Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Interesting piece on BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55924593

Erling Braut Haaland: Would Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd or Chelsea suit striker best?
By Raj ChohanFootball writer

Personally i think he will stay at Dortmund for another season or wait to see what Mbappe does i.e. sign a new deal or go elsewhere.
I'm interested to understand your rationale to see why he'd wait to see Mbappe's actions. You think he'll aim to link up with him?
I wonder what's Haaland's thoughts on him anyway as Mbappe mocked his celebration after PSG knocked Dortmund out last year?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51849160

RUCK4444

I'm interested to understand your rationale to see why he'd wait to see Mbappe's actions. You think he'll aim to link up with him?
I wonder what's Haaland's thoughts on him anyway as Mbappe mocked his celebration after PSG knocked Dortmund out last year?
Yeah can’t imagine he would want to go to PSG. Would be an incredible waste.

Not to mention the cloud hanging over Ligue 1 currently.

laughtersassassin

We will never get him now but we should really do everything we can to try because we would definitely start to compete again.

Sure we should have a hell of a lot of money to spend in a striker since we never replaced Lukaku.

The was thing is the owners and club simply don't have it in them to pull it off.

lex talionis

Can't help feeling that if we had a proper CDM then wouldn't need to protect Harry & Victor so much, having said that if we got a CB alongside Maguire that was quick then we could push up the pitch a bit more like we see when Bailly plays
All true, but we’ve actually managed alright with the defenders we have. Defending corner kicks is still an ongoing worry though.

If we put the 9-0 aside, as I think we should put the 1-6 aside, we’re struggling to convert on our chances more than we should be.

dinostar77

No not linking up. I meant that if Madrid cant afford Mbappe transfer this summer and Mbappe signs a new deal with PSG. That presents an opportunity for Haaland to go to Madrid. If thats where he wants to go.

Theres normally a merry go round of strikers when one moves. If none of the big targets move then haaland may stay put as well.

Offsideagain

The money, or should I say FFP money isn’t available for most clubs that comply to buy Haaland for the sort of money Dortmund will demand. Citeh will lose Aguero at the end is the season and Jesus isn’t exactly prolific, so they will be favourites to sign him. We lost out when they dithered when we could have got him for reasonable money. Unless we can use Martial as a makeweight in any deal.

A-man

Can't help feeling that if we had a proper CDM then wouldn't need to protect Harry & Victor so much, having said that if we got a CB alongside Maguire that was quick then we could push up the pitch a bit more like we see when Bailly plays
I can see how you and other feel that, but the question is if it is just a feeling or reality?
Looking at the results, we have scored 36 goals and conceded 15 in Lindelof/Maguire’s 15 PL matches. That’s scoring 2.4 goals per game and conceding 1 per game.

When we have played with a speedy CB instead of Lindelof( Bailly mostly, but also Axel) we have scored 10 and conceded 12 in 7 games.

There is really nothing indicating that this setup is overly defensive. There is nothing indicating that we score more goals when we play speedy CB.

dinostar77

The money, or should I say FFP money isn’t available for most clubs that comply to buy Haaland for the sort of money Dortmund will demand. Citeh will lose Aguero at the end is the season and Jesus isn’t exactly prolific, so they will be favourites to sign him. We lost out when they dithered when we could have got him for reasonable money. Unless we can use Martial as a makeweight in any deal.
Some reports today in tabloids suggest £100m offer from city and 400k a week wages. If that was the case, no-one else is gonna compete with that offer in this climate.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I don't think he's suited for Pep ball.
At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Last edited:

hubbuh

It makes me happy that Cavani went out of his way to actively not get involved in those ignominious celebrations. Bunch of wankers. Gutted they went through and we didn't.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Some reports today in tabloids suggest £100m offer from city and 400k a week wages. If that was the case, no-one else is gonna compete with that offer in this climate.
Presumably a 5 year contract?... so 20m a year or around 400k a week and I think aguero is on about 250k a week so an extra 150k... 550k a week for them

550k a week is the equivalent of us removing the weekly wages of

Phil Jones.... 75k
Romeo...........75k
Rojo...............75k
Lingaard........75k
Ighalo............100k
Mata..............150k

So yeah considering who we have already moved on and the contract positions of some of them I think its safe to say we could afford it...

For what its worth I feel City is a more likley destination for him as they seem in more need of a new striker (we have greenwood coming through) plus I dont know if the family connection is a tenuous or a real thing but it might be a factor - plus I can actually see Haaland working very well with Stirling and KDB - but for sure at the 550k a week we could afford him... I guess Barca could if messi goes ... Real must be able to if they can potentially afford Mbappe - If Mbape goes surely PSG can afford him as well - I would guess Liverpool, could and if chelsea have a clear out Im sure they could as well so he and Dortmund wont be short of offers and nobody is getting a clear run at signing him

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I can see City going after either him or Kane. Hopefully the latter, partly so we can have a run at Haaland - but also because you just know they’ll do some cringey announcement tweet with #Cityzen Kane or something and the memes would be amazing.

Alfie092

I so badly want Halaand!

He is a player you know if he stays fit and we keep Pogba next season and add another 1-2 additions who strengthen our starting 11, would have the opportunity to score at least 30-35 goals! We have been lacking that since RvP and look what happened there!

I know his £65m release clause isn't activated until summer 2022, so how much would Dortmund take for him this summer providing they would be willing to listen to offers?
I assume in the current market, he would still demand a fee of circa £100m? If Sancho is also touted to go for that much, I know which player I would prefer!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It makes me happy that Cavani went out of his way to actively not get involved in those ignominious celebrations. Bunch of wankers. Gutted they went through and we didn't.
Did he? That’s cool of him. How did you find this out? He’s such a classy feck.

davidmichael

I just don’t see Dortmund selling both Sancho and Haaland this summer even though it’d probably bring in £170 million, as seen with Barca when they sold Neymar once other clubs know you’ve got big money they whack the price up on their players if you come calling.

Also Haaland basically guarantees them Champions League football once Sancho goes whereas as selling both may mean missing out as no way they replace both with similar quality, Sancho will go this summer and Haaland the summer after but we should sign both or at least go flat out in trying to do so.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’d like to see us reach an agreement for him to join us when his clause kicks in. I don’t see anyone dropping 100m+ on any player right now

hubbuh

Did he? That’s cool of him. How did you find this out? He’s such a classy feck.
He wasn't in the team photo where they all mimicked his celebration and he wasn't dancing or singing in Mbappe's video in the changing room either as they did the celebration again (touchy cnuts), he was stood there watching on with his hands on his hips. He also physically picked Neymar up when he was doing the celebration immediately after he scored. He's a good egg is our Edi.

man united 4eva

I for one will be distraught if Haaland ends up signing for another Premier League club.. If i could choose any player in the world today to play for us it would be Erling Haaland.. I think he would be a much better fit for our team than Kylian Mbappe.. I hope it would be possible and not a fantasy to have a front 3 of : Rashford-Haaland-Sancho.... and a back-up of : Martial-Greenwood-Diallo.. :drool:

432JuanMata

Unless we show that we can compete domestically and internationally I don’t see him coming here. I don’t mind if he doesn’t come to us but if that is the case I don’t want him in the PL. He is a player that you sign regardless of price or other areas being more important as he is that good.

croadyman

Unless we show that we can compete domestically and internationally I don’t see him coming here. I don’t mind if he doesn’t come to us but if that is the case I don’t want him in the PL. He is a player that you sign regardless of price or other areas being more important as he is that good.
Yeah we have to show an ability to compete on both of those levels to be in the running for him

432JuanMata

Yeah we have to show an ability to compete on both of those levels to be in the running for him
That’s it IMO. Dortmund is his stepping stone he has proved that he is ready for the step up to the top level already and will want to go to a team winning titles and challenging for CL’s. We are going in the right direction but not at that level yet.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't think he's suited for Pep ball.
At least that's what I'm telling myself.
I tell myself that Pep doesn't deal with Raiola. But I suspect Haaland would notch 30-40 goals for City per season.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
People are acting as if his dead relatives were insulted and Haaland has been bullied; it was a harmless jab that everybody but Haaland cared about. From all reports, Haaland is a big fan of Mbappe, even post-CL clash and considers him a reference for what he's done in the game already. I could even see the two of them playing together and thriving, although I'd much rather they stay apart and compete for the highest individual and collective honors. I tend to agree though that Mbappe is the big domino that's going to set the landscape for a lot of these moves for the young stars.
I just don’t see Dortmund selling both Sancho and Haaland this summer even though it’d probably bring in £170 million, as seen with Barca when they sold Neymar once other clubs know you’ve got big money they whack the price up on their players if you come calling.

Also Haaland basically guarantees them Champions League football once Sancho goes whereas as selling both may mean missing out as no way they replace both with similar quality, Sancho will go this summer and Haaland the summer after but we should sign both or at least go flat out in trying to do so.
Does he? Because right now with the two of them they are 6th in the league. If Sancho goes, and they don't land the next big star in the making like they've consistently done these past few years, Haaland or not the CL may not be guaranteed. I'd think long and hard if I were Dortmund about the potential profit that can be made by selling Haaland prior to the release clause activation if their performances don't change this season.

Last edited:

lex talionis

Not to derail the thread, but given the high likelihood that we won’t land Haaland, should we perhaps be looking at who might be the next Haaland?

I’m not confident at all that Martial will fulfill his destiny.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Im almost certain Haaland is city bound, it just makes too much sense with Aguero our of contract and getting old, they'll give him huge wages and they'll buy the leech Riola a nice house in Monaco.

Ultimately We will end up with sancho which I'm more than happy with.

Mainoldo

I hope he goes City. Do not want... let’s get Sancho and try and play some fluid attacking football.

Trophy Room

He just looks like someone who is planning revenge! I think he'll go to City or Liverpool. Absolutely zero chance that he'll come to United.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Haaland > Sancho. Diallo is our RW by the end of this season anyway.
Such certainty on an unproven player. I hope you're right, but there's zero guarantees he comes good. At least with Sancho, you know you're going to get production at the professional level.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Presumably a 5 year contract?... so 20m a year or around 400k a week and I think aguero is on about 250k a week so an extra 150k... 550k a week for them

550k a week is the equivalent of us removing the weekly wages of

Phil Jones.... 75k
Romeo...........75k
Rojo...............75k
Lingaard........75k
Ighalo............100k
Mata..............150k

So yeah considering who we have already moved on and the contract positions of some of them I think its safe to say we could afford it...

For what its worth I feel City is a more likley destination for him as they seem in more need of a new striker (we have greenwood coming through) plus I dont know if the family connection is a tenuous or a real thing but it might be a factor - plus I can actually see Haaland working very well with Stirling and KDB - but for sure at the 550k a week we could afford him... I guess Barca could if messi goes ... Real must be able to if they can potentially afford Mbappe - If Mbape goes surely PSG can afford him as well - I would guess Liverpool, could and if chelsea have a clear out Im sure they could as well so he and Dortmund wont be short of offers and nobody is getting a clear run at signing him
Ighalo?

Ighalo has already gone

Skåre Willoch

Such certainty on an unproven player. I hope you're right, but there's zero guarantees he comes good. At least with Sancho, you know you're going to get production at the professional level.
Not certainty at all. Only hope and belief. But if we’re spending 100m on a player, I’d choose Haaland over Sancho every day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.