Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

Haaland, Sancho, Rice and Kounde all coming in with Romero, Dalot, Jones, Lindelof, Pereira, Mata, Lingard, Chong and James all going out would be the PERFECT transfer window in my opinion.

Four players coming straight into the starting eleven and upgrading it then promote Laird, Mengi, Garner, Mejbri and Diallo to the first team and then what we’d have is a young and hungry squad full of potential that could genuinely challenge on all fronts domestically and be a serious force in Europe.

Bondi77

Haaland, Sancho, Rice and Kounde all coming in with Romero, Dalot, Jones, Lindelof, Pereira, Mata, Lingard, Chong and James all going out would be the PERFECT transfer window in my opinion.

Four players coming straight into the starting eleven and upgrading it then promote Laird, Mengi, Garner, Mejbri and Diallo to the first team and then what we’d have is a young and hungry squad full of potential that could genuinely challenge on all fronts domestically and be a serious force in Europe.
Have you been watching Garner and Mengi recently?

Lindalof > Maguire. Amazing how many goals that start from a Maguire feck up or Maguire being to slow and no positioning sense go under the radar.

eltigreFalcao

You just know his dad will be twerking for City.
I really would hate him going to City.If I ran things this would be reason enough to break the bank for him. Aside from that, he is exactly what we need up front, it's like a match made in heaven football wise.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Interesting to hear Ole saying he’s following him. Obviously has a good relationship with him and family and doesn’t want to heap pressure on the lad.
At the end of the day you hope he makes a good football decision and choose us. ;)

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not sure if the question you posed was genuine or sarcastic.
If the former then it’s too early to tell as they’ve just joined new clubs.
If the latter; it’s too early to write them off as they’ve just joined new clubs.

Godfather

If the latter; it’s too early to write them off as they’ve just joined new clubs.
To be honest you were throwing names around left and right that might or might not make it here. Garner looked promising for the youth but it's too early to tell whether he'll ever make the step up

Brightonian

This is some Football Manager nonsense.

man united 4eva

I wonder will there ever be a year when this question is not asked?

Will Haaland not wish to join a club who once had a player that fouled his dad who had previously mocked said player for being injured ?
The myth persists that Roy Keane not only injured Haaland but also ended his career... The challenge in question took place on April 21st 2001.. when United played City at Old Trafford... However.. the truth is that Haaland finished that game and then went on to play in a friendly for Norway four days later... He did undergo surgery that summer but it was on his left knee.. not his right knee which Roy Keane had kicked... Haaland retired due to injury in 2003.,

Bondi77

The question is why would he think I have not been watching Garner lately!
What is hard to understand?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Interesting to hear Ole saying he’s following him. Obviously has a good relationship with him and family and doesn’t want to heap pressure on the lad.
At the end of the day you hope he makes a good football decision and choose us. ;)
I thought it was interesting that Ole never even considered the idea that he’d stay at Dortmund.

I thought it was interesting that Ole never even considered the idea that he’d stay at Dortmund.
no one does.

Clearest stepping stone transfer you can see. All parties are on the same page. The only question is when he goes, the fact his release clause only kicks in next summer shows how quick his progress has been.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
I really would hate him going to City.If I ran things this would be reason enough to break the bank for him. Aside from that, he is exactly what we need up front, it's like a match made in heaven football wise.
I don’t think he will go to City, virtue of the fact that he’s in Raiola’s stable, so more than likely surreptitiously 3rd party owned and that 3rd party (Raiola) will fully expect a £multimillion fee paid into an offshore bank account for playing ball.
City have been resisting ridiculously outrageous agents fees and are very unlikely to suddenly welcome Raiola’s up front fee, ongoing demands and thereafter continuing influence in the club.
IMO United might do if they feel that the benefit of having the player adequately compensates the presence of the agent, as happened in the case of the upfront fee and ongoing agent issues that go hand in hand with Pogba.
Different business strategies / different lines in the sand etc. I know which I prefer but I don’t profess to know which will pan out better in the long term.
In the interim, if Haarland comes to Manchester he’ll be decked out in red.

PoTMS

The one player I would break the bank for. Must have striker.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don’t think he will go to City, virtue of the fact that he’s in Raiola’s stable, so more than likely surreptitiously 3rd party owned and that 3rd party (Raiola) will fully expect a £multimillion fee paid into an offshore bank account for playing ball.
City have been resisting ridiculously outrageous agents fees and are very unlikely to suddenly welcome Raiola’s up front fee, ongoing demands and thereafter continuing influence in the club.
IMO United might do if they feel that the benefit of having the player adequately compensates the presence of the agent, as happened in the case of the upfront fee and ongoing agent issues that go hand in hand with Pogba.
Different business strategies / different lines in the sand etc. I know which I prefer but I don’t profess to know which will pan out better in the long term.
If there's one thing we can say about City, it's that they don't like to participate in dubious financial transactions...

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What's his release fee? About 40mil?

If Bayern get him and Upemecano for a combined fee of about 80mil it will be the most Bayern thing ever.

Toad

Not sure I’d be able to pull this off on FIFA

Josep Dowling

What’s even more frustrating is that Dortmund have been terrible this season yet have been able to snub us with Sancho and managed to get Haaland on the cheap. Was that really the best decisions for their careers?

Josep Dowling

C’mon now, let’s not act like City do everything above board. It’s already well documented Mancini was paid extra through offshore accounts, it’s highly likely this was done to ensure high profile players didn’t want to leave. Don’t you find it strange that not one player has kicked up a fuss to move to one of the Spanish giants over the years?

What’s even more frustrating is that Dortmund have been terrible this season yet have been able to snub us with Sancho and managed to get Haaland on the cheap. Was that really the best decisions for their careers?
Haaland is going to go to a massive club in the next 18 months. Him going to dortmund was been a brilliant career decision for him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Bowl of cornflakes, meet this posters face

Bondi77

Because he has got off to a great start at Forest and has been doing well there.
He has played two games there after not even being picked by Watford but you want him in the squad for a team that at the very least aim to be in the running to win the Premier League. He needs to stand out for the rest of the season at Forest and if he does that then a possible loan to a Premier League club would be on the cards and that is about it.

passing-wind

Lewandowski to Haaland just seems written in the stars. And today's Upamecano news has me feeling cynical.
I personally think Bayern are one of the last clubs to expect this transfer purely for financial reasons. They typically go for value in the market. Refusing Werner's release, Havertz fee and waiting a year for Sane's contract to run down to get a lower price you suddenly think they'll sniff at Haaland who's Dortmund's most prized asset. I cannot see it happening only unless Haaland had a really low clause.

croadyman

We have no hope of signing him if he has seen our performances in the last seven games, also away to Istanbul and let's not forget in the big six games as well just to really top it off

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

:lol: :lol:

Brilliant. This is basically what we have been saying since Moyes took over.

We have become Liverpool. Its always next season.

Le Red

You just know his dad will be twerking for City.
There is absolutely nothing that hints at that other than people assuming former players are as imbecile as the average football fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.