Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Rodri will be knackered by the seasons end if they keep adding to the front 5(Haaland, Alvarez and Pogba all go in these positions), so all's good, City will blow up again.

Unless he's dropping a defender and pulling a Lahm with Cancelo.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Bundesliga tax.
Calm down, it's only the Bundesliga. So many of their "top players" (remember Mkhi?) fizzled out when they moved to other higher quality leagues (Jovic top striker now not even good enough for Real Madrid B Team, Time Werner, etc).
His Champions League record is also very impressive, tbf

dbs235

The Premier League gets put on such a enormous pedestal when comparing against other leagues, yet the only competion in Europe English teams can win seem to be the Champions League with Liverpool and City as a runner up.
What else do you want them to win? United and Chelsea have won the Europa in recent years. And Chelsea are the current CL holders. Agree with the rest though Haaland is an unbelievable signing. The only way he flops is if he gets too many injuries and ends up missing important games.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
City about to sign a world class player in the only position they need to complete them. Can see them winning the treble next year. They’ll finally land the champions league with him upfront. Hope I’m wrong though and he fails in the prem. highly doubt it though he’ll bang at least 35 goals in.

Nero

City about to sign a world class player in the only position they need to complete them. Can see them winning the treble next year. They’ll finally land the champions league with him upfront. Hope I’m wrong though and he fails in the prem. highly doubt it though he’ll bang at least 35 goals in.
City have definitely been winning the CL 'next year' for the past 10 years. Every year there is a new reason why it's for sure happening this time.

Man-United

Going to be easy to dislike him. Alf Inge's son, hates United most likely, plays for city. feck him.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Has that disappointing feel to it that they have found the missing piece for their inevitable domination.

City will romp the league next season.

The_Midfielder

City have definitely been winning the CL 'next year' for the past 10 years. Every year there is a new reason why it's for sure happening this time.
Real are getting Mbappe .. so that's where the CL is heading

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
He's too damn big to be that damn fast, I reckon he'll have knee/ankle problems by the time he's 26/27, just about the time for City to sell him for a tidy profit.
yeah, that’s the problem with these gm footballers. they can take the semen of a lowly central midfielder that keane could stamp on with a raised boot and build a freakish speed giant but they still can’t get the tendons quite right in the patella or around the ankle.

they also struggle with getting their off field personalities and actions right. you listen to dortmund fans and if haaland is on the bench he will spend the majority of his time scratching around the dugout like a chicken, pecking at his teammates or just staring into the middle distance.

Castia

Can’t deny I’m gutted. He’s already class god knows how good he can become in that City side.

They will get him for 60m due to his release clause and probably sell Jesus for 50m, it’s scary how well run that club is.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Won't all be beaches and sunshine like Norway.
aye. the closest he’ll get to experiencing a good fermented fish will be dalliances with some of the older ladies that frequent panacea cocktail bar.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Do you think so? He seems a bit too much like a target man to me, they should get someone who can be more involved in the play and retain possession better.
I suppose that really depends on how good is technically. My post was just based on the fact that they lack a ruthless touch and some power / runs behind which he gives. Can't say I've seen enough to say how good the rest of his game.

Either way I'm not really bothered about this. We aren't winning thr league over the next 4 years anyway so we best focus on our own level.

Status
Not open for further replies.