Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanche7

Liverpool could definitely afford him.
Maybe his transfer fee but not his wages. He'll for sure demand 200k plus and I don't think any Liverpool player is on that high salary.
Quick Google search says Salah is their highest payed player on 200k. If Haaland gets 200k, then surely Mane, VVD etc are going to be asking for 200k plus too.

Sanche7

seems like a sensible analysis.

I don’t see him at a City type player under Pep.

so do we pump in a £80-90m bid this summer to give them something to really think about before his release clause kicks in?
If you ask me, I would love to see us go for him this summer and I'll be happy if he's our only purchase. I know we need a CB, DM etc but if it was a choice between getting Haaland or getting a CB + DM and potentially missing out on Haaland, I would go with Haaland because IMO from what I've seen, he's a once in a generation kind of player. I think if we only have to pay an extra 20 or 30 million over the release clause to get him this year, we should go all out for him. But I feel Dortmund will ask for 130,140 million like the Dembele deal
If they finish out of the top four, I can see him wanting to leave.

croadyman

If you ask me, I would love to see us go for him this summer and I'll be happy if he's our only purchase. I know we need a CB, DM etc but if it was a choice between getting Haaland or getting a CB + DM and potentially missing out on Haaland, I would go with Haaland because IMO from what I've seen, he's a once in a generation kind of player. I think if we only have to pay an extra 20 or 30 million over the release clause to get him this year, we should go all out for him. But I feel Dortmund will ask for 130,140 million like the Dembele deal
Yeah all the noises at the moment feel like they are prepared to sell Sancho this summer but have totally pulled down the shutters on letting Erling go until his release clause is activated in summer 2022

he’s leaving. They are a stepping stone club, and that’s how they make it work. It’s just a matter of when.

you raise an interesting question - would we be happy if he was our only signing? Especially as we are unlikely to sign anyone in Jan. so potentially the only significant signing for 18 months...

Not sure on the answer!

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I would be amazed if Dortmund would turn down offers this Summer, but I feel the lad will stay until his release clause kicks in regardless of how bad things go at Dortmund.

croadyman

I would be amazed if Dortmund would turn down offers this Summer, but I feel the lad will stay until his release clause kicks in regardless of how bad things go at Dortmund.
Yeah think if there is any real chance of him leaving this summer you would hear about it like with Sancho

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think a successful Ole and the young improving team is a huge plus for us in the race for this lad. I think once again we may end up being our own worst enemies and not pulling off the transfer for whatever reason or it getting dragged out and falling apart but I think we are well in the running if he wants England next. The Spanish clubs and Bayern are the real big dangers to us getting him. He’d be so perfect for the PL. Bayern is the sensible move. I suppose all bets are off if Madrid come calling.

croadyman

I think a successful Ole and the young improving team is a huge plus for us in the race for this lad. I think once again we may end up being our own worst enemies and not pulling off the transfer for whatever reason or it getting dragged out and falling apart but I think we are well in the running if he wants England next. The Spanish clubs and Bayern are the real big dangers to us getting him. He’d be so perfect for the PL.
Yeah need to use Ole's relationship with him as our trump card in this deal but more importantly we simply have to continue on that upward trajectory over the next year in order to still be an attractive proposition next summer

SAFMUTD

Haaland will choose his team, he will be wanted by literally all the top clubs in europe, his 50M release clause will make every team with funds pursue him. I hope we can get him, but not at the expense of giving him a way over the top contract nor dropping our pants paying Raiola a sickening fee.

Ali Dia

Yeah need to use Ole's relationship with him as our trump card in this deal but more importantly we simply have to continue on that upward trajectory over the next year in order to still be an attractive proposition next summer
totally. the biggest problem is us city pool real barca Bayern etc could all use him as a star starter within the next window and we’ve been fairly badly run over the last 8 years.... I’d say that might still go against us. Also the Sancho saga probably didn’t go down very well at Dortmund. Who knows. Money talks but he has his choice of project. This will be the litmus test of how much he respects Ole and if he buys into his vision. If we didn’t have Ole I would say we’ve next to no chance

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His release clause becomes active in the summer of 2022? Lewandowski will also be turning 34 before the Bundesliga kicks off in the same season, so they will likely be in for him too.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
At the moment I think his two best options would be Bayern Munich or Manchester City, anything else would be a step down from those two.

Andersons Dietician

Depends if they are selling Sancho as I think they will need to sell one of them. If they don’t have a buyer for Sancho at a good price then maybe Haaland would be on the market but I doubt they will sell him yet.

croadyman

Depends if they are selling Sancho as I think they will need to sell one of them. If they don’t have a buyer for Sancho at a good price then maybe Haaland would be on the market but I doubt they will sell him yet.
Yeah they are only selling one or the other this summer and gut feeling is Sancho

SplitzMagic

What will happen is we'll persue him this summer, Sancho will join city for 60m and we'll end up with neither when he joins Madrid or Bayern.

We'll end up with josh king.

Its like we can only sign actual world class played when they're past their best for 1 or 2 seasons and then they show us what we've been missing not signing them earlier.

That's how we roll boys.

troylocker

What will happen is we'll persue him this summer, Sancho will join city for 60m and we'll end up with neither when he joins Madrid or Bayern.

We'll end up with josh king.

Its like we can only sign actual world class played when they're past their best for 1 or 2 seasons and then they show us what we've been missing not signing them earlier.

That's how we roll boys.
That's the spirit! :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This guy or Martinez at Inter would be a huge upgrade on what we have. We have a great shot at Martinez with the Spanish clubs out of commission. He was heading to barca last summer and they had to pull out.
They had to pull out because his release clause is 110m, and we’d be pulling out for the same reason.

Martinez is more likely to go to City I reckon. Better suited to them than Haaland too, and they have long been credited with an interest.

Ali Dia

They had to pull out because his release clause is 110m, and we’d be pulling out for the same reason.

Martinez is more likely to go to City I reckon. Better suited to them than Haaland too, and they have long been credited with an interest.
maybe just maybe they’ll take martial and cash to make up the difference. Pl castaways seem to do well there. I’m sick of converted wingers playing up top for us. We need a lot more aggression and desire than we are seeing. Either one of the 2 would do.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
maybe just maybe they’ll take martial and cash to make up the difference. Pl castaways seem to do well there. I’m sick of converted wingers playing up top for us. We need a lot more aggression and desire than we are seeing. Either one of the 2 would do.
Inter are known admirers of Martial tbh so could be possible.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
have we become a feeder club for them? :D
Tbh Inter are just transfer muppets in general. I think many fans would love it if they followed Inter, so much transfer activity to engage in!

beingshe7don

Inter are known admirers of Martial tbh so could be possible.
I hope Ole and Ed think about moving Martial. He'll have completed 6 years at the club at the end of the season and he's averaging 12 goals a season in all competitions. Those numbers are up because he scored 23 goals last season and this season he's scored 5 in 25 which is appalling for a striker. Almost feel like Martial would thrive in a Dortmund sort of environment.

LuckyScout78

I might and think. I will pick him over Sancho.

Then i will go for a lot lower price but still really good RM and CM player in Marcos Llorente from A Madrid.

Llorente - McTom/Fred - Pogba/Bruno - Rashford + Bruno + Haaland.

After Lewandoski. There are not many striker who is scoring so often.

Llorente is versatile and really quick and good with the ball. And has the hard work and winning mentality.

CB : Edmond Tabsoba - 30 - 40 mill euro - This window
CM/RM/CAM : Marcos Llorente - 50 - 60 mill euro - summer window
CF : Haaland - 100 mill euro - summer window

3 really good and quality players for around 200 mill euro

Then we can talk about league and ch.league trophy

Jazmodo

Thread's gone a little quiet, and a lot of chatter about Chelsea interest.

This guy has a brilliant character & would be a welcome upgrade over Martial, I really hope we put some effort into signing him this Summer.

Cavani, Rashford, Haaland & Greenwood would be ideal for rotation.

Bulldog United

Thread's gone a little quiet, and a lot of chatter about Chelsea interest.

This guy has a brilliant character & would be a welcome upgrade over Martial, I really hope we put some effort into signing him this Summer.

Cavani, Rashford, Haaland & Greenwood would be ideal for rotation.
As far as I know, FFP is still active? If so, how on earth are Chelsea buying up all these players while complying with the rules? Apparently they want to sign both Sule and Upamecano too, and Rice.

Brightonian

If Madrid, PSG, Juve or whoever sign him, then so be it. But if another PL club signs him, I'll be pissed. We've been after him for a long time, Ole obviously has the Molde connection, and if anyone has the money for him it's us. Cavani has decisively proven that a proper #9 is the way forward for us, and the timing of his age and contract means he'd be perfectly placed to continue shouldering some goalscoring burden until Haaland beds in.

I'm not too concerned about Liverpool, their squad is full of mediocrity and has massively over-performed throughout their little successful period. But if City get him it would be a disaster. Replacing Aguero is the only real headache they have. They could cement their place as the team to beat in this league for another three or four seasons.

dinostar77

Interesting piece on BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55924593

Erling Braut Haaland: Would Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd or Chelsea suit striker best?
By Raj ChohanFootball writer

Personally i think he will stay at Dortmund for another season or wait to see what Mbappe does i.e. sign a new deal or go elsewhere.

lex talionis

We have several needs, but a proper CF is the one piece above all that’s missing.

Bring in Haaland and we can cope with Greenwood at RW and maybe even see Diallo develop into the RW we’ve all been waiting for. We can cope with McFred at CDM. We can cope with our quartet at CB. But if we have a CF — Erling Haaland — who can consistently finish off his chances we leap beyond being a top four club to a club which compete match day for match day with City.

He needs to move to a lower level, with lesser expectations, a different league.
Eh? Why would he move down to a lower league? He's been on a goal a game for 3 seasons now.

Zlatans Knee

It will hurt a lot but I reckon unfortunately he will be City bound, Aguero will be off at the end of this season.

I'm talking about Martial, read the post above. Did that post sound like I was talking about Haaland even a little bit? :lol:
Oh, you didnt quote anybody so i just thought you didn't rate Haaland :lol:

Matriac

Still a long way off to the end of the season, and Dortmund is currently only 1 point off CL places, but if they were to fail to qualify, would he want to move this summer? (Wouldn't even be surprised if there's a clause in his contract that the buyout becomes active this summer if they fail to qualify).

Maybe a year playing with and learning from Cavani might be appealing? Even if that might mean some fewer minutes? That they swap starting and coming off the bench every other game, with potentially Haaland more and more toward the summer?
(Maybe interesting enough to want to come even if Dortmund scrapes CL?)

I still think we have need for a striker like Martial against certain teams, but maybe he continues featuring off the left more, with Rash getting more rest and some off the right.
Greenwood continuing off the right next season and featuring more as CF once Cavani leaves?

Mata is probably gone this summer, James can't fill Mata's skills, but maybe Diallo will (while featuring more), so James either takes over Mata's very few minutes or goes out on loan.
Remains to see what happens with Pellistri on loan these 6 months, if he's ready for us in the fall or should go out another year.

croadyman

We have several needs, but a proper CF is the one piece above all that’s missing.

Bring in Haaland and we can cope with Greenwood at RW and maybe even see Diallo develop into the RW we’ve all been waiting for. We can cope with McFred at CDM. We can cope with our quartet at CB. But if we have a CF — Erling Haaland — who can consistently finish off his chances we leap beyond being a top four club to a club which compete match day for match day with City.
Can't help feeling that if we had a proper CDM then wouldn't need to protect Harry & Victor so much, having said that if we got a CB alongside Maguire that was quick then we could push up the pitch a bit more like we see when Bailly plays

Status
Not open for further replies.