to create hype, talk to the right people, get good wages and move players from talent to top clubs. They share the same goal and its a classic example of the young emerging talent Raiola pushes to the next level around age 18-20. Kluivert, Pogba, Kean, Donnarumma. He'll also be the first one to whisper sweet things in their ears about life elsewhere if he senses trouble in paradise.

ROFLUTION

Think its clear he isn’t. Else he wouldnt get top clients
I mostly think they come to him because he gets big moves with big wages done to be honest. You can just as well be sharp and bullish to achieve that as being nice. He's probably nice to the buying/interested clubs and as rough as possible with the selling ones

Gasolin

Bates is not a bad journo actually, so there could be some truth to this.
For me, it just says that unless Haaland pushes himself for us, we’re not getting him. And I hope he’s a rotation for Martial and not someone who’s going to force us to change the whole setup again... we need stability and vision to keep executing well.

lysglimt

Scout
Bates is not a bad journo actually, so there could be some truth to this.
A norwegian journalist for the second biggest newspaper in Norway (he is a moron - but a well-connected moron) - claims that this is correct:

From Dagbladet.no

ERLING BRAUT HAALAND har etter det jeg forstår gitt klare signaler om at han helst vil helst gjenforenes med Ole Gunnar Solskjær på Old Trafford

"Haaland has after what I understand given clear indications that he would prefer to be reunited with OGS at Old Trafford"

Alabaster Codify7

For me, it just says that unless Haaland pushes himself for us, we’re not getting him. And I hope he’s a rotation for Martial and not someone who’s going to force us to change the whole setup again... we need stability and vision to keep executing well.
Martial has numbers and consistency like this in his wet dreams mate

Gasolin

Martial has numbers and consistency like this in his wet dreams mate
What I’m saying is that I’d like him to compte with Martial (and he’s not guaranteed to win) rather then move Martial to the left and Rashford to the right and displace James and/or Sancho if we get him, etc... we need a bit of stability in the team setup. So if we are going to keep a forward line of 3, let this lad compete for CF.

Also it’s worth noting that currently Martial plays more a false 9 role with instructions to link up better so it’s a bit of a particular role. Rashford is the scorer, and only when the ball comes from James is Martial in position to score. If Haaland takes that role, I wonder how we play.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
A norwegian journalist for the second biggest newspaper in Norway (he is a moron - but a well-connected moron) - claims that this is correct:

From Dagbladet.no

ERLING BRAUT HAALAND har etter det jeg forstår gitt klare signaler om at han helst vil helst gjenforenes med Ole Gunnar Solskjær på Old Trafford

"Haaland has after what I understand given clear indications that he would prefer to be reunited with OGS at Old Trafford"
I see this happening for sure at this stage. I just hope our fans show some patience and give the lad a run of games before acting judge, jury and executioner after one game.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Will he be available in time for the Arsenal game? I guess not since the window opens the same day. Oh well, we'll just have to throw him to the wolves on the 4th then.

peridigm

If he’s signing hopefully it’s on the first day of the window. I can see Ed dithering about until the end though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
To me he looks like he has a much better engine then Lukaku and that makes him much better for a high pressing side. Also looks like he has more agility, deceptively quick feet if that makes any sense.
He looks like a younger Lukaku at West Brom/Everton, who was a very good player back then. The combination of speed/size and power is very rare and hard to stop.
Salzburg sporting director Christoph Freund today:

I translated that from German, I hope everything is clear and understandable. The way he's talking about stuff, I'm 100 percent sure that there indeed is a buyout clause. If there wasn't, he could just shut everything down and say "we won't sell him in January".
its clear something will happen this January. I guess It depends how convincing ole can be. Let’s hope he doesn’t fall for the Dortmund development crap we keep hearing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If we get him for £20m then that is a fantastic deal for us. Win win no matter what.

mu4c_20le

I would be very surprised if Dortmund went for him, doesn't seem like their type of player and it's an awful lot of money for them with Favre's future still uncertain. I'd understand if he chose the safer option of Leipzig though, the natural path of progression RB would prefer for him.

PoTMS

Settle down lads. Think we're all jumping the gun here. This could all end in tears.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Would be great signing. You buy him with the hope and expectation that is good enough to become first choice and delivering at the level we need to win titles again. If that pushes Martial to the bench, then so be it; we've now got more depth with Martial providing that. If Martial steps up, then Haaland provides depth from the bench.

As much as it is a squad game, every player we buy should be with the expectation of them being good enough the own their spot in our first XI. We never should just be buying backups.

wolvored

What I’m saying is that I’d like him to compte with Martial (and he’s not guaranteed to win) rather then move Martial to the left and Rashford to the right and displace James and/or Sancho if we get him, etc... we need a bit of stability in the team setup. So if we are going to keep a forward line of 3, let this lad compete for CF.

Also it’s worth noting that currently Martial plays more a false 9 role with instructions to link up better so it’s a bit of a particular role. Rashford is the scorer, and only when the ball comes from James is Martial in position to score. If Haaland takes that role, I wonder how we play.
Haaland is more consistant than Martial albeit in a different league. We cant rely on just having Martial as he doesnt look like a 20 odd goals a season striker. Greenwood is still very young and a different type of striker. Haaland is more a Drogba type a big bullying striker with speed and strength. In fact if this comes off I could see Martial moved on in a season or two unless he drastically improves his goalscoring. Hes now 24 and needs to step it up.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We could do with another attacker anyway given how frequently injured Martial is so for 20m it could hardly go far wrong.

Infestissumam

^ that one just says "according to the Mirror", refering to the one that was posted earlier on this page.

Mirror is probably just taking the recent rumblings and jumping the gun early.

mu4c_20le

He's been a target for months ever since he started banging them in. It's the wage bill part that concerns me, because it's probably also the reason we were limited to only 3 signings this summer.

RyRy11

He's been a target for months ever since he started banging them in. It's the wage bill part that concerns me, because it's probably also the reason we were limited to only 3 signings this summer.
I don't see the wage bill being a huge issue. Young (£110,00pw), Matic (£120,000pw), Bailly (£75,00pw) are all out of contract in the summer and I doubt we will extend any of them. Smalling and Alexis could possibly be leaving in the summer after their loans too so that's more of the wage bill to be cut potentially.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I don't see the wage bill being a huge issue. Young (£110,00pw), Matic (£120,000pw), Bailly (£75,00pw) are all out of contract in the summer and I doubt we will extend any of them. Smalling and Alexis could possibly be leaving in the summer after their loans too so that's more of the wage bill to be cut potentially.
Getting rid of Alexis would be a massive bonus.
As much as Bailly has been unreliable with injuries, he's still of a decent age and low wages, I'd rather keep him around as a back up.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I like what I've seen of him and he offers something different, but really midfield is surely the priority.

We have Rashford, Martial, James, Greenwood, Lingard. We could do with one more, but in midfield we have Mctominay, Fred...and that's it. Sort that out first.

We've already seen in games very recently that it doesn't really matter how effective our front line is when there is no one passing the ball to them.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Get this done.

1. He will be a goal machine.

2. I stole your helicopter. I thought it was mine. Spinning around like a furnace wheel in my mind.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I like what I've seen of him and he offers something different, but really midfield is surely the priority.

We have Rashford, Martial, James, Greenwood, Lingard. We could do with one more, but in midfield we have Mctominay, Fred...and that's it. Sort that out first.

We've already seen in games very recently that it doesn't really matter how effective our front line is when there is no one passing the ball to them.
We've also seen in games that an injury to Martial and our attacking play relies purely on Rashford. Vital we get another player in personally, if nothing else to reduce the pressure on our senior (crazy to think Martial and Rashford as this) attackers.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
We've also seen in games that an injury to Martial and our attacking play relies purely on Rashford. Vital we get another player in personally, if nothing else to reduce the pressure on our senior (crazy to think Martial and Rashford as this) attackers.
This.

He opens up us to so many options.

Rashers injury or rested and Martial plays left wing with Haaland up top.

Martial injury/ rested and he plays up top..
Game at home against the "lesser teams" we go 442.

Etc.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
This.

He opens up us to so many options.

Rashers injury or rested and Martial plays left wing with Haaland up top.

Martial injury/ rested and he plays up top..
Game at home against the "lesser teams" we go 442.

Etc.
Yup, adds so much cover and allows our players to rotate a bit more with the 2nd part of the season to come when fatigue will start to set in.

yo@Kirk

If Haaland's teammate, Hwang Hee-chan, has a reasonable release clause, Ole and Ed should get him as well. He has 3 goals and 5 assists in 6 CL matches, is better on the ball than Lingard, presses just as well, would add good commercial value, and getting Hwang in would help Haaland settle, imho. Hwang would also make Mata and Pereira a lot less necessary.

Gasolin

If Haaland's teammate, Hwang Hee-chan, has a reasonable release clause, Ole and Ed should get him as well. He has 3 goals and 5 assists in 6 CL matches, is better on the ball than Lingard, presses just as well, would add good commercial value, and getting Hwang in would help Haaland settle, imho. Hwang would also make Mata and Pereira a lot less necessary.
There’s a club already on him though? Would he be the new Park Ji Sung? Hehe

RyRy11

Whilst I agree you can’t pass up an opportunity to sign a prospect like this for £20m. I don’t think midfield will be addressed until the summer so with Pogba back this month we can hopefully limp to the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.