Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Anyone think we hijack this deal
It's a bit like dreaming that SAF will come out of retirement to manage us and David Beckham is still young enough to play on the wing for us... that said, if I were on the board I'd call Halaand and ask him how much it would take to get him and pay it but hey, I'm no businessman (not that some of our past geniuses seemed to be much better).

I'm guessing City will announce his arrival the day after the season ends. Not sure how Madrid managed to feck this up and may not get mbappe either

EtH

I'm guessing City will announce his arrival the day after the season ends. Not sure how Madrid managed to feck this up and may not get mbappe either
If only there were a common denominator in both scenarios.

HINT: It isn’t Madrid.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Looking forward to some getting themselves in a bind over having previously lamented Ronaldo's lack of defensive workrate and pressing, who may now be willing to overlook the same characteristics from Haaland in a Pep team:

romufc

If only there were a common denominator in both scenarios.

HINT: It isn’t Madrid.
Exactly, there is only 1 reason Mbappe stays at Paris.

Haaland was talking about how he likes the La Liga etc.. but in most cases money sways decisions.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Something about this HUGE transfer feels very flat, not sure if its the prolonged envitability of it all or just the fact its a soulless oil club taking him, it just doesn’t have the same impact as a Chelsea, Liverpool, Madrid, Barcelona signing, very weird.

Imagine the City fans are creaming themselves but there’s just something flat about it, maybe its too obvious.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Exactly, there is only 1 reason Mbappe stays at Paris.

Haaland was talking about how he likes the La Liga etc.. but in most cases money sways decisions.
Come on. You're not saying there's not plenty of perfectly good reasons to choose City over Madrid other than money, are you?

L1nk

Something about this HUGE transfer feels very flat, not sure if its the prolonged envitability of it all or just the fact its a soulless oil club taking him, it just doesn’t have the same impact as a Chelsea, Liverpool, Madrid, Barcelona signing, very weird.

Imagine the City fans are creaming themselves but there’s just something flat about it, maybe its too obvious.
Its definitely because of what you say, the moment he stepped foot in Dortmund with a low release clause it was obvious what was going to happen, we've all just been waiting for it. It's not like it's some mega deal that clubs have had to struggle to get done with a load of drama. We had our chance and sI think we smartly chose not to take it. He was only ever going to 2 clubs after Dortmund then. It's the same with Mbappe, there's just an inevitability about it that doesn't really excite

Kaushal

Don’t rate him as high as other people. I just don’t see it with him so I’m glad he is not eating our whole budget. The guy has huge flaws in his game. Powerful, Good finisher yes but his all round is sorely lacking. Kane is twice the player albeit older. He would have been another big money disaster for us. City are making a mistake not going on for Kane. Haaland doesn’t have the vision and technical ability of Kane nor have ample space to run into like in bundesliga. Pep’s Ibra at city and city’s lukaku. One was better than Haaland, the other less but this transfer reeks the same to me. Mark my words. A mismatch and misfit. So sure of that.

romufc

Come on. You're not saying there's not plenty of perfectly good reasons to choose City over Madrid other than money, are you?
No, there is good reasons to choose City over Madrid.

In most cases a player would chose Madrid because whether you like it or not there are 2 clubs that mean you have reached the pinnacle of football.

Barcelona and Madrid.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don’t rate him as high as other people. I just don’t see it with him so I’m glad he is not eating our whole budget. The guy has huge flaws in his game. Powerful, Good finisher yes but his all round is sorely lacking. Kane is twice the player albeit older. He would have been another big money disaster for us. City are making a mistake not going on for Kane. Haaland doesn’t have the vision and technical ability of Kane nor have ample space to run into like in bundesliga. Pep’s Ibra at city and city’s lukaku. One was better than Haaland, the other less but this transfer reeks the same to me. Mark my words. A mismatch and misfit. So sure of that.
:lol: how many goals is he scoring next season? just so I can mark your words.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Looking forward to some getting themselves in a bind over having previously lamented Ronaldo's lack of defensive workrate and pressing, who may now be willing to overlook the same characteristics from Haaland in a Pep team:

There were the same concerns about Agüero and Pep even benched him for Jesus at the very beginning. Agüero changed his playing style to suit Pep's system and became even better — I'd be surprised if Haaland, who is younger and is positively obsessed with improving himself (look at how he has developed his previously non-existent heading), is going to be tougher to mould into Pep's ideal number 9.

Chairman Steve

It feels weird to me because of these rumours that Raiola had aspirations of shipping him around European clubs and making huge bank from the agent fees every time. Isn’t that tantamount to human trafficking?

And why does his father need €20m from it?

All of it feels like we’d be dealing with another Tevez/Joorabchian, the latter of whom is a fecking cnut

troylocker

Haaland pressures per 90: 13 - for a team that dominates possession and pretty average for #9s in the top 5 lists. Lower numbers than many wingers, SSs and false 9s for sure, but higher than Mbappe, Benzema, Lewandowski, Kane etc....

Ronaldo pressures per 90: 6,5 - for a team that most of the time dominates possession and in the bottom 1 percentile for forwards in the top 5 leagues
Ronaldo is even worse on the list for final 3rd pressures....

Weghorst pressures per 90: 24 (Extremely high for a team that is allways dominated in possession)

The final 3rd pressing stats for the top dogs at top teams are quite interesting:

Haaland: 8,91 pressings in the final 3rd per 90
Lewa: 6,18....
Benz: 5,70....
Kane: 5,44....
Vlahovic: 5,21....
Ronaldo: 2,97....

Another funfact about Haaland's defensive contribution this season is that 0 players attempted to dribble passed him in the Bundesliga this season. #fearfactor

Unfortunately he will fit right into that City team.... I also guess he's capable of increasing these numbers if demanded.
I'll be surprised if he's not the final, missing piece in that squad. That City team will not lose many matches the next few seasons...

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

Well atleast it makes them more likely to stop Liverpool winning everything.

So there is a silver lining.....

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Congrats to City and Haaland. Big transfer.

The good thing about this for Haaland is that he is going to a top club. A club that is thriving and not struggling. I believe he will score lots of goals. Probably the topscorer in the league. He is elite finisher and City creates a lot of chances.

If we get Mbappe I will be happy to miss out on Haaland.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hopefully he's a big let down. On paper he seems to be right kind of CF for them but let's see how he adapts to English football and their system.

allen7

He will help them win the UCL next year.
City has some really smart people managing their club.

SuperiorXI

Hopefully he's a big let down. On paper he seems to be right kind of CF for them but let's see how he adapts to English football and their system.
Do you think so? He seems a bit too much like a target man to me, they should get someone who can be more involved in the play and retain possession better.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Do you think so? He seems a bit too much like a target man to me, they should get someone who can be more involved in the play and retain possession better.
They have their whole squad for that, they need someone who is going to offer them something different. Unfortunately Haaland gives them exactly what they need. He's gonna score a boat load of goals. The hope is he doesn't stay for more than 4 years before fecking off to Madrid and/or has injury problems which feck him over, otherwise he's gonna smash it with them IMO.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He will help them win the UCL next year.
City has some really smart people managing their club.
I wouldn't say a team with no striker going and buying Haaland has smart people working for them. It's just addressing the 1 hole with the most obvious dream signing in Europe. Though I guess we've had the DM as a hole for years and always ignore it.

Hughes35

We will make our enquiries as will every club..... We won't get him though.

We wont offer the best financial package to his family (City, PSG, Madrid) and we aren't attractive for winning things (City, PSG, Madrid, Liverpool, Bayern)

Yea, it's not happening.

RedB4ndiT

85 goals in 88 games. That is phenomenal.
Calm down, it's only the Bundesliga. So many of their "top players" (remember Mkhi?) fizzled out when they moved to other higher quality leagues (Jovic top striker now not even good enough for Real Madrid B Team, Time Werner, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.