Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

How so? I havent seen the additional fees on this
His dad and Raiola's commission was always going to be huge, the rumoured figures have been between 40 and 55m.

Dortmund paid 25m for them when they signed him from Salzburg.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Do you think so? He seems a bit too much like a target man to me, they should get someone who can be more involved in the play and retain possession better.
Ironically, for a counter attacking Manchester United he might have been the most dangerous striker in world football. His main feature is his physicality and ridiculous speed that is right up there with the fastest players in the game. The only concern City has is how do they get Haaland behind the defensive line when the opposition park the bus.

I watch quite a few Dortmund games since this is the first generational player Norway has had, so peak interest and all.

Haaland is a "running through" man that almost guarantees that he will get to the through ball before any defender. Considering Citys ability to play through the midfield and retain possession, that is unfortunately where he will shine. He isnt really a typical targetman that receives the ball and waits for the rest, but rather receives the ball at pace and either goes himself or plays a teammate through.

Dortmund is a team that is really good at going up the pitch fast, and Haaland is the guy they look for with the final ball, or he is the guy that plays the last through ball.

Haaland has 21 goals and 7 assists in 23 games played in 2021/2022 and 27 goals + 6 assists in 28 games for the 2020/2021 version of Dortmund. 7 assists rank third on Dortmund (shared with Bellingham who also has 3 goals).

He has been quite wasteful with his chances lately, so hopefully he scores only just enough for City not to win anything but still be good value for Norwegians who enjoy the feeling of "one of ours" being the big dog.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
His dad and Raiola's commission was always going to be huge, the rumoured figures have been between 40 and 55m.

In raiolas case it will now be a few odd million quid worth of flowers for his grave

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

What happened to the talks around capping agent commissions? That seems to be out the window

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The Glazers or any other club not named PSG wouldn’t pay the 25-50m signing on fee that is going to his father and agency so I don’t know how you can blame them for this.
Manchester United was notified about Haaland by Ole in 2016 when he was a talent for Molde. The club declined to sign him.

According to Dortmunds CEO, the transfer to Manchester United hinged only on the release clause that they added: "Borussia Dortmund’s CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has claimed that Erling Haaland would have moved to Manchester United had the German club not inserted a release clause in his contract."

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Manchester United was notified about Haaland by Ole in 2016 when he was a talent for Molde. The club declined to sign him.

According to Dortmunds CEO, the transfer to Manchester United hinged only on the release clause that they added: "Borussia Dortmund’s CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has claimed that Erling Haaland would have moved to Manchester United had the German club not inserted a release clause in his contract."
Would've ended up an average player leaving on a free to West Ham

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
City have definitely been winning the CL 'next year' for the past 10 years. Every year there is a new reason why it's for sure happening this time.
I’ve said that there not going to win it every year and they haven’t so far :lol: If they had a striker like haaland against Madrid they’d be in the final now, the amount of chances they wasted.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The reported fees are hilarious, classic City nonsense.
Its what growing strong media relationships over the years get you. Either Haaland/his agent are terrible negotiatiors or its a blatant lie.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I kinda want to watch the United stand now, Goldbridge must be about to burn his house down

Ranchero

While we fanny about over getting a manager in place, City are already signing up one of the best strikers in the world to make them even stronger (on paper). It is OUR club that needs new players. But are we even out there when we still have a lame duck in charge.
In 50 years there has never been lower low.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
While we fanny about over getting a manager in place, City are already signing up one of the best strikers in the world to make them even stronger (on paper). It is OUR club that needs new players. But are we even out there when we still have a lame duck in charge.
We’ve already got a manager in place. Haaland was never signing for us this year. Stop being hysterical.

RoyH1

Been reading that there's a clause in his contract which lets him leave for 150 million in two seasons time.

Judas

Open to offers
Been reading that there's a clause in his contract which lets him leave for 150 million in two seasons time.
Be shocked if City agreed to that, and if said clause if it exists would ever be allowed to be triggered. City don't lose players they don't want to generally.

Kinky Melinky

It just gets more depressing by the day, and I've been in numb mode the past few seasons. Just every now and again something happens that jolts me out of numb and makes me feel the depression for a few minutes. Need to get back into numb

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It be so funny if they still don’t win the champions league next season after buying haaland, that’s the one they wanna win more then anything. Pep may aswell resign if they don’t

Marwood

Be shocked if City agreed to that, and if said clause if it exists would ever be allowed to be triggered. City don't lose players they don't want to generally.
A big player leaving will happen eventually and it's always felt like there's a career plan in place for Haaland. City just being the latest pre planned step.

I think there's another stage already decided post City.

Judas

Open to offers
A big player leaving will happen eventually and it's always felt like there's a career plan in place for Haaland. City just being the latest pre planned step.

I think there's another stage already decided post City.
I've always thought that, which is why I'm a bit surprised he's gone to City now. I thought he'd go to Spain next, then come to the PL for his prime, clearly the money wasn't there. A bit like with PSG, unless they want you gone, you're going nowhere. If it goes to plan on the pitch, I just can't see Haaland going anywhere for a very long time.

Andersons Dietician

Crap player, never wanted him anyway, sky blue is going to clash with his complexion. To the Darwin NuneZ thread.

Marwood

I've always thought that, which is why I'm a bit surprised he's gone to City now. I thought he'd go to Spain next, then come to the PL for his prime, clearly the money wasn't there. A bit like with PSG, unless they want you gone, you're going nowhere. If it goes to plan on the pitch, I just can't see Haaland going anywhere for a very long time.
I assumed Spain would be the last stop. Spend his prime there. The Ronaldo career path.

All guesswork I suppose.

TheReligion

Abusive
What on earth you rambling on about?

Status
Not open for further replies.